Author Topic: 100 Greatest Americans  (Read 10108 times)

Kenny Blankenship

100 Greatest Americans
« on: May 26, 2005, 06:57:53 am »
Note: I'm pretty sure that this topic will go downhill quite fast, but the list is so offensively bad, that I had to share it.

Anyway, the Discovery Channel apparently compiled a 100 Greatest Americans list (click here), and man... I thought some of those VH1 lists were bad.  This one takes the cake.  See for yourself how bad it is, but here are some names that made the list that have no business being there...

Laura Bush?
Tom Cruise?
Michael Moore?
John Edwards?
Pat Tillman?
Donald Trump?
Rush Limbaugh?
Martha Stewart?
Barack Obama?
Hugh Hefner?
Dr. Phil? (Wait..... what?)
Brett Favre?
Brett Favre?
BRETT FAVRE?!?!?!

Ahem... sorry.  It's just that this list is about as bad as it gets.  If I had more time, I'd come up with more deserving names, but I don't, so I won't.  I don't know how Bob Dylan got shafted in favor of Pat Tillman, though...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 07:02:26 am by Kenny Blankenship »

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 06:58:59 am »
I can understand Michael Moore & Donald Trump being there. But after what Martha Stewart has done, she shouldnt be on there.

Jackie-Boy

100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 07:53:36 am »
Why the crap is The Donald on there? He doesn't deserve to be associated with all those lowlifes! He is THE greatest American.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 07:58:22 am by Jackie-Boy »

Offline Spider-Boogie

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://allyour.basearebelongto.us/setting-up/bombs.html
100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 08:04:26 am »
Well, people like Neil Armstrong, Alexander Graham Bell, Bill Cosby and Henry Ford belong on there, but some of them obviously don't.

I don't know how Bob Dylan got shafted in favor of Pat Tillman, though...

Exactly.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 08:05:15 am by Spider-Boogie »
April Fool: I'm the April Fool. What's up with that?
Timmy: It's official, this guy sucks. I wish he was somewhere else!
*Poof!*
Timmy: Where'd you guys poof him to?
*Both fairies give evil smiles*
April Fool: I never asked for this!
Jorgen: Shut up, or I'll have Chuck Norris roundhouse kick you in the face again!

Rachel is my USB wife <3
Vicky is also my USB wife <3

Elizabeth Rose

100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 09:08:54 am »
What's that? Where is Sean Hannity? Psh, I don't care for lists.

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 10:31:23 am »
Well, people like Neil Armstrong, Alexander Graham Bell, Bill Cosby and Henry Ford belong on there, but some of them obviously don't.

I don't know how Bob Dylan got shafted in favor of Pat Tillman, though...

Exactly.
[snapback]182242[/snapback]

I think Ford was Irish.  :ph34r:
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

Sheldon J. Plankton

100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 12:04:03 pm »
Note: I'm pretty sure that this topic will go downhill quite fast, but the list is so offensively bad, that I had to share it.

Anyway, the Discovery Channel apparently compiled a 100 Greatest Americans list (click here), and man... I thought some of those VH1 lists were bad.  This one takes the cake.  See for yourself how bad it is, but here are some names that made the list that have no business being there...

Laura Bush?
Tom Cruise?
Michael Moore?
John Edwards?
Pat Tillman?
Donald Trump?
Rush Limbaugh?
Martha Stewart?
Barack Obama?
Hugh Hefner?
Dr. Phil? (Wait..... what?)
Brett Favre?
Brett Favre?
BRETT FAVRE?!?!?!

Ahem... sorry.  It's just that this list is about as bad as it gets.  If I had more time, I'd come up with more deserving names, but I don't, so I won't.  I don't know how Bob Dylan got shafted in favor of Pat Tillman, though...
[snapback]182236[/snapback]

Michael Moore, Donald Trump, and John Edwards all deserve to be there but LAURA BUSH (the most pain in the as* first lady ever), RUSH LIMBAUGH, MARTH STEWART, DR. PHIL... (and by far weirdest of all) TOM CRUISE, explain to me how in the world Tom Cruise is a great American, I'm a better American than he is (and believe me tat's not saying much), whoever made up this list, with the exception of the 3 exceptions I made above, had better look into these people some more.

Alright, I just clicked the hyperlink and read the full list, the full was a little better, it had a couple good people on it like Thomas Edison and Henrey Ford (and Albert Einstein, but as much as I like him he wasn't American really), but Condeleeza Rice, COME ON! Now if George W. Bush is on there I will think these people are insane, I'll check...

EEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK! Bush is one here! What kind of idiots are these people!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 12:07:28 pm by Sheldon J. Plankton »

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 01:07:45 pm »
I think the people who are protecting our country and fighting this war for us should be the whole 100.

Squirrel Goddess

100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 01:43:44 pm »

Dr. Phil??!! Are they serous?! What has he done besides help psyco people?

super_sayian_spongebob

100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 02:24:29 pm »
Now one person on that list that shouldn't be there 100% is...Micheal Jackson.  
He shouldnt' be there, after all he might have did that to one little boy, he shouldn't be there at all.

Chrono

100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2005, 03:57:21 pm »
Donald Trump maybe, but the rest aren't that worthy.
Also, if I change my last name to Favre, will you kill me Kenny B?

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2005, 04:10:56 pm »
You forgot one: Madonna, how is she be one of the greatest Americans? She pretends to be British. Arnold Schwarzenegger, he's one of the worst govoernors in the country. I heard the countistion could be changed just so he could run for president.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2005, 04:45:49 pm »
Oh man, they forgot one: me.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2005, 05:29:18 pm »
Brett Favre is an american icon.  He will go down as one of the best quarterbacks ever.  He deserves to be on there.  

Michael Moore doesn't deserve to be on there either.

Donald Trump would sell his soul to a foreign country if they offered him enough money.

Kenny Blankenship

100 Greatest Americans
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2005, 05:35:06 pm »
Brett Favre is an american icon.  He will go down as one of the best quarterbacks ever.  He deserves to be on there. 
[snapback]182447[/snapback]

Sorry, but no he doesn't.  He's a great QB, for sure, but not one of the 100 Greatest Americans ever.  Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana, and John Elway were all (in my opinion) more important than Favre, yet their names aren't on the list.  They probably only put him on the list to ::Dolphin Noise:: me off...