10 (76.9%)
Zune
0 (0%)
Both
0 (0%)
Neither
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Ipod vs. Zune  (Read 15274 times)

bub1028

Re: Ipod vs. Zune
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 06:08:33 pm »
iPod.  Released a while ago, compared to the Zune.  Microsoft needs to get some original ideas into their heads instead of just looking at Apple's highly successful product and making a replica of it. 

And I haven't noticed much price difference between the 2.
It's an MP3 player with a hard drive in it...whats there to steal? :p

An original design.
A square? Wow...real original?
I meant the fact that the click-wheel type object was something of a replica.  You can't honestly look at the Zune coming out X years after the iPod did and go "Wow, Microsoft must have thought of this all by themselves!  How creative!"  Especially since they just shipped their 100 millionth iPod or whatever.
The controls don't function the same. And no, Zune wasn't a ripoff. MP3 players had been around far before iPods, Microsoft (like many other companies) simply realized it was a market untapped by them.

They could have at least made an attempt to make it look a little different than an iPod... MP3's all looked like little rectangular prisms until the iPod came... and you're telling me Microsoft thought of that all on their own?  They could at least get their own original design.
Then you best tell that to every other MP3 player companies. And notice how iPods are in like...their sixth generation or something and still look the same?
*cough*iPhone...*cough*

And I do say that about other MP3 companies... this topic asked specifically about iPod and Zune, so I said that about the one I don't like... the Zune.  If a topic were made here about some other company, I would post the same about said company.

iPod's can look the same.  Apple doesn't need to beat itself.  But refer to my coughing fit above...  There's a hidden clue in it.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 06:37:32 pm »
Right...they kept the same shape and added touch screen technology, something used for years in products such as pocket pcs, blackberries, and the nintendo DS. The only change to the touch screen technology was the lack of finger prints, but even that is fairly old technology that Apple is simply making more public.

bub1028

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2007, 06:42:45 pm »
Again... Apple doesn't need to beat something amazing they already made.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2007, 10:29:07 am »
Ipods.. Even though mine is lost/stolen..

I'll be buying a 30g...
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty