Author Topic: The end of the world, as we know it.  (Read 17794 times)

Dragon Of Grief

The end of the world, as we know it.
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2005, 09:35:47 am »
Wanna know what I say? I think we all need to find more efficient sources of fuel like solar, water, etc... the oil is starting to run dry. What then? What happens when everything we rely on is gone one day? Hmm? What then? Guess we will be screwed... this is why we need to find more earth friendly, efficient fuel sources before it is too late.

oscar_the_grouch

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2005, 01:12:31 pm »
No, we DO need to worry and think about it.
Global warming will be our doom, if not ourselves, so we need to pay attention to that and SORT IT OUT. :dry:

I don't think people should concern themselves too much with the future, but you are right. Global Warming will be our end if we do not put a stop to what we started.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2005, 01:16:44 pm »
Global warming will be our doom, if not ourselves, so we need to pay attention to that and SORT IT OUT. :dry:

I don't think people should concern themselves too much with the future, but you are right. Global Warming will be our end if we do not put a stop to what we started.
[snapback]234596[/snapback]
I agree, although global warming probably won't affect us drasticly during our life times, but if we don't stop it. Global warming will effect our grandchildren. OUR generation needs to be the one who needs to reduce our independence on oil, using better forms of energy, and polluting much less. When I get older if I can move to an inner city area I will, so I can have easier acess to places without cars, and not need a car for everytrip.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2005, 01:45:28 pm »

[snapback]234596[/snapback]
I agree, although global warming probably won't affect us drasticly during our life times, but if we don't stop it. Global warming will effect our grandchildren. OUR generation needs to be the one who needs to reduce our independence on oil, using better forms of energy, and polluting much less. When I get older if I can move to an inner city area I will, so I can have easier acess to places without cars, and not need a car for everytrip.
[snapback]234602[/snapback]

The government won't go to build solar power stations and wind farms, they cost a lot of money, and they will not pay alot of money to sort it out.
Little do they know, that when oil runs out, they will have to pay MORE money to research into other forms of using coal and other things...since it is unlikely they will research earth-friendly methods.

I know you probably don't want hear about it, but if you want evidence as to how fast and dangerously our climate is changing due to global warming:

1) The twister that struck Birmingham in the UK was the strongest tornado in the cities history.
2) Hurricane Katrina cause absolute devistation, it's strenght was doubled due to the sea's power.
3) Winters are ALOT milder.
4) Floods have risen by 5% since they where years ago.
6) Forests are disapearing (not all are cut down) since they cannot adapt to the quick change.
7) Exotic animals, plants and insects are moving further up north of the equater.

And I am sure there is alot more stuff to say about the effects of climate change, but I can't remember them all.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2005, 02:43:23 pm »
I think that we need to start figuring out what we're going to do, and put more energy into it. We don't have to spend millions upon millions of dollars right away-- the research and development can be gradual so when we really do need to rely on other ways of power we can be ready.

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2005, 02:48:24 pm »
Why hasn't this gotten Threads of the Week?

A great debate on all accounts. No name calling or anything, Good job, guys. :D

Banana

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2005, 02:50:24 pm »
Why hasn't this gotten Threads of the Week?

A great debate on all accounts. No name calling or anything, Good job, guys. :D
[snapback]234684[/snapback]

stfu fag.  It hasn't gotton on threads of the weeks because it's ridden with your lame opinions.  choke yourself.

[/sarcasm]

-Banana

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2005, 02:51:53 pm »
Oh yeah? You're dumb!

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2005, 03:24:21 pm »
OFF-TOPIC!!!! *murders an innocent bystander and then throws the corpse at Banana and jack* Back on topic NOW! Or do I have to kill another innocent bystander?

I agree, hannah, but we should be putting more effort into building more wind farms and solar power stations now.
Just enough to reduce the pollution output by about 5%.
America alone produces 20% of the worlds pollution.

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2005, 03:34:23 am »
OFF-TOPIC!!!! *murders an innocent bystander and then throws the corpse at Banana and jack* Back on topic NOW! Or do I have to kill another innocent bystander?

I agree, hannah, but we should be putting more effort into building more wind farms and solar power stations now.
[snapback]234766[/snapback]

Sorry ma'am. :<

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2005, 12:13:16 pm »

[snapback]234766[/snapback]
We do need to put more effort into Wind farms, and solar power, but we need to look for other sources of power for areas that can't harnes wind and solar power, in Ohio wind is uselss because it's not windy 90% of the time, and it's cloudy allot so solar wouldn't be the best here. We could probably use hydrogen for power, as well as nuclear fussion. Fussion power is different from normal nuclear power because it does not melt down.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Lil Loco

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2005, 12:16:16 pm »
fussion and hydrogen power are probly sum of the most expensive power sourcez...but yea, they're probly the best.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2005, 12:17:17 am »
Hydrogen is alot cheaper than Nucular Fussion, but Nucular Fussion is infact better than normal Nucular powers....since it produces LESS waste.
It's a good idea Rocko, but places in Africa could heavily benefit from Solar Powers, France and most of Europe could use wind power or even hydroelectric power and the heavy pollution areas (USA, China, Japan) could use Nucular Fussion and Hydrogen power.
In Japan, they have already invented a car that runs on human waste, so it's on step to finding a new source of fuel.

Lil Loco

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2005, 07:31:28 am »
it runz on wut...?

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2005, 12:07:39 pm »
The world isn't going to end until to sun becomes a red giant and engulfes us, which will be in about 5 billion years.
[snapback]230403[/snapback]

I actually heard from a couple teachers 3 years ago that they read an article saying that this was plausible within the next 500,000 years.

Personally, I never think of this kind of stuff. Whether my life ends or the world ends, something will most definently come to an end. Both involve me. Therefore I am doomed/blessed to end. YaY!

For the time being, I will praise the Lord and eat lots of muenster cheese and drink lots of pineapple soda.

*weeeeeee*

EDIT: Someone in Britain I believe produced a car that runs on dead cats. Saw it on reddit.com. They said that they've run it without a problem for 35000 miles already. BTW, 20 cats makes 11 gallons of useable fuel. Cost? 22cents a gallon.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 12:10:09 pm by +_VulturEMaN_ »