Author Topic: Public Censorship  (Read 9099 times)

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Public Censorship
« on: May 26, 2005, 04:18:29 pm »
Do you believe TV/Movies/Music should have censorship? Why or why not?

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Public Censorship
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 04:23:10 pm »
No, censorship has gone way overboard. Everyone freaked out over Janet Jackson, yet it wasn't that big of a deal. It was seen for a second, and for allot of people that's not even enough time for some people to regitster it's a breast. Anyway people freak out over people saying a$$, on T.V.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Public Censorship
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 04:33:21 pm »
I think there should be some censorship, but only for, let's say, things like drugs and really violent things like shootings and all that jazz. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with words, or the human body. So I don't see why all the censorship we have in America is even necessary. I remember seeing a story on the news a week or so ago where parents were trying to take a children's book about gay people out of the public library. I personally don't see anything wrong with children being educated on this. Do you? Oh, and someone like MSP, don't even bother replying to this. I'm not trying to flame, I just don't want this to turn into a huge religious debate.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Public Censorship
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 01:04:20 am »
No, the only censorship should be on KIDS CHANNELS and KIDS MOVIES.
Otherwise, why should origional ADULT material be censored?
Stupid kids, lookin at channels they shouldn't.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline Chongster

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • ^ George ^
    • View Profile
    • www.simon-chong.co.uk
Public Censorship
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 03:02:47 am »
i think cencorship is a good idea, i mean, withoutit, a 6 year old kid could stroll staight in to see a horror film rated 18 (which they will probably see as soon as it comes out on dvd or something anyway) Its really suprised me that the first lord of the rings in the uk was a PG, (i think we have diffrent age ratings here in the uk it goes U = suitable for all, PG = parental guidance, but kids can still see it, then it goes 12a = kids alowed with people over twelve acompanying them, then 12 = 12 and over, 15 = 15 and over,  18 = 18 and over.

I'd say LOTR the first one anyway had some bits that just werent suitable for younger kids. Ah well.

Anyway, i think its a good idea, its there to protect people at the end of the day, and i do believe they have become MUCH more leanient on films now, the first terminator film was an 18, now the 3rd one is a 12!!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 03:03:49 am by chongster »

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Public Censorship
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 06:53:47 am »
No, the only censorship should be on KIDS CHANNELS and KIDS MOVIES.
Otherwise, why should origional ADULT material be censored?
Stupid kids, lookin at channels they shouldn't.
[snapback]182653[/snapback]
If their parents let them watch it, it shouldnt be their fault ^_^

Gideon Brown

Public Censorship
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 08:29:11 am »
If they're gonna put censorship on movies and shows, then they should definitely put censorship on the news. Look at the cartoons today, they're all mild compared to say...oh I don't know...ren and stimpy...my FATHER watched that as a kid.

edso

Public Censorship
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 08:31:30 am »
I have encore. No censoring. :D

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Public Censorship
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005, 08:37:55 am »
I think there should be censoring, but only on certain channels. You should be able to choose whether you want all of your channels censored or not censored, that or every channel should have a censored and uncensored version of itself playing at all times.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 08:38:06 am by GrEeNdAyFrEaK »

Elizabeth Rose

Public Censorship
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 08:57:12 am »
Yes, I'm all for it otherwise children can be corrupted by seeing things they shouldn't see. There are uncensored channels you can have via sattelite, and maybe even cable. If you want to see and/or hear certain things, watch those channels.

Sheldon J. Plankton

Public Censorship
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2005, 02:09:57 pm »
No, people should be aloud to say whatever they want without it being controlled, and if parents don't want their kids watching this stuff, then just don't let them watch TV late at night, I don't believe in censorship.

timstapels

Public Censorship
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2005, 03:01:17 pm »
Yeah, censorship is great. Kids could see some things that they(or the parents) don't want to see.

Eva:Gina

Public Censorship
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2005, 04:09:03 pm »
no censorship
i mean, for litte kiddies and stuff, yeah, but after a certain age people should be big enough to  make their own choices.

and hey Gideon Brown, there is nothing wrong with rena nd stimpy, i was raised on that show!!
twas the reason i first started loving cartoons.

it may be a little odd, but a normal child shouldnt be able to understand any adult jokes anyways, the simpsons is way worse, cow and chicken animaniacs were quite bad as well.
i have never watched a whole show of cow and chicken, it makes me feel dirty.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Public Censorship
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2005, 04:13:04 pm »
I loved Cow and Chicken that was a great show. Yes some of the humor is gross and had double  meanings. Some had sexual meanings.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Eva:Gina

Public Censorship
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2005, 04:16:06 pm »
yeah, it was really popular, and i did find some peices ok, but i dunno, i just couldnt watch it.
i spose some ppl feel the same way about ren and stimpy, but man, i love that show.  thinking about it gives me the warm fuzzies :D