Author Topic: Seriously...  (Read 3076 times)

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Seriously...
« on: August 07, 2005, 03:12:04 pm »
Seriously guys. Is there really a reason to close topics that have been bumped. Even if the post that bumped is stupid. I mean,  if the topic is a good topic, then it should stay open, even if it is a few years old. And ive seen some good topics be bumped and then closed because of that. There is no reason to close a topic just because it was bumped(as long as it wasnt a stupid or spam topic in the first place)

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Seriously...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 03:14:52 pm »
Actually, there is a good reason.  It keeps people from posting in a topic that was needlessly bumped.  

There's almost  never a good reason to bump a topic, and if there is, the mods leave the topic open.  If the bump was stupid, then they close it to keep it from being posted in more.  It's that simple.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Seriously...
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 03:19:16 pm »
Another reason: If the topic is a few years old, more than half of the members dont post anymore. Whats the harm in making a new topic? It's just a bothersom. Why do I want to reply to something that someone said 3 years ago?

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Seriously...
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 03:50:31 pm »
Unless the post is a continuation of a conversation that was going on in the topic, it would most likely be easier for everyone involved just to create a new topic about whatever the topic is about.

We probably shouldn't be closing the topics though, just encouraging creating new topics instead.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

spongebuddie

Seriously...
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 06:07:48 pm »
Actually, there is a good reason.  It keeps people from posting in a topic that was needlessly bumped. 

There's almost  never a good reason to bump a topic, and if there is, the mods leave the topic open.  If the bump was stupid, then they close it to keep it from being posted in more.  It's that simple.
[snapback]215050[/snapback]
ur starting to sound like my mother  :blink: lol

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Seriously...
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 12:58:49 am »
Well, this is what i think:

We should be encouarged to make new topics rather than bump an incredibly old one(like c said) but if the thread was already bumped, and there was a good discussion going on then you shouldnt close it. It should stay open. Then there is no use in making a new topic. And even if say some of the peoples who posted in that thread are no longer active doesnt mean that others cant just come on and continue the conversation.

jojobird

Seriously...
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 11:51:18 am »
A few years old is too long. We need some room for the newer topics.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Seriously...
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 05:28:18 pm »
Well, this is what i think:

We should be encouarged to make new topics rather than bump an incredibly old one(like c said) but if the thread was already bumped, and there was a good discussion going on then you shouldnt close it. It should stay open. Then there is no use in making a new topic. And even if say some of the peoples who posted in that thread are no longer active doesnt mean that others cant just come on and continue the conversation.
[snapback]215934[/snapback]

I normally dont close it in that case unless some new guy with 7 posts bumps it, along with all old topics 5 pages down the line. But really, try to stay on the front page or two. Dont go 5 pages back and pull a topic that is 3 months old....
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 05:29:18 pm by Isnt Anything »

~angelene's dreams

Seriously...
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 09:51:04 pm »
jesus WEPT.....who cares??  Bumping oldies shouldn't be an issue.  stuff your rules.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Seriously...
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 09:52:12 pm »
You go girl.

Seriously, she's right. It's really no big deal.

~angelene's dreams

Seriously...
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2005, 10:01:54 pm »
i am always right....just so you know.

Rabble

Seriously...
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2005, 10:22:21 pm »
It should be closed if its not important and ITS mostly NEVER important.

~angelene's dreams

Seriously...
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005, 01:57:53 am »
oh...and here i thought EVERYTHING was important at a SpongeBob Forum.

Sorry....forums are for having FUN...not starting a New World Order. :closedeyes: