Author Topic: Yoshi's Island  (Read 3758 times)

MiraclrPlz

Yoshi's Island
« on: October 05, 2004, 06:42:45 am »
Yoshi's Island is a Super Nintendo game released in Japan on September 4, 1995. It was released in the US (with Super Mario World 2 attached to the title in an effort to boost sales, making the full title Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island) in October 1995. Later (in 2002) it was released as Super Mario Advance 3 for the Game Boy Advance.

The game uses the Super FX microchip to create scaling and polygon effects relatively advanced for an SNES game.

The first level of gameplay[edit]
Story
The story of this game is about Babies Mario and Luigi and Yoshi. Baby Bowser orders Kamek the Magikoopa to steal the babies, but he is only able to capture Luigi. He also captures the stork that was delivering the babies to their parents in the Mushroom Kingdom. Baby Bowser now wants Mario too. In this game Yoshi and his multicolored friends have to protect Baby Mario, rescue Baby Luigi and the stork from the clutches of Kamek the Magikoopa, and have the babies delivered to their parents. During gameplay enimies such as Shyguys must be defeated.

The second level of gameplay

[edit]
Graphics
The game's graphical style is said to have resulted from a conflict with Nintendo's internal evaluation committee; impressed by the recently released Donkey Kong Country which sported pre-rendered graphics, they ordered Miyamoto to move the visuals in this direction. Upset at this, Miyamoto instead altered the graphics to look as if they had been drawn with crayons and felt-pens and resubmitted it to the evaluation committee, who admitted their mistake and passed the game, sporting a juvenile look.

[edit]
Gameplay
There are 6 worlds in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. Worlds 1, 2, and 4 don't have particular themes, but world 3 has a jungle theme, world 5 has a snow theme and World 6 has a bone, fire etc. theme. In both Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island for SNES and the Super Mario Advance 3 version of the game, there is a stage before the players starts world 1 that the player must get through. In the Gameboy Advance version, if the player presses select, at the top of the screen it will say "World 0-0". In the SNES version, there are 9 stages in every world (including Extra stages) but in the Gameboy Advance version, 6 new stages were added to each world as "special" stages, making it 10 stages per world.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Yoshi's Island
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 11:53:07 am »
Old news is great MSP! Thanks for bringing back what we played a long time ago!

I played it alot when I was a kid. I beat it hundreds of times. I still have it. It pwnz.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Yoshi's Island
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 12:09:00 pm »
Indeed. I also own it (the cartridge and the gameplay). Excellent game.

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
Yoshi's Island
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 03:40:11 pm »
Never played it.

I use to play Super Nintendo at my friends house, but he didn't have many games.

Rabble

Yoshi's Island
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 05:11:09 pm »
played it beated it Its was awsome

MiraclrPlz

Yoshi's Island
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2004, 08:11:35 pm »
Old news is good news.  

GIR

Yoshi's Island
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2004, 11:34:17 am »
i never new that

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
Yoshi's Island
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2004, 08:52:13 am »
Never saw what, the game?

foulpattie

Yoshi's Island
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2004, 09:59:31 am »
I have it on my emulator. It's my favorite mario game.  

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Yoshi's Island
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2004, 09:26:56 pm »
Never played it.

I use to play Super Nintendo at my friends house, but he didn't have many games.
Same here.

Kirbyfan12345

Yoshi's Island
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2004, 07:05:41 pm »
I have the game on GBA. It's kinna cool.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2004, 07:05:56 pm by Kirbyfan12345 »

MiraclrPlz

Yoshi's Island
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2004, 07:43:53 pm »
KINDA?!  ::SHOCKED:: woah!!!  It's a magnificent masterpeice!

Rabble

Yoshi's Island
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2004, 08:36:04 pm »
I have it on my emulator. It's my favorite mario game.
I can only find Some Roms and Cherry Roms I really want kirby susperstar but its so hard to find >< where can you find one?