Author Topic: Gays Can't Give Blood.  (Read 25094 times)

Tweaky

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2004, 01:00:24 am »
Canada rules and I feel sorry for Americans.  Isn’t it interesting that while Canadians are quickly moving towards full marriage equality to all provinces instead of the four major provinces, America voted for Bush.  Mister “Sure a dictatorship would be easier… so long as I was the dictator” Bush?  Our two countries may have ‘born from the same mother’ but we seem to have gone our separate ways on some key social issues lately.

As a gay man I’m also insulted by the most gays have AIDS or will get AIDS cr@p.  I figure I won’t get much compassion for the millions that are dying of this horrible disease, but the fact that so many of you are scared of tainted blood and willing to discriminate because of that fear is appalling.  Repeat after me “Blood is thoroughly tested for diseases before a transfusion.” This sort of hysteria of AIDS infected blood is just the type of fear that republicans thrive on.  

<sarcasm> But y’know what I heard? I think the gays have weapons of mass destruction so you may wanna watch your farm in Kansas because they could be getting you next.  I also heard some people in the world are not white, straight or even Christian! </sarcasm>   :wacko:

Go back to the trailer from whence you came
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 01:31:19 am by Tweaky »

oscar_the_grouch

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2004, 03:53:23 am »
Canada rules and I feel sorry for Americans. Isn’t it interesting that while Canadians are quickly moving towards full marriage equality to all provinces instead of the four major provinces, America voted for Bush. Mister “Sure a dictatorship would be easier… so long as I was the dictator” Bush? Our two countries may have ‘born from the same mother’ but we seem to have gone our separate ways on some key social issues lately.

As a gay man I’m also insulted by the most gays have AIDS or will get AIDS cr@p. I figure I won’t get much compassion for the millions that are dying of this horrible disease, but the fact that so many of you are scared of tainted blood and willing to discriminate because of that fear is appalling. Repeat after me “Blood is thoroughly tested for diseases before a transfusion.” This sort of hysteria of AIDS infected blood is just the type of fear that republicans thrive on.

<sarcasm> But y’know what I heard? I think the gays have weapons of mass destruction so you may wanna watch your farm in Kansas because they could be getting you next. I also heard some people in the world are not white, straight or even Christian! </sarcasm>   :wacko:

Go back to the trailer from whence you came

i guess this topic kind of hit you wear it hurt. i have to agree america and canada are two very different countries. im glad i live in canada :biggrin: no offense to all the amiercans.

Paige

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2004, 07:50:37 pm »
It's a seemingly rediculous precaution, but the Red Cross has a lot of them.  You can't give blood if you've visited certain countries.  List of requirements to give blood
[snapback]132908[/snapback]

Well, would you like to have a parasite living in any blood that was given to you through the red cross?? These precautions are not pointless. I agree with them. People who need blood transfusions have health problems already. People with tattoos cant give blood either. I'll get my picket signs...

Alain2k5

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2004, 10:58:23 am »
.. Do and HIV test first.. Not all gays have AIDS.