Who uses one?

I do.
10 (90.9%)
I don't.
1 (9.1%)
WTF is a wireles connection?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Wireless Network  (Read 8188 times)

Patrik

Re: Wireless Network
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2006, 08:39:18 pm »
lol...his terminoligies are close enough...

I have 5.2mbps and I'm capable of 54mbps. STUPID FLOORS!!!

Now that I have an extra router hanging around, wouldn't there be some way to send the connection through the 2 routers? There's no way the stupid wireless card that I have is able to send out a better signal than my Linksys router...
maybe, but probably not. you would have to change the router from behaving like an access point to behaving like a regular client. i have a DLInk Air-G card for my laptop that gets good signal through a few walls.

Oh, and fyi yall, the speed of the wireless network != speed of the internet. you will never get your internet connection as fast as your network connection because broadband in america sucks, the best you can do right now is 30Mbps from verizon. after that you need to start buying comercial services with SLA's and stuff.
Wait one more month, and that 30 will turn into a 60. Then we'll get it just as fast as that silly wireless nonsense :D

And the 10 into a 15

And most importantly:

My 5 into a 10 :D
Where did you get this info?

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2006, 05:53:40 am »
After having multiple problems with my phone lines after getting fios, I had one of the big guys for pitt come over to figure out what the problem was. He eventually found that we had a phone cord behind our wall that lead to nowhere, so we pulled it out, and sure enough, there was a hole in the cable where someone had shot a nail through.

When I was talking to him and asking why I was getting 5.2mbps download and not just 5 or lower, he replied that verizon was testing how much a slightly increased data rate would affect their services. I was like "ummm..why?" and he said that they planned on upgrading everyone soon for free if they could support it. His explanation was that "they hadn't run a good commercial against comcast in a while, and because comcast maxes out at 6mbps, they wanna have something, like a 10mbps base service, that will blow them out of the water.

And this guy came and did his work out of a business suit instead of work clothes btw....he was somethin special :D

carterhawk

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 12:26:48 am »
Some wi fi devices are supporting an turbo 104Mb mode, and when 802.11n gets ratified, the maximum speed will be over 500Mbps

bub1028

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2006, 04:39:46 pm »
Right now at this Comfort Inn hotel I'm on a wireless network.  Something like 400 KB/s or something, not sure I checked it right though.  And this isn't my computer.....

bub1028

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2006, 03:15:34 pm »
As much as I hate to brag... (and double post)... on this computer...

4.4 MBs/sec.  Awesome.  Pretty sweet.

CloneTrooperX

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2006, 03:29:53 pm »
Here's my results from the Speed Test.

Download Speed: 4033 kbps (504.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 294 kbps (36.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Starr2k3

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2006, 10:47:57 am »
6306 kbps down
545 kpbs up

gotta love wired.

ti89titanium

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2006, 05:42:16 pm »
It's so much more convenient. I can get on my PSP's internet from anywhere in the house!

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2006, 08:22:15 pm »
Both of my houses have them, but I don't use them.