Author Topic: what is ADHD and how do u kno if u have it  (Read 7678 times)

spongebuddie

what is ADHD and how do u kno if u have it
« on: July 20, 2006, 06:56:42 pm »
well my friends i have it too lol and this link goes to a video that really spells out what an ADHD kid's life is like it goes inside the mind of a kid like that (not litterally but it does pin point very key symptoms that scream ADHD!!! ADHD!!!)
now when i watched this there were alot of things the kid said that me myself could really relate to from the teacher comments at school to the outside playing w/ friends and having BOUNDLESS energy i jus want to share this w/ everyone so that they can get a better understanding of what ADHD is and how to spot it :D

click here
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 10:41:40 am by ssj4gogita4 »

Patback399

Re: what is ADHD and how do u kno if u have it
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 09:06:48 pm »
I have schizophrenia.

spongebuddie

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 09:16:50 pm »
u have wha??

Band8PGeek

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 02:42:41 am »
Schizophrenia (schiz·o·phre·ni·a)
n.
1) Any of a group of psychotic disorders usually characterized by withdrawal from reality, illogical patterns of thinking, delusions, and hallucinations, and accompanied in varying degrees by other emotional, behavioral, or intellectual disturbances. Schizophrenia is associated with dopamine imbalances in the brain and may have an underlying genetic cause.
2) A situation or condition that results from the coexistence of disparate or antagonistic qualities, identities, or activities: the national schizophrenia that results from carrying out an unpopular war.
^_^

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 08:20:54 am »
I think almost every preteen/teenager has "ADHD" or "ADD". It's no big deal. Most people grow out of it and it's a good excuse to get lots of Ritalin and other happy pills...which actually isn't a bad thing :blink:

CloneTrooperX

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 08:36:26 am »
That's like a brain disorder right?

BTW.I'm at the campground at my vacation.

spongebuddie

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 04:00:58 pm »
lol nooo it's not a brain disorder yall it's a chemical imbalance in the brain lol if it were a brain disorder then i wouldn't even kno how to spell lol that would mean it's a mental thing lol nah it's well i jus told yall
and no not almost every preteen/teenager has it docters jus don't know how to correctly diagnose it and jus assume that adhd is probably it ALOT of kids get diganosed n really don't have it it's a real disorder
A-ttention
D-efisate
H-yperactivity
D-isorder
the only difference between add and adHd is the H hyperactivity yall the video points that out when i was diagnosed i was 4 years old now i kno my aunt/dad didn't go through all that trouble to get a 4 year old "happy pills" and i was diagnosed at texas childrens hospitol by DR. bruce Perry n he was on Oprah show so i know he's an expirianced docter.
and the medicene they give me aren't happy pills to someone who doesn't have adhd ritalin is also known as speed but for someone WITH adhd it has a reverse effect lol instead of speeding them up it calms them down
and i've taken almost every medicene the pediatrician can perscribe me i've taken
ritalin (didn't work b/c it made me skinny as hell n it didn't do ne thing for me ne way)
adderall (jus made me like a zombi lol)
stratara (put me to sleep in class all the time :P)
concerta(really the only one that works for me but i keep getting immune to the amount of millagrams i've taken 36 millagrams 54, 72, 90 and now 108 milagrams now i've only been takin this new amount of milagrams for 2 days lol so idk if it's gonna work yet or not)
focalin(pssh nothing happened)
n a couple i can't think of right now and with me my body gets immune to the medicene like not even a full semester of school lol n thas y i've had to go on so many different meds is b/c i get immune to it and the med starts to loose it's effect on me till it doesn't work ne more
all it really affects (adhd is my grades n how i act at home n around my friends which isn't bad at all cuz i'm older lol) and a reason i think i have it is because adhd is also hereditary which means it can be passed down from family and i have alot of family (on dad's side) who had add wierd enough they were all men and i am so far the only girl in my family that has adhd lol
here are some links
http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/adhd/default.htm
http://www.newideas.net/
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 04:06:02 pm by spongebuddie »

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 05:31:33 pm »
I've had it since kindergarten. So...16 years still. I dont act like I have ADHD anymore...maybe on a rare occasion.

I asked my mom if I still have it she said I still have ADD but not sure about the H anymore. :|

CloneTrooperX

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 06:45:48 pm »
Oh. I haven't had those problems before.

spongebuddie

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 08:15:26 pm »
I've had it since kindergarten. So...16 years still. I dont act like I have ADHD anymore...maybe on a rare occasion.

I asked my mom if I still have it she said I still have ADD but not sure about the H anymore. :|
u probably got lucky n grew out of it
that does happen as u get older but well in my case doesn't look like it's gonna happen for a while

jesusofsuburbia

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2006, 09:06:53 am »
I think I have ADD. Without the H.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2006, 10:12:08 pm »
Wikipedia:

The symptoms of ADHD fall into the following two broad categories:

Inattention:

1. Failing to pay close attention to details or making careless mistakes when doing schoolwork or other activities
   2. Trouble keeping attention focused during play or tasks
   3. Appearing not to listen when spoken to
   4. Failing to follow instructions or finish tasks
   5. Avoiding tasks that require a high amount of mental effort and organization, such as school projects
   6. Frequently losing items required to facilitate tasks or activities, such as school supplies
   7. Excessive distractibility
   8. Forgetfulness

Hyperactivity-impulsive behavior

1. Fidgeting with hands or feet or squirming in seat
   2. Leaving seat often, even when inappropriate
   3. Running or climbing at inappropriate times
   4. Difficulty in quiet play
   5. Frequently feeling restless
   6. Excessive speech
   7. Answering a question before the speaker has finished
   8. Failing to await one's turn
   9. Interrupting the activities of others at inappropriate times

The two are different, but I do know someone who has both of them.

GIR

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 07:49:28 am »
I think almost every preteen/teenager has "ADHD" or "ADD". It's no big deal. Most people grow out of it and it's a good excuse to get lots of Ritalin and other happy pills...which actually isn't a bad thing :blink:

ritalin made me depressed, now I take concerta. Also not everybody has it, alot of teens just say it as an excuse for laziness. 

spongebuddie

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 08:21:46 am »

ritalin made me depressed, now I take concerta. Also not everybody has it, alot of teens just say it as an excuse for laziness. 
yea that they do :/
stratara made me fall asleep in school lol
n ritalin made me skinny lol my aunt told me i was 15lbs for 3 years n no that wasn't recent i was at the age when u havn't reached 100lbs yet :P

spongey snail

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 04:34:43 pm »
I have schizophrenia.
I have flat feet.I think.