Author Topic: Kazaa: Illegal Or Not?  (Read 9189 times)

mermaidman97007

Kazaa: Illegal Or Not?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2003, 04:02:12 pm »
cmonkey, I did read what you said, I just responded to what he'd said...I know the process too, I went to riaa.com, and looked it up a long time ago :happy:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2003, 09:51:43 am by mermaidman97007 »

Guest_Michael

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2003, 03:24:12 pm »
:blink:

Dony use Kazaa  or kazaa Lite because there are worms in the sotware and they will destroy your hard drive , they will also erase your operating system password therefore you wont be able to access your computer unless enteing safe mode by pressing F8 of F12.

mermaidman97007

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2003, 03:33:33 pm »
uhhhhh thats not true...
you can however download worms and viruses...

garyfan

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2003, 05:12:52 am »
it is illegal in my state. they have arrested people. how stupid. The NY gov't is so strict
Read what I just wrote. :sleep:
The still fine or arrest ppl in NY!
No, they don't.  Read what I just wrote!  

mermaidman97007, they don't need to do anything like that.  Read what I wrote above.  The entire process is written there.
it is illegal in NY u do not even live in NY anyway they also enforce it very well here u would not understand coz u do not live here so how would u kno wat it is like in another state?

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2003, 12:50:47 pm »
Well Kazaa is illegal in TX, and well the Texas State Govt. is probably very strict than NY (I've been to NY). Anyway it's soooo strict that if you CAN get arrested if a record company or a cop finds out you have Kazaa in your computer. Mainly if you share your files with another person, just DON'T. My uncle in San Antonio used to have Kazaa until my cousin was arrested for it and is now in juvey because he e-mailed the record company that he has Kazaa.

Oh, well.  

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2003, 06:35:27 pm »
WOW you people really really annoy me.  KAZAA ISNT ILLEGAL.  Sharing copyrighted files without a licence to do so is illegal.  Hmm, I'll describe it in terms that you might be able to understand.  Lets say you own an axe.  The axe is just a tool, like Kazaa.  Nobody can arrest you for using an axe to chop your own wood.  But, if you use the axe to break someones mailbox, you've committed a crime.  Get it now?

2.  YOU CANT GET ARRESTED FOR USING/HAVING KAZAA.  Read above.  Even if you were caught spreading copyrighted files, you aren't going to get arrested.  Why?  Because its a CIVIL LAWSUIT, not a CRIMINAL LAWSUIT.  Its between the RIAA and you, not the government and you.  The government is merely an intermediary between you and the RIAA.

So, before anyone even bothers to reply to this, DO SOME RESEARCH.  Remember kids, Google.com is your friend.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2003, 06:36:16 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

BobPantsSpongeSquare

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2003, 09:10:38 am »
I think it's illegal,

I don't use it any way,

MAYBE because it's responsible for 4 of my 5 computer virus' :angry:  :sad:  :angry:  :sad:
 :blowup:  :blowup:  

mermaidman97007

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2003, 09:15:32 am »
I think it's illegal,

I don't use it any way,

MAYBE because it's responsible for 4 of my 5 computer virus' :angry:  :sad:  :angry:  :sad:
 :blowup:  :blowup:
Its NOT Responsible for those viruses...you are, for downloading them to your harddrive, and opening them w/o scanning them 1st...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2003, 09:17:13 am by mermaidman97007 »

garyfan

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2003, 05:03:45 am »
Kazaa is illegal in NY when people "steal" copyrighted files

mermaidman97007

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2003, 12:44:42 pm »
WOW you people really really annoy me.  KAZAA ISNT ILLEGAL.  Sharing copyrighted files without a licence to do so is illegal.  Hmm, I'll describe it in terms that you might be able to understand.  Lets say you own an axe.  The axe is just a tool, like Kazaa.  Nobody can arrest you for using an axe to chop your own wood.  But, if you use the axe to break someones mailbox, you've committed a crime.  Get it now?

2.  YOU CANT GET ARRESTED FOR USING/HAVING KAZAA.  Read above.  Even if you were caught spreading copyrighted files, you aren't going to get arrested.  Why?  Because its a CIVIL LAWSUIT, not a CRIMINAL LAWSUIT.  Its between the RIAA and you, not the government and you.  The government is merely an intermediary between you and the RIAA.

So, before anyone even bothers to reply to this, DO SOME RESEARCH.  Remember kids, Google.com is your friend.
You obviously didnt read this...read again please!
It Is NOT ILLEGAL to have Kazaa on your comp. It is illegal to have a buncha copyrighted files on your comp that you dont have permission to have...

garyfan

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2003, 03:03:16 pm »
thats wat i just said stupid

mermaidman97007

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2003, 03:13:08 pm »
Kazaa is illegal in NY when people "steal" copyrighted files
I am not stupid...BTW it is illegal in the whole U.S. u idiot!!! And its not 'stealing' its 'sharing' get it right...

Patrick

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2003, 03:15:05 pm »
Guys and girls, I would calm down if I were you. You don't want a ban do you? You have no rights to call each other idiots and dumb. Please get along and make this a fun enviroment for people to "hang out".

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2003, 03:20:01 pm »
Thank you Patrick.  Now I don't have to yell at them  :tongue:  
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2003, 03:22:18 pm »
Good job telling people off and not being a mod Patrick. I wish I had that skill. :box: