10 (76.9%)
Zune
0 (0%)
Both
0 (0%)
Neither
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Ipod vs. Zune  (Read 15273 times)

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
Ipod vs. Zune
« on: May 21, 2007, 04:31:19 pm »
Theres been some debate on buying the Apple Ipod or Microsoft's Zune.  What would you purchase and why?

I'm not too into the Ipod generation, but I would choose Ipod. The Zune could of been so cool, but Microsoft is so strict on what options you have to get music on your Zune.
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Re: Ipod vs. Zune
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 04:40:02 pm »
Neither. CreAtive Zen please :)

UltraSpongeyDude

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 06:17:07 pm »
While I do agree that Creative Zens seem to be much better then either option, im gonna say Zune. 

I really hate iPods.  They're over-priced MP3 players that have very outdated feature lists.  I mean, no radio? no voice recording? even cheap, $70 players have those features.  Honestly, they dont do anything revolutionary, they dont do anything different, and yet they cost just as much as players (such as the Creative Zen: Vision M and Zune) that have many more features then them.  Also, a lot of peple complain that Zune's WiFi capabilities are limited, but in the end not many other players have that ability, so you have to give them some credit for doing something different.

In my opinion, iPods are a rip-off.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 06:33:49 pm »
ipods aren't a rip off if you get one from their refurb site. you still get a full warranty and it's the current gen one :)

I'd much rather have something by sandisk anyday.

I've already taken the Creative path, and i'll NEVER EVER EVER GO THERE AGAIN!!! (unless its a sound card, and even then I'll look for a better replacement)

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 08:45:15 pm »
iPod, by far.

bub1028

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 12:54:28 pm »
iPod.  Released a while ago, compared to the Zune.  Microsoft needs to get some original ideas into their heads instead of just looking at Apple's highly successful product and making a replica of it. 

And I haven't noticed much price difference between the 2.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 04:31:01 pm »
Actually, the Zune's crappyness is its best selling point.  Since nobody wants to buy them, prices have bottomed out, and its currently selling at a point where its actually worth buying it.

Anyway, I'd have to go with a good solid neither.  Neither one plays FLACs :(
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 04:56:17 pm »
iPod.  Released a while ago, compared to the Zune.  Microsoft needs to get some original ideas into their heads instead of just looking at Apple's highly successful product and making a replica of it. 

It's an MP3 player with a hard drive in it...whats there to steal? :p

bub1028

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 06:30:52 pm »

An original design.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 06:50:25 pm »

An original design.
A square? Wow...real original?

bub1028

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 06:56:36 pm »

An original design.
I meant the fact that the click-wheel type object was something of a replica.  You can't honestly look at the Zune coming out X years after the iPod did and go "Wow, Microsoft must have thought of this all by themselves!  How creative!"  Especially since they just shipped their 100 millionth iPod or whatever.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 08:30:33 pm »

An original design.
I meant the fact that the click-wheel type object was something of a replica.  You can't honestly look at the Zune coming out X years after the iPod did and go "Wow, Microsoft must have thought of this all by themselves!  How creative!"  Especially since they just shipped their 100 millionth iPod or whatever.
The controls don't function the same. And no, Zune wasn't a ripoff. MP3 players had been around far before iPods, Microsoft (like many other companies) simply realized it was a market untapped by them.

bub1028

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 12:04:01 pm »

An original design.
The controls don't function the same. And no, Zune wasn't a ripoff. MP3 players had been around far before iPods, Microsoft (like many other companies) simply realized it was a market untapped by them.

They could have at least made an attempt to make it look a little different than an iPod... MP3's all looked like little rectangular prisms until the iPod came... and you're telling me Microsoft thought of that all on their own?  They could at least get their own original design.

SpongeBret Hartpants

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2007, 03:06:18 pm »
Ipod my Brother has one!

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2007, 04:04:20 pm »

An original design.

They could have at least made an attempt to make it look a little different than an iPod... MP3's all looked like little rectangular prisms until the iPod came... and you're telling me Microsoft thought of that all on their own?  They could at least get their own original design.
Then you best tell that to every other MP3 player companies. And notice how iPods are in like...their sixth generation or something and still look the same?