Author Topic: Stupid Spyware Problem  (Read 2379 times)

Slof

Stupid Spyware Problem
« on: June 08, 2005, 07:53:04 am »
There's this thing that got into our computer from Direct Revenue called Buddy. And I can't delete it. I try right-clicking on the file name in My Computer and clicking delete, but a message pops up saying "Cannot delete rhddvaaafb: Access is denied." I read a post on a forum of someone saying they couldn't delete it the normal way too, so it's not just me. Right now Norton is scanning all of my files, but I don't know if it will pick this up, as it's just spyware, not a virus.

timstapels

Stupid Spyware Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 02:23:23 pm »
If it's just spyware then use a spyware protector programme to get rid of it. Theres a few good free ones around the web so just search around. I've got Spyware search and destroy or something like that.

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Stupid Spyware Problem
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 02:31:19 pm »
I use Spybot Seach and Destory, and I use Lavasoft's Ad-Aware SE Personal. If that doesn't work, you might want to take it to a computer place to see if they can fix it.
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Stupid Spyware Problem
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 03:04:39 pm »
There's this thing that got into our computer from Direct Revenue called Buddy. And I can't delete it. I try right-clicking on the file name in My Computer and clicking delete, but a message pops up saying "Cannot delete rhddvaaafb: Access is denied." I read a post on a forum of someone saying they couldn't delete it the normal way too, so it's not just me. Right now Norton is scanning all of my files, but I don't know if it will pick this up, as it's just spyware, not a virus.
[snapback]188735[/snapback]
Did you try to look in the "add/remove" program on your computer to see if you can delete it there?

If not, try Spybot: Search & Destroy or Microsoft Anti-Spyware

Slof

Stupid Spyware Problem
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 05:42:15 pm »
Yep, I tried Add and Remove. It isn't listed. And I downloaded Ad-aware, but that couldn't get it. :closedeyes: This is some tough spyware...

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Stupid Spyware Problem
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 05:42:50 pm »

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Stupid Spyware Problem
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 06:30:22 pm »
Look around wherever the program is installed and see if there's an uninstaller. If there is, be careful and read everything when uninstalling.