Author Topic: Rant about Stand and Truth  (Read 7476 times)

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Rant about Stand and Truth
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2005, 08:51:53 am »
You are being denied freedom.
Then businesses are being denied freedom by not being able to ban smoking in their property.
[snapback]192084[/snapback]

But they're operating for the people. They need to have the people somewhat happy if they want people to eat at their establishment. I honestly don't see a problem with sequestering(sp?) the smokers in another section of a resturant. It makes everyone happy.
[snapback]192097[/snapback]

The only way I would accept that is if they have proper ventilation, and it's a decent amount away from nonsmokers.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2005, 09:01:19 am »
You are being denied freedom.
Then businesses are being denied freedom by not being able to ban smoking in their property.
[snapback]192084[/snapback]

But they're operating for the people. They need to have the people somewhat happy if they want people to eat at their establishment. I honestly don't see a problem with sequestering(sp?) the smokers in another section of a resturant. It makes everyone happy.
[snapback]192097[/snapback]

The only way I would accept that is if they have proper ventilation, and it's a decent amount away from nonsmokers.
[snapback]192104[/snapback]
Ventilation is the most important thing, because I've sat right next to the smoking section, and couldn't smell any smoke.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2005, 09:04:34 am »
I don't agree with banning smoking compleatly, but in many pubs here in the UK we don't have 'non-smoking' sections.
We do in resteraunts and the like, but not in pubs.
We should have a 'non-smoking' area in the pub, I myself have been having difficulty breathing as a result of passive smoking, you gotta remember the slogan: Smoking doesn't just efect your helth, it effects those around you.
And young children are at a higher risk of death from passive smoking (ages new born and up to about 8 or 9), many however survive but still need special treatment in hospitals.
I don't know if Americaa, Australia, New Zealand or Canada have these problems where children at very young ages die because of some stupid person needing a smoke around them.
If you gotta smoke, smoke outside or in a 'smoking zone'.
You wouldn't beleive it though, some people still think its OK to smoke in non-smoking areas anyway...but then again they are normally stupid kids.
I don't understand either how some children about age 9 can smoke! There are many kids down my street who aren't even 10 yet and they smoke.
Something needs to be done.

If you couldn't be bothered to read all that, here's a shorter version:

Let smokers smoke, stay clear of them if you don't want to passive smoke.
The UK needs to get some bloomin' non-smoking areas in pubs.
Younger children are at higher risk of death from passive smoking.
The younger generation is stupid.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.