Author Topic: Time Magazine Names George Bush Person Of The Year  (Read 21064 times)

Dragon Of Grief

Time Magazine Names George Bush Person Of The Year
« on: December 19, 2004, 06:22:36 pm »
Time magazine has honored President Bush for his efforts in the Iraqi war by naming him person of the year. He must not be doing that bad of a job if he was honored as person of the year. Would anyone beg to differ?

*waits for Kevin's response*

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 06:23:47 pm »
Wasn't Hitler named man of the year once?

Gideon Brown

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 06:36:30 pm »
Actually, yes he was. But that was long before he tried taking over. He WAS quite a genius.
Also, uhm Dragon of Grief, you do realize that Bush CAN control the media to a certain extent. And Time magazine is not exactly the most Liberal magazine..

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 06:38:04 pm »
Oh please. Just because it isn't liberal doesn't mean anything. THat's rediculous. And Bush is far from Hitler, Kevin. How can you even compare the two?

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 06:39:51 pm »
I wasn't comparing them. I was just saying it's not just about how good they are, it can be how popular they are.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2004, 06:41:17 pm »
Wow...even I don't agree with this and I voted for Bush

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 06:45:24 pm »
I wasn't comparing them. I was just saying it's not just about how good they are, it can be how popular they are.
[snapback]138060[/snapback]
Maybe it is because of his efforts in the Iraqi war? He has accomplished quite a bit. Especially with all of the Bush bashers constantly down his throat and critisizing everything he does.

Gideon Brown

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2004, 06:47:15 pm »
You know...just because a bunch of people hate him doesn't mean he isn't bad...Look at Courtney Love...she has courtney bashers...and let me ASSURE YOU that she ainn't no freaking innocent babe in the woods.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2004, 06:47:41 pm »
Maybe it is because of his efforts in the Iraqi war? He has accomplished quite a bit. Especially with all of the Bush bashers constantly down his throat and critisizing everything he does.
[snapback]138066[/snapback]

I won't get started on my opinions on Iraq, but still, he's responsible for the patriot act, and soon to be bans on homosexual marriages and abortion.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2004, 06:51:30 pm »
I still fail to see how banning gay marriages is a bad thing. You aren't gay, so why do you care? And I don't know enough about the patriot act but I would rather get that kind of info from another conservative. And banning abortions is a godsend.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 06:52:31 pm by Dragon Of Grief »

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2004, 07:05:45 pm »
I still fail to see how banning gay marriages is a bad thing. You aren't gay, so why do you care? .
[snapback]138073[/snapback]

Because if I wanted to be gay, I wouldn't be able to because some idiot religion decided everyone should follow their ways.

oscar_the_grouch

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2004, 07:06:19 pm »
I still fail to see how banning gay marriages is a bad thing. You aren't gay, so why do you care? And I don't know enough about the patriot act but I would rather get that kind of info from another conservative. And banning abortions is a godsend.

yes but bush isnt gay so why does he care? why does he want stop gays from getting married?

Paige
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 07:06:41 pm by oscar_the_grouch »

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2004, 07:06:58 pm »
Time Magazine bases thier choice for person of the year on how much they affected the world, hence Hitler recieving it once.  In 2001, they were planning to give it to Osama Bin Ladin, but due to an immense backlash, they awarded it to Rudy Guliani instead.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2004, 07:13:57 pm »

yes but bush isnt gay so why does he care? why does he want stop gays from getting married?

Paige
[snapback]138089[/snapback]
Because it's not RIGHT. It's filthy and disgusting. If they want to marry so badly go to Canada.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2004, 07:15:17 pm »
That is true; in 2001 Osama Bin Laden was nominated to win the prize because of how much he was in the news