Author Topic: Introducing...USBB - The USB (tool)Bar!  (Read 3245 times)

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Introducing...USBB - The USB (tool)Bar!
« on: May 09, 2007, 08:36:00 pm »

What is USBB
USBB, which stands for the "United SpongeBob (tool)Bar", is a utility that can be installed in either Internet

Explorer or FireFox, allowing you to surf the web while still staying in touch with USB and it's members.

What does USBB let me do?
Here are but a few of the features which are included with USBB:

-Chat with other USBers
-Get notified when you receive new emails to your POP3, Yahoo!, Gmail, or Hotmail accounts.
-Get important updates for USB and the toolbar.
-Listen to internet radio
-Search the web and USB!
-Get up to date TV listings (currently outdated, coming back soon)

For more information, please refer to this image:

Features Coming Soon:

-Check your PMs via the toolbar
-Browse quickly between the forums of USB
-RSS feeds (allows for a broadcast of all USB news rather than just the important stuff)
-A less stretched logo (as I am sure you can see, the logo is a bit stretched in the toolbar)
-Threads of the Week Feed (access the TOTW from the toolbar!)

System Requirements
USBB requires the following:

* Microsoft Windows 2000/XP
    * Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0+ and/or FireFox 1.0.1+
    * 1Mb of hard-drive space.

Privacy Policy
No Spyware
USBB does NOT spy after the user and does not transfer any personally identifiable information such as a name or an email address, ensuring complete anonymity for users. URLs and search queries are NOT stored and are not transmitted to any third party.

When used, USBB sends the administrator unidentifiable statistics regarding usage of features. The statistics are completely anonymous and do not contain any personal identification. USBB does not match individual users with their specific web or toolbar usage and don't share the specifics with anybody. A user id is used solely for the purpose of offering the administrator with reliable status of USBB's active toolbar users (how many people are using USBB). This user id is not transmitted during any other use of the toolbar.

Uninstall
USBB is equipped with a straight-forward uninstaller which removes the toolbar from the system, which is can be accessed from the "Add/Remove Programs" utility provided in the "Control Panel" of Microsoft Windows.

Security
USBB does not allow access to users' computers. Moreover, the toolbar has been meticulously checked for software bugs, and is not known to create any "security holes" that can make it easier to other software or people to access your computer without permission.

Other software
The USBB installation package does not install any other software, except for the toolbar itself.

This toolbar is created by IceFox and is not associated with the USB staff. Neither IceFox nor USB are responsible for any harm caused by this (not likely to happen, but anythings possible)

If you need any assistance, reply to this thread and please do not PM me or email me about this. Keep it in this thread. Thank you. :)

If the download links above do not work, try here:
http://usbb.forumtoolbar.com/
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 09:25:53 pm by IceFox »

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing...USBB - The USB (tool)Bar!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 09:17:09 pm »
Update 1.01
Highlighter removed (annoying, useless as IE and FF already have the same thing, though better. The F3 key.)

For this update to take effect, you may need to restart your browser.

Error Watch 01
The search may display the logo of another toolbar called L.S.T (Lionhead Studios Toolbar). I do not know why this happening as this toolbar was made completely separate. It may also be on my end (I had this toolbar installed previously). Please report this error if you have it as well as any other errors and bugs you encounter. Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 09:27:21 pm by IceFox »

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 10:31:14 am »
WTF

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 02:09:04 pm »
yea we're kinda like WTF atm...not sure what to do with you...

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 02:11:23 pm »
yea we're kinda like WTF atm...not sure what to do with you...
I was bored. like. Out of my skull.

bub1028

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 06:58:37 am »
I'm using it, anyway.  Nice.