Author Topic: What is the main reason for obesity in children?  (Read 11382 times)

Now that were men

What is the main reason for obesity in children?
« on: May 10, 2006, 02:50:59 pm »
Is Mc donalds really to blame in this terrifying disorder that is sweeping the nation?  Or is it the parents, to stressed out to fix a proper dinner once in a while and monitor their kids eating habits.

Or is it junk food that is regularly available for kids to purchase in school lunches?  It could be many things...No dought in my mind that fast food can be a contibuting factor to obesity, but is it really the main factor?

Ive watched super size me...It was fansinating...

Blush~~*

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 03:02:08 pm »
Fast food, candy, parents, autocontrol and sometimes the person has other health problems that cause the obesity. Fast food is really, in my opinion, one of the major factors that contribute to the obesity. The last time i ate fast food like Mc Donalds was months ago, because I love chinese food and I always eat it when i'm going out (and its rare). But I think that we need autocontrol and eat what we can when we can. Soemtimes what's tasty isn't good. Also, do exercises is good to health, instead of the ppl being fat or not.

Now that were men

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 03:06:58 pm »
Well said.

America, in my view, is a very materilisic place.  People here need more more more more...Why do you think a super size has a half pound of fries in it? Because america wants l a ugsiorus (please forgive my really bad spelling) life...And they get that by, well eating. After all, well fed people have good lives... not if you 520 pounds though...

Lil Loco

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 03:12:58 pm »
people put too much blame on mcdonalds and fast food for obesity problems.  people always wanna shift the blame so they can say it aint their fault.  

"yea, im 320 pounds cuz mcdonalds force-fed burgers down my throat and i had no say it."

the bottom line is...if you get heavy from fast food...its your fault...not mcdonald's fault, not burger king's fault.  yours.  fast food is meant to be eaten in moderation...you're GONNA get heavy if you gorge yourself all the time, unless you got a real high metabolism...in which case it still aint healthy for you, but wutever.  point being...this is a free country...no one is making you eat big-macs everyday.

the same goes for candy and junk food...watch wut you eat, and you wont have to worry about anything.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 03:13:52 pm by Lil Loco »

Now that were men

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 03:14:42 pm »
Good point.  But the problem is some people are... What should we do to stop it? let them kill them selfs? After all...Its thier life, thier bodys.

Lil Loco

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 03:15:47 pm »
if people wanna eat fast food all the time, you cant stop em.  they gotta make a conscious decision.  you cant decide for them.

Now that were men

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 03:17:44 pm »
But do you think maybe Mc donalds should cut down? Who needs a half pound of fries in a supersize meal?

carterhawk

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 03:20:59 pm »
Its the parents fault. If one of the parents stayed home to take care of the house and prepare good meals then people wouldnt be eating out all the time.

Lil Loco

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 03:21:23 pm »
i might feel like havin a alotta fries one day at mcdonalds if im hungry.  but no one said you have to supersize your meal.

Blush~~*

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 03:24:24 pm »
I think that..if ppl have money to eat a bigmac everyday, they have money to  at least,  eat something more healthy..they know what they're doing with thier bodies and still eating it. Or maybe some ppl don't.
I'm not talking about stop eating and stay starving all day. If ppl have money to eat a bigmac everyday, they also have money to go to a gym, or run in a park, something like that. Food is only a vehicle used for the ppl without autocontrol.

Its the parents fault. If one of the parents stayed home to take care of the house and prepare good meals then people wouldnt be eating out all the time.

Maybe. They could hire someone to prepare good meals while they're out. Who could buy food out if there is food in the house?

i might feel like havin a alotta fries one day at mcdonalds if im hungry. but no one said you have to supersize your meal.

If ppl eat supersize meal everyday, they will have some problem to eat "normalsize" meal for a little while. And they know they can eat something better, they just don't stop it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 03:30:03 pm by Blush~~* »

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 04:38:25 pm »
people put too much blame on mcdonalds and fast food for obesity problems.  people always wanna shift the blame so they can say it aint their fault. 

"yea, im 320 pounds cuz mcdonalds force-fed burgers down my throat and i had no say it."

the bottom line is...if you get heavy from fast food...its your fault...not mcdonald's fault, not burger king's fault.  yours.  fast food is meant to be eaten in moderation...you're GONNA get heavy if you gorge yourself all the time, unless you got a real high metabolism...in which case it still aint healthy for you, but wutever.  point being...this is a free country...no one is making you eat big-macs everyday.

the same goes for candy and junk food...watch wut you eat, and you wont have to worry about anything.
[snapback]287066[/snapback]
Bingo.

Lil Loco

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 04:42:35 pm »
  i might feel like havin a alotta fries one day at mcdonalds if im hungry. but no one said you have to supersize your meal.

If ppl eat supersize meal everyday, they will have some problem to eat "normalsize" meal for a little while. And they know they can eat something better, they just don't stop it.
[snapback]287075[/snapback]

thats still the choice of the person.  if they want to eat that way, you cant blame fast food for it.

if people can blame mcdonalds for being fat, then i can blame my misspelled words on my keyboard.

Blush~~*

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 05:05:41 pm »

[snapback]287075[/snapback]

thats still the choice of the person.  if they want to eat that way, you cant blame fast food for it.

if people can blame mcdonalds for being fat, then i can blame my misspelled words on my keyboard.
[snapback]287109[/snapback]

Yep, the fast food and other things are just a vehicle that people are using..them they just blame it. They must stop blaming and start doing something @.@ Is just lik the Gun Control Debate. Who kill? The human. What is USED to kill? The gun.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 05:07:25 pm by Blush~~* »

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 06:53:37 pm »
If went back to the way it was in the 1950s, where Dad went to work and Mom stayed home to clean and cook good, wholesome meals, then kids wouldn't be as fat.  It's this state that America is in: we want everything with convenience, screw the consequences.

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 07:22:26 pm »
It's pretty simple. There are more calories being consumed than burned off.