Author Topic: The Immaculate Conception  (Read 8760 times)

MiraclrPlz

The Immaculate Conception
« on: March 25, 2005, 07:40:25 pm »
Immaculate Conception
THE DOCTRINE

In the Constitution Ineffabilis Deus of 8 December, 1854, Pius IX pronounced and defined that the Blessed Virgin Mary "in the first instance of her conception, by a singular privilege and grace granted by God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the human race, was preserved exempt from all stain of original sin."

"The Blessed Virgin Mary . . ." The subject of this immunity from original sin is the person of Mary at the moment of the creation of her soul and its infusion into her body.

". . .in the first instance of her conception . . ." The term conception does not mean the active or generative conception by her parents. Her body was formed in the womb of the mother, and the father had the usual share in its formation. The question does not concern the immaculateness of the generative activity of her parents. Neither does it concern the passive conception absolutely and simply (conceptio seminis carnis, inchoata), which, according to the order of nature, precedes the infusion of the rational soul. The person is truly conceived when the soul is created and infused into the body. Mary was preserved exempt from all stain of original sin at the first moment of her animation, and sanctifying grace was given to her before sin could have taken effect in her soul.

". . .was preserved exempt from all stain of original sin. . ." The formal active essence of original sin was not removed from her soul, as it is removed from others by baptism; it was excluded, it never was in her soul. Simultaneously with the exclusion of sin. The state of original sanctity, innocence, and justice, as opposed to original sin, was conferred upon her, by which gift every stain and fault, all depraved emotions, passions, and debilities, essentially pertaining to original sin, were excluded. But she was not made exempt from the temporal penalties of Adam -- from sorrow, bodily infirmities, and death.

". . .by a singular privilege and grace granted by God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the human race." The immunity from original sin was given to Mary by a singular exemption from a universal law through the same merits of Christ, by which other men are cleansed from sin by baptism. Mary needed the redeeming Saviour to obtain this exemption, and to be delivered from the universal necessity and debt (debitum) of being subject to original sin. The person of Mary, in consequence of her origin from Adam, should have been subject to sin, but, being the new Eve who was to be the mother of the new Adam, she was, by the eternal counsel of God and by the merits of Christ, withdrawn from the general law of original sin. Her redemption was the very masterpiece of Christ's redeeming wisdom. He is a greater redeemer who pays the debt that it may not be incurred than he who pays after it has fallen on the debtor.

Such is the meaning of the term "Immaculate Conception."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So the debate is, do you believe in the Dogma of the Immaculate Conception, that states The Blessed Mother, Mary, The Virgin Mother of Christ, was born without original sin?  And she was without sin throughout all of her life.  Roman Catholics have to believe it because it is Dogmatical, but some protestants believe in it too.

Eva:Gina

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 01:30:06 am »
well. that went completley over my head. but i can tell you ive been privy to some pretty immaculate INconceptions  :biggrin:

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 07:54:18 am »
So the debate is, do you believe in the Dogma of the Immaculate Conception, that states The Blessed Mother, Mary, The Virgin Mother of Christ, was born without original sin?  And she was without sin throughout all of her life.  Roman Catholics have to believe it because it is Dogmatical, but some protestants believe in it too.
[snapback]163789[/snapback]
I'm Catholic so indeed yes.

But MSP you are still blind to the fact that not everyone is Catholic.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 06:02:07 pm »
What SSS said, except for the "I'm Catholic" part.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 06:43:13 pm »
Ok, this went completely over my head... all I have to say is that originally Mary wasn't supposed to even get pregnant. Ok. I am outta here. I have nothing more to contribute.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 07:56:14 pm »
Mary wasn't sinless, she was a human being after all, she merely had favor in the Lord's eyes. The Bible never said she was perfect. Sometimes I just don't get you MSP.

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 08:22:20 pm »
So you don't get the world's one billion Catholics? sinless she was.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 08:22:45 pm by MiraclrPlz »

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 08:24:30 pm »
So you don't get the world's one billion Catholics? sinless she was.
[snapback]164611[/snapback]

I'd hate to break it to you, but not all of those 1 million Catholics truly believe in God. You have to factor in the people who don't actually believe in God, but say they do because it's the way they were brought up, and the people who are Catholic, because they fear they'll be outcasted by society if they show their atheism.

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 08:45:08 pm »
Actually, only 0.5 percent of Americans are atheists and 0.5% are agnostical.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 08:47:20 pm »
[snapback]164635[/snapback]

Do tell me where you get that number.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2005, 08:50:47 pm »
According to the CIA World Factbook, 10% of Americans have no religion, and I'm willing to bet that at least one third of "christians" don't actually practice christianity.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 09:03:05 pm »
[snapback]164635[/snapback]
we, someone has been brainwashed by religious proaganda.

i hate to think what it would be like spending my life reguritating somwones elses thoughts. never having to make my own up.

and i dont trust the CIA. i found out some pretty spooky things about them.
like they have an office in evey country, tho its cometely illegal.
i know where the nz/ auckland one is. they go under the guise of "christian city campus"

mmmmmmmmmmmm, conspiracy theories.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 09:04:52 pm by Eva:Gina »

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2005, 09:10:09 pm »
It was a CNN poll.  This country is 27% Catholic and around 50% protestant.  Islam is an incredibly small percentage in this country.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2005, 09:16:23 pm »
CNN polls are insanely inaccurate.

Anyway, regardless of whether the CIA is trustable, thier World Factbook is one of the most accurate sources for this sort of information.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2005, 09:31:13 pm »
U.S Religion Demographics:
Protestant: 56%
Roman Catholics 28%
Jewish 2%
Other 1%

Source: CIA World Factbook.

CNN polls are just questions, not a census.

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2005, 02:18:41 am »
this makes me too angry.
i have more to say, but i would jsut seriously insult someone. so im just gonna stop while im ahead.
aapreciatemy self control  :mellow:

Gideon Brown

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2005, 07:05:52 am »
My advice is to never trust polls. Studying marketing, I have learned it is quite easy to warp the data that they received. Like, oh, maybe leaving out people under 25. Or not putting in the votes of the blacks.

And in all honestly, unless they asked each and every American, they have no clue about percentages.

As for Catholics and Protestants who 'claim' they are Christian. I know a heck of a lot of them that aren't practicing Christians. Now while some do believe in God, but don't go to Church, most of them don't believe. And many Churchgoers, such as my grandmother, only go in case there really is a God, so that they won't go to heck. :|
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 07:06:35 am by Charliez Fallen Angel »

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2005, 01:04:27 pm »
Well most go because they love God.

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2005, 09:46:55 pm »
Well most go because they love God.
[snapback]164777[/snapback]
maybe where you are, but not in the rest of the world. most people attend through fear.
haha, funny. your gracious god instill fear to millions.

i dont see anything wrong with religion untilll people like you force their opinions on other people. your not "this is what i believe" your "im right, your wrong".
when the whole bible is contradictory, you can twist hte words to mean whatever your twisted little brain wants.

(i dont mean to insult all christians. i know that there are planty of un-corrupted religios people out htere :)  )