Author Topic: Public Censorship  (Read 9100 times)

Gideon Brown

Public Censorship
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2005, 04:40:51 pm »
and hey Gideon Brown, there is nothing wrong with rena nd stimpy, i was raised on that show!!
twas the reason i first started loving cartoons.
[snapback]182895[/snapback]

I was using that as an example as to why there is no point to censorship. My parents grew up on it (as did most of our parents on this board did) and they didn't go around killing people, and throwing stumps, or logs, down stairs on peoples heads. *remembers the song*
But suddenly, our parents grow up and don't want us watching shows like that. How. Nice.

Eva:Gina

Public Censorship
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2005, 07:11:07 pm »
i dunno, my paretns have been pretty good with censoring htings, unlesss they wre uber violent, my parents just gave us enough credit to stop watching somthing if we didnt like it.

dad tried to get me to read "last exit to brooklyn" when i was 8 or so. this book is banned in alot of places, it is really gory and not suitible for anyone who is vaugly innocent.  but mum stopped him, i just think he thought "this is a good book" and didnt actaully htink of the content.

Gideon Brown

Public Censorship
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2005, 04:43:19 am »
When I said 'our parents' I meant our parents generation.

Eva:Gina

Public Censorship
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2005, 08:41:11 pm »
When I said 'our parents' I meant our parents generation.
[snapback]183182[/snapback]
i know!! its ok, im not trying ot disprove you, i agree with you!!
in the most part, anyways, they were the children of hte 60's so they cant really claim that much innocence :lol: plus, my dad has a real bad potty mouth, so he wuld be a hypocrite if he tried to stop me watching somthing cos of bad language :D

timstapels

Public Censorship
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2005, 08:45:11 pm »
Ren and Stimpy was fine but  the Adult Ren and Stimpy show isn't very good - that is in quality and in cencorship.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
Public Censorship
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2005, 02:35:48 pm »
no. if you are paying for your cable, then they shouldnt have censor ship. but if you ask them to put it on, then they should. so that way lil kids and their families dont have to argue about it
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty