Author Topic: Jail  (Read 7713 times)

Elizabeth Rose

Jail
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2005, 10:51:09 am »
What would we do with criminals without some type of jail? Surely we wouldn't do as other countries and chop their hand off...
[snapback]201963[/snapback]
I agree, but I can at least say the cut-off-hand method certainly does work. :blink:

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Jail
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2005, 10:54:44 am »
I'd rather we move to the same punishment as places like Singapore:

You're sentenced to lashings with a bamboo pole, and if you pass out before your lashings are done, they wait for you to wake up and then continue.

Eventually, people will stop doing stuff.  It's why Singapore has the lowest crime rate in the world.

Amsalp

Jail
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2005, 11:48:04 am »
I think jail only works on people who commit crimes. When you put an innocent person in jail because they didn't do anything, once the get out of jail they'll definatley become a criminal and commit real crimes. I wouldn't be brininging this up until I found out from a local police officer a few days ago that 9 out of every 10 suspects of crime are actually innocent.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Jail
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2005, 12:25:27 pm »
9 out of every 10 suspects of crime are actually innocent.
[snapback]216597[/snapback]

You know why?  Because most of the time one person committed the crime...and since one person did it...one person is guilty.  So 9 out of 10 being innocent isn't a big deal.  Good job ruining your point :)

Lil Loco

Jail
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2005, 03:10:00 pm »
Hahahah, good point.