Author Topic: Do you believe in Purgatory?  (Read 14552 times)

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
Do you believe in Purgatory?
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2005, 02:19:33 pm »
some parts of me believe, and other parts of me have a little doubt. i dont know. i feel like heave/h3ll does exist, but thats only wen i go to church, which isnt very often.
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Eva:Gina

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2005, 04:30:32 pm »
But you see, animals don't have a soul. Only humans do.
[snapback]184796[/snapback]
I dont believe that for a second. i know plenty of animals who have omre soul than humans

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2005, 09:01:17 pm »
I believe in purgatory. I believe that humans that don't die in a state of mortal sin go there and suffer for the many sins they've done, but it's also a second chance. It saves a soul from |)amnation for a price.

Sorry for the weird D. It would have bleeped it out.  :mellow:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 09:05:04 pm by Fink »

SpongeBass GuitarPants

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2005, 02:36:23 pm »
pugatory seems to be more of an islamic beleif that every one will eventually go to their heaven.

Purgatory is not real, nothing is said about it in the Bible and the bible says that upen breathing your last breath of life you take your next breath in in either Heaven or Hell, some think that you go to "pugatory" if you are not baptized, this is not true, Jesus said that he was the one way to God, not baptizm, if you go to heaven just by being baptized Jesus sure went through a lot of trouble to come to earth and suffer an eventually die to save us. Their were two thgieves that were crucified with Jesus. One cursed him and mocked him, the other had not been baptized and excepted Jesus as Lord and Jesus said that when the man died he would enter Heaven, not "purgatory." When you die you are either going to Heaven or Hell, If you beleive in Christ as your Lord and Savior, you going to Heaven. If you don't, your blood be on your own hands.

It's the truth wether you like it or not, I'll be happy to post a few bible verses to back me up.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 02:37:43 pm by SpongeBass GuitarPants »

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2005, 03:36:02 pm »
Spongebass, stop bumping old topics...this too is 2 months old...you need to stop replying to old topics.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2005, 06:25:55 pm »
He can if he wants to add something important.
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

SpongeBass GuitarPants

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2005, 07:19:25 pm »
I didn't realize it was so old, I haven't been in for a while. :happy:

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2005, 07:53:52 pm »
pugatory seems to be more of an islamic beleif that every one will eventually go to their heaven.

Purgatory is not real, nothing is said about it in the Bible and the bible says that upen breathing your last breath of life you take your next breath in in either Heaven or Hell, some think that you go to "pugatory" if you are not baptized, this is not true, Jesus said that he was the one way to God, not baptizm, if you go to heaven just by being baptized Jesus sure went through a lot of trouble to come to earth and suffer an eventually die to save us. Their were two thgieves that were crucified with Jesus. One cursed him and mocked him, the other had not been baptized and excepted Jesus as Lord and Jesus said that when the man died he would enter Heaven, not "purgatory." When you die you are either going to Heaven or Hell, If you beleive in Christ as your Lord and Savior, you going to Heaven. If you don't, your blood be on your own hands.

It's the truth wether you like it or not, I'll be happy to post a few bible verses to back me up.
[snapback]222495[/snapback]

Well, if that's "the truth", you don't really have a choice of going to Hell or not. It says somewhere in the Bible that nothing impure will enter the gates of Heaven. So what happens then? I mean, no one is perfect, no one can really go straight to Heaven when they die, we all die as sinners. I believe in purgatory as a way of a second chance. I know I already stated this, but it's just going to back up what I have to say.  The way I believe you can go straight to Hell on the otherhand, is like I said: to die in a mortal sin knowing you've done it against God's will.

Now I'm not shoving this down anyone's throat, so don't accuse me of this. I don't know if you're protestant, atheist, whatever, but this is what I believe. You don't have to agree with it or take it the wrong way.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2005, 02:15:22 am »
Now I'm not shoving this down anyone's throat, so don't accuse me of this. I don't know if you're protestant, atheist, whatever, but this is what I believe. You don't have to agree with it or take it the wrong way.
[snapback]222936[/snapback]

That's good, just don't do what Spongebass and Miriclplz did.....smash other peoples beleifs and force your own religion onto others.
Otherwise we could have another flame war.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

jojobird

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2005, 01:04:45 pm »
I think it may be true because if there is just Heaven and Hell, what would happen to the people who just committed a few bad sins? Yes we are all sinners, but purgatory is a place to confess. Think of it as "Standing at the gate of Heaven."

SpongeBass GuitarPants

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2005, 02:16:59 pm »
I'm not trying to smash other peoples beleifs and there is no way I can Change them, I am just saying what I know is the truth.   :happy:

Fink, Yes we are born and die sinners, but if Jesus is our lord and savior, are pat present and future sins are forgiven. God did say that nothing imoure can enter the gates of heaven, but because we have Jesus and our sins are forgiven, we can enter heaven because we are no longer impure. :happy:

I'm not flameing anyone. :happy:

« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 02:18:57 pm by SpongeBass GuitarPants »

jojobird

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2005, 02:21:25 pm »
I'm not trying to smash other peoples beleifs and there is no way I can Change them, I am just saying what I know is the truth.   :happy:

Fink, Yes we are born and die sinners, but if Jesus is our lord and savior, are pat present and future sins are forgiven. God did say that nothing imoure can enter the gates of heaven, but because we have Jesus and our sins are forgiven, we can enter heaven because we are no longer impure. :happy:

I'm not flameing anyone. :happy:
[snapback]223545[/snapback]
That kind of makes sense.

GIR

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2005, 02:40:04 pm »
Nope. Heaven and Hell. No inbetween.
[snapback]183090[/snapback]
I'm with the sean-man.

SpongeBass GuitarPants

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2005, 02:46:22 pm »