Author Topic: 100 Greatest Americans  (Read 10097 times)

Dragon Of Grief

100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2005, 05:47:42 pm »
Michael Moore? You've gotta be frickin me. What did he ever do besides be a paranoid conspiracy theorist?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 05:48:48 pm by Dragon Of Grief »

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2005, 05:54:27 pm »
Atleast he didn't send thousands of soldiers to fight his battles.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2005, 05:55:46 pm »
Brett Favre is an american icon.  He will go down as one of the best quarterbacks ever.  He deserves to be on there. 
[snapback]182447[/snapback]

Sorry, but no he doesn't.  He's a great QB, for sure, but not one of the 100 Greatest Americans ever.  Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana, and John Elway were all (in my opinion) more important than Favre, yet their names aren't on the list.  They probably only put him on the list to ::Dolphin Noise:: me off...
[snapback]182457[/snapback]

That's where our opinions differ.  I think Favre is as good as or better than each of those players.  

I'm having a little change of heart here.  I'm starting to believe that athletes shouldn't even be on the list.  Besides entertaining us, what have they done?  Very few of them do more than entertain and make lots of money.  I don't know how everyone else feels, but I believe a list without athletes would be better.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2005, 05:58:31 pm »
Brett Favre is an american icon.  He will go down as one of the best quarterbacks ever.  He deserves to be on there. 

Sorry, but no he doesn't.  He's a great QB, for sure, but not one of the 100 Greatest Americans ever.  Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana, and John Elway were all (in my opinion) more important than Favre, yet their names aren't on the list.  They probably only put him on the list to ::Dolphin Noise:: me off...

That's where our opinions differ.  I think Favre is as good as or better than each of those players.  

I'm having a little change of heart here.  I'm starting to believe that athletes shouldn't even be on the list.  Besides entertaining us, what have they done?  Very few of them do more than entertain and make lots of money.  I don't know how everyone else feels, but I believe a list without athletes would be better.
[snapback]182492[/snapback]
I feel most of the celeberty's on this list should not be on here. It should be real heros.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 05:59:37 pm by Rocko »

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Kenny Blankenship

100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2005, 06:00:15 pm »

First point: Whether or not he is better than those I mentioned is irrelevant (I would say that from watching Favre for 10+ years, that he's not the QB uber-God people make him out to be)... he's not as important as those other players.  And heck, someone like Joe Namath was probably more important than him as well...

Second point: Yes... although I would say that Ruth, Robinson, and Jordan belong there... they're really not all that important...

Dragon Of Grief

100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2005, 06:01:51 pm »
Atleast he didn't send thousands of soldiers to fight his battles.
[snapback]182490[/snapback]
Well, of course not... he isn't the president.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2005, 06:04:49 pm »
Second point: Yes... although I would say that Ruth, Robinson, and Jordan belong there... they're really not all that important...
[snapback]182495[/snapback]

If you wanted to make an argument for ONE athlete, then I guess Jackie Robinson would be the only one that you could make a great argument for.  He DID break the race barrier in MLB by being the first non-caucasian player to play an entire season (he wasn't the FIRST player to play).  He may be the only athlete that belongs there.

Dragon Of Grief

100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2005, 06:07:35 pm »
I think Thomas Jefferson deserves to be number one.

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2005, 06:36:18 pm »
I think whoever made that list has been watching the news too much. A lot of those people just did a few things lately. A good few don't deserve to be on that list.
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2005, 06:43:13 pm »
I don't know what y'all guys are talkin' bout, Laura Bush deserves to be on that list. She makes fun of the president! Now what kind of hero are you if you don't make fun of the president? Here's an example:

"...But George and I are complete opposites — I'm quiet, he's talkative, I'm introverted, he's extroverted, I can pronounce nuclear..."

Snowthrower

100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2005, 06:43:30 pm »
I can understand Michael Moore & Donald Trump being there. But after what Martha Stewart has done, she shouldnt be on there.
[snapback]182237[/snapback]

Michael Moore?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!!! I have lost lots of respect for Discovery just for that.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2005, 12:51:13 pm »
I don't know what y'all guys are talkin' bout, Laura Bush deserves to be on that list. She makes fun of the president! Now what kind of hero are you if you don't make fun of the president? Here's an example:

"...But George and I are complete opposites — I'm quiet, he's talkative, I'm introverted, he's extroverted, I can pronounce nuclear..."
[snapback]182532[/snapback]

If she deserves to be on there for making fun of Bush, then so do I. XD

Sheldon J. Plankton

100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2005, 02:05:06 pm »

I feel most of the celeberty's on this list should not be on here. It should be real heros.
[snapback]182493[/snapback]

Yeah celebrities aren't really heros, I mean half of them are doin' stuff like drugs anyway, that certainly doesn't make them great heros.

Offline thedarkonexxx

• Sandy
    • View Profile
100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2005, 07:51:24 pm »
They have Brett Farve but they dont have good ol' FDR. Tisk, Tisk, Tisk.
A thug changes,
A love changes,
And best friends become strangers.  -Nas, The Message