Author Topic: What Should We Do To Protect Endangered Animals?  (Read 9011 times)

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
What Should We Do To Protect Endangered Animals?
« on: June 02, 2005, 11:05:24 am »
I have many ideas...but I mainly want to see what you think should be done.
One of my ideas is to stop de-forestation and plant more trees for animals in reinforests and for Panda's in China.
And hunting animals such as Tigers should be made illigal, plus the idea of shooting Cheetahs just because a farmer can see them wandering around is pathetic.
It is predicted that in 20 years time, all the following animals will be extinct:

Tigers
Cheetahs
Lions
Orangatangs
Gorillas
Pandas
Elephants
Whales (too many to list)
Red Wolf
Cougar
Leopard
Lynx
Marine Otter
Black Rhinocerous
Wombat
Short-Tailed Chinchilla
Giant Armadillo
California Condor
Mauritius Kestrel

And many more....to think, the next few generations will not live to see these magnificant animals.
What do you think should be done to help save them from extinction?

Animals below are already extinct due to human activity (ones I know of):

DoDo
Tasmanian Tiger
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 11:48:03 am »
I say adopt them :D

Seriously.

Gideon Brown

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 01:19:44 pm »
I'm more concerned about the endangered sealife. There are less than 1000 Bowhead Whales, last I checked. And the Blue Whale is also on the verge of extinction. These animals do not breed quickly, like other animals. The offspring stay with their mothers for a long time, much like human offspring, as they do not mature quickly. In the past decade whales have suddenly gotten cancer. Never before did they have cancer. It is us humans who pollute the land, air and water, which in the end, all lead to the ocean.
www.savethewhales.org is a great website to check on how to help save the animals.
One good way would be to stop using balloons. When thrown away carelessly, animals will ingest them, and these balloons will block the passageway to their stomach, so they can not ingest food.
Balloons are perceived as a celebration of life: The birth of a child, grand openings, fairs, birthdays, get well wishes, and anniversaries, among others.

But for marine animals, balloons may mean death, as do other forms of plastic. Balloons are ingested by whales, dolphins, turtles, seals, fish and water-fowl, who innocently believe they are food such as jellyfish or squid.
A young sperm whale was dying when it stranded on a New Jersey beach. A balloon had had lodged in its stomach, preventing the passage of food.

A leatherback turtle (which is an endangered species) starved to death because a latex balloon halted passage of food to its stomach. The only thing found in its intestines during a post mortem was three feet of nylon string attached to a balloon.

These are only two graphic examples of the thousands of animals killed every year by balloons.
A suggestion, instead of using balloons for celebrations, use windsocks, which can be reused.

Timo is absolutely right. Participating in an 'adoption' prgramme gives money to the organization that needs it to help protect the environment, and you also get a certificate, and sometimes even posters, and useful information. Adopting a whale is 15 dollars, and you get some information sheets, a box to store them in, a poster of your choice (two to choose from, one is beautiful) and the certificate.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 01:21:38 pm by Gideon Brown »

Sheldon J. Plankton

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 02:03:48 pm »
I say we should find an easier way to control developement and to stop pochers. This combined with breeding programs in zoo's (they already do it with sharks at aquariums), would help now, but when we get the right technology, we can colonzize a new planet which would reduce Earth's human population, so there would be more room for the animals.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 02:41:36 am »
we can colonzize a new planet which would reduce Earth's human population, so there would be more room for the animals.
[snapback]185934[/snapback]

Not a bad idea...but do remember: humans are parasites.
They will move to that new planet and destroy that also...because that is what humans do.

Other than that...good ideas guys (and girls).  :tongue:

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

timstapels

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 02:50:37 am »
Not a bad idea...but do remember: humans are parasites.
They will move to that new planet and destroy that also...because that is what humans do.
[snapback]186248[/snapback]
Yeah, we really are.
All that can be done is to make more humans have respect.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 02:57:09 am »
All that can be done, is to destroy the weak-minded humans and restore the animal population.
You'd find a massive decrease in the population of humans if all the weak-minded ones where killed.

timstapels

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 03:01:36 am »
All that can be done, is to destroy the weak-minded humans and restore the animal population.
You'd find a massive decrease in the population of humans if all the weak-minded ones where killed.
[snapback]186256[/snapback]
The horrid thing is, the weak-minded humans seem to have the msot power. Humans might not live for much longer if the world were rid of weak-minders.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 03:27:31 am »
Not nessacerily (sp?)....for you see, weak-minded human beings don't last long in power. Only the 'stupid' people (aka weak minded) follow those leaders.
It's the countrys with strong-minded leaders and citizens that last for a long time...look at Australia and New Zealand. (wait, you don't have to..do you? You live there!)
An example of a country filled with weak-minded citizens and leaders: Iraq.
Just look at the chaos and such that endures with such pathetic leadership and education, the weak-minded fools kill eachother for nothing.
Brainless apes.

Anyway, back on topic.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 03:28:58 am by Sarah »

timstapels

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 02:05:57 pm »
Not nessacerily (sp?)....for you see, weak-minded human beings don't last long in power. Only the 'stupid' people (aka weak minded) follow those leaders.
It's the countrys with strong-minded leaders and citizens that last for a long time...look at Australia and New Zealand. (wait, you don't have to..do you? You live there!)
An example of a country filled with weak-minded citizens and leaders: Iraq.
Just look at the chaos and such that endures with such pathetic leadership and education, the weak-minded fools kill eachother for nothing.
Brainless apes.

Anyway, back on topic.
[snapback]186261[/snapback]
Good point....very good point.
[/OFFTOPIC]

soccersb

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2005, 06:05:37 pm »
Pollution
Littering
Destrying animals inviorment

Pollution,because It is Making the air unhealthy for both Humans and Animals and Making them sick.

Littering,because animals eat mostly whatever they can get and they Choke and Die.Littering is a Big thing in the Ocean.People throw trash and i again Chokes Dolphins,Fish,Sharks,whales etc.

Destoying the Inviorment because that is where all animals live.If you destroy that they have no where to go.

Eva:Gina

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2005, 07:10:57 pm »
I say adopt them :D

Seriously.
[snapback]185864[/snapback]
ggod point. the body shop has set up a thingee where you can adopt hectors dolphins, just like a starving kid or somthing. very, very cool.

its not jsut industrialisation that has wiped out animals. long before the english got to new zealand, hundreds of types of birds had been hunted to extinction, or their habitat burned off to flush out prey.
and htis was by hte comparitivly primative maori.

Sb129

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2005, 09:02:43 pm »
Kill off poachers no seriiousally(if that's how you spell it)put them in the electric chair or shoot them.Actually paranormal investigators(like me) & regular people have seen something that looks like tasmanian tigers so they could still be alive but very few of them thoe.For more info try to catch
an episode of animal planet's Animal X.

Luckily we just got the bald eagle off the list hooray for USA bird.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 09:07:12 pm by Sb129 »

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2005, 09:46:02 pm »
Set up reservations, put up harder poaching laws, do NOT develop Alaska for oil, don't dump toxic waste, keep emisons down to a mininum, and don't litter.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2005, 04:11:47 am »
One point someone made about the English taking over Australia and whiping out certain birds, I'de like to add that the dodo was one of those birds.