Author Topic: Mario Is Missing  (Read 5839 times)

MiraclrPlz

Mario Is Missing
« on: September 23, 2004, 06:14:50 am »
This was a horrible, low budget game.  Mario getting kidnapped by Bowser?  Please.  Luigi's first time to the rescue.  But instead of traveling around the Mushroom Kingdom, he travled the world!  The REAL world!  It was educational---blah!!!  And when Luigi walked into an enemy, he'd fall down, but nothing would happen!  He never lost health!  He just kept walking, and you just kept reading.  I hate reading games.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Mario Is Missing
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 07:53:15 am »
Never played it but I would love too

Patricksquare Pants

Mario Is Missing
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 04:20:09 pm »
I Rented On The SNES And It Sucked.

Starr2k3

Mario Is Missing
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2004, 05:26:39 pm »
I might play it. Is it good?

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Mario Is Missing
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2004, 05:32:20 pm »
You changed your name.

Rabble

Mario Is Missing
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 05:36:32 pm »
You changed your name.
So?

I'm gonna downlaod The Rom and play it But my favorite SNES game Besids Earthbound is Looney toons Basket ball

foulpattie

Mario Is Missing
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 05:37:33 pm »
sounds like crap. I think i'll stay away from it.  

Rabble

Mario Is Missing
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2004, 05:39:55 pm »
sounds like crap. I think i'll stay away from it.
Don't Judge a game before you play it

foulpattie

Mario Is Missing
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2004, 05:41:28 pm »
the way MSP described it, it sounds really bad. Not every game with "mario" in the name is good.  

Rabble

Mario Is Missing
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2004, 05:46:29 pm »
the way MSP described it, it sounds really bad. Not every game with "mario" in the name is good.
Still not all games are diescisd by one person But i looked Many reviews for this game an it sucks review.

Mario+Education=Bad idea

Let me start simply by stating, skip the game.. now.. it blows. This game is a joke, and should not be considered part of the Mario series.

Ok.. on to the actual review.

Storyline: Your luigi out to save mario from the ''Evil'' king koopa, a seemingly harmless start. But it goes down hill from here, Koopa's sons stole things from around the world, and for some unknown reason, you have to get them first before you save mario. Why.. you ask.. because its an education game, and they want you to learn something (learning from a video game this bad.. HAH). So you go around the world getting stuff back and progressing through the stages until you finally rescue mario.

Graphics: The only thing i can say about the graphics is that they are there. They arent exactly horrendous, but the system certainly saw far better.

Gameplay: Pointless and boring comes to mind. You walk around for the first part (of every stage) trying to hop on goombas and koopas to get relics back, you cant die, so you can walk right through them, so why include enemies. Once you trace the artifact good old learning reers its ugly head. You have to answer a series of Multiple choice questions to return the artifact, which can be done by trial and error (when in real life the guy would say thank you very much and walk off with it) What happens if your wrong, do you die? NO.. NO Deaths. He says its a fake and you wait a minute to try again.. useless. Even the boss fights you cant die, one hit to one of the kids brings him/her down for the count, and you move onto the next boring set of stages.

Sound: Repetitive beeps and cheesy music, i could puke from the music alone, but the gameplay gets me there first. The only good thing i can say is the beeps and cheesy music beats the beeps and cheesy music of the first N.E.S. mario.

Replay: zero, none zilch, you beat this game and you have yourself a nice paperweight, or food for your trash can.

Rent/Buy: Why on EARTH would any sane man or women get this under there own free will is beyond me. This game is EVIL.. its educational, and poorly educational at that.

Educational value: Yet another thing to knock, this game is so stupid it cant even do what it was made for. The text is confusing, and you spend more time hunting down the pointless AI then you do learning (if you actually take note of the things in the game, i didnt)

Final comment: Nintendo, this game is a mistake, it was poorly done, boring, not fun, uneducational, probably pumped out at the last minute. If any time was put into this game AT ALL more then the five minutes of copying and pasting the stages from room to room.

Story: 0/10
Gameplay: 0/10
Graphics: 0/10
Rent/Buy Value: 0/10
Maximum Replay: Once per lifetime
Educational Value: 0/10
Sound: 0/10
Total: 1/10 (Gamefaqs requires a score of 1, otherwise its 0)

And anthor one

More like Gameplay is missing

don't know hat Nintendo was trying to achieve here. This game will make people hate Mario's brother. The name of this game would make you think it's great(you don't have to save the princess again). I like geography, but when I play video games I usually like to take a break from school work. Teachers are probably thrilled that this game was released, but I'm sure their students weren't.

Gameplay(3): Let's get right down to the meat of the game. The game is very repetitious. All you do is enter a town, attack a couple enemies to recover an artifact, and answer questions to return it to it's rightful place. The story is creative( a game that finally stars Luigi), but the gameplay is absent. You cannot die in this game, which lowers the aggravation factor for trying to complete the game, but it's to easy. For an educational game, it's mindless nonsense. The enemies can't attack you, and the ''bosses'' can't kill you. The reason bosses is in quotes is because it takes one hit to victimize them. Even Bowser has the feeble strength of an ordinary Koopa. When you get the item, and go to deliver, you have to answer 3 questions that you probably don't care to learn. And once you do that you get a real ''special'' picture with Mario and that artifact. I'd rather bash my head against the wall or eat rocks for the rest of my life than obtain this garbage of a prize.

Graphics(8): Not much is occurring so there's not much to score. Luigi looks like he came straight out of super Mario World. Backgrounds however look like I drew them(that's not a good thing by the way).

Control(10.9): Best control I've ever seen in a video game. Oh wait, you don't do much in this game. That explains the 10.9!

Sound(2): The music is mostly the same throughout the game. All the creator had to do was press same button on a synthesizer 100+ times. Not much happening in this category.

Replay/Extras(-1.11111111): Yeah that's a negative symbol. Why would you want to continue to play this game? Some things are interesting, but who really cares about the history of the Golden Gate bridge?

Mario's Time Machine was slightly more entertaining. Don't expect much from either of these two games, though. I hope Nintendo is running out of ideas. What's next? Mario's Teaches 2+2?

« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 05:51:43 pm by Evilspongee »

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Mario Is Missing
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2004, 06:47:56 pm »
You changed your name.
Spam.

I played it once in Missouri. It sucks. There's no challenge, and very unoriginal. 2/10

Starr2k3

Mario Is Missing
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2004, 06:49:02 pm »
You changed your name.
Spam.

I played it once in Missouri. It sucks. There's no challenge, and very unoriginal. 2/10
Ah, I will not get it then.

foulpattie

Mario Is Missing
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2004, 06:55:37 pm »
I'd love to download it sometime to see how bad it is. I'll look tommarow night.  

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Mario Is Missing
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2004, 06:57:11 pm »
You can't download it. It's an NES game.

foulpattie

Mario Is Missing
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2004, 07:02:21 pm »
I'll find a ROM.