Author Topic: Jail  (Read 7712 times)

UltraSpongeyDude

Jail
« on: July 05, 2005, 02:51:45 pm »
I dont really think so. I mean, sure the criminals will probably hate it. But when they get out, whats stopping them from commiting more crimes? They could go to jail again, but then they'll get out and do more crimes! Life sentences are pretty rare now, so it's only a matter of time before criminals get out again!

What do you think? :ph34r:

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Jail
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 02:53:10 pm »
What would we do with criminals without some type of jail? Surely we wouldn't do as other countries and chop their hand off...

Chrono

Jail
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 02:56:27 pm »
Well a lot of criminals get life sentences so they can't get out at all or at least for a very long time, and some can get them for over 20 years. You're safe for 20 years from that person. Decides, some might change.

lil_angel911

Jail
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 04:08:16 pm »
thts true...u will be safe when the person's in jail but its not always guarenteed tht the person will change...they culd remain the same or get worse...

Offline Chongster

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • ^ George ^
    • View Profile
    • www.simon-chong.co.uk
Jail
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 04:38:28 pm »
I dont know if any of you have seen the Shawshank redemption, (its a great movie...SEE IT), but in that i realised somethin gi'd never thought of. Somea guy  in jail in the movie had been there for so long, he had just adjusted to being in there, and when he was released, he couldnt adjust back into civilian, so he kills himself. I just thougth that was an interesting perspective from people who have actually served long time in jail.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Jail
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 07:50:51 pm »
Jail only works for the people who care about getting out.

Eva:Gina

Jail
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 10:19:41 pm »
jail would work if they actualy tried to reabilitate ppl.
but htey dont,t hey jsut shove them in and let them out. they come out worse than they were before

lil`Sara

Jail
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 11:26:19 am »
I dont know if any of you have seen the Shawshank redemption, (its a great movie...SEE IT), but in that i realised somethin gi'd never thought of. Somea guy  in jail in the movie had been there for so long, he had just adjusted to being in there, and when he was released, he couldnt adjust back into civilian, so he kills himself. I just thougth that was an interesting perspective from people who have actually served long time in jail.
[snapback]202034[/snapback]
that is almost EXACTLY what happened to someone in the jail my grandma worked at. She got so used to being in jail, that everyone there became like a makeshift family for her, especially when her REAL family stopped coming. So when she got out, she didnt know where to go, and her routine was all messed up, so she commited whatever crime she did the first time and got sentenced to go back to jail again.

Spongefan123

Jail
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 11:36:16 am »
I think when they throw 'em in jail, after thier time is done, it just makes them madder, so that gives them a reason to rob more banks or kill more people.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Jail
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 01:16:59 pm »
One word: Yes.
It WILL and DOES work if the proper sentance is given, and if bails have been shunned apon.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Sheldon J. Plankton

Jail
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 01:22:52 pm »
It's better than the Death Penalty in my books.

weird_4

Jail
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 09:22:04 am »
I think jail is good for criminals because they wouldn't be able to escape from jail.

sponge monkey100

Jail
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005, 09:33:20 am »
What would we do with criminals without some type of jail? Surely we wouldn't do as other countries and chop their hand off...
[snapback]201963[/snapback]
chopping others peoples hand off wouldn't be the right thing to do but then again it might if people commit a crime and get caught chopping their hands off would kinda be a good thing because if they don't they will put them in jail for somewhat time and then get out and do it all over againand again and again.criminals will always be crimnalsno matter whatt they stiil are bad at heart and always will be!so cutting their hands off will mean not that many crimes unless they learn to use their feet as hands like monkeys do!

Rabble

Jail
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2005, 10:03:04 am »
Take a bad boy and put him in jail. In A few years you turned a bad boy into a good boy.

sponge monkey100

Jail
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2005, 10:31:57 am »
Take a bad boy and put him in jail. In A few years you turned a bad boy into a good boy.
[snapback]216555[/snapback]
that does not always work