Author Topic: Everyone is leaving  (Read 17727 times)

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Everyone is leaving
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2005, 06:24:07 pm »
I don't understand the concept of leaving.

Maybe it's cause I grew up with cmonkey. The thought just never occured to me. Why would you leave a place? If it's getting slower, then help it out! Stop complaining about how bad it is and do something. PM cmonkey with your good ideas and stop moaning. I'll find something todo, whether it be a mod (lol better ask rav now) or watch irc or do something else.

EDIT: teeheehee....panties...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 06:26:38 pm by +_VulturEMaN_ »

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Everyone is leaving
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2005, 06:28:22 pm »
I might go on a roadtrip across America when I'm in college, during the summer. So don't be schocked if you see some poor college student driving a Jeep showing up on your doorstep!:D :P
[snapback]234997[/snapback]

Wow me too. In a little less than 2 years I am going to be touring Canada/United States

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Everyone is leaving
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2005, 06:38:15 pm »
gonna road from pitt to nyc, nyc to miami, miami to san antonio, and san antonio back to pitt.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Everyone is leaving
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2005, 12:07:42 am »
Wow...we really have strayed off-topic here. That's one thing that needs sorting out.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

spongebuddie

Everyone is leaving
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2005, 04:08:49 am »
i kno right?? lol

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Everyone is leaving
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2005, 04:22:18 am »
*officially back on topic*

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Everyone is leaving
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2005, 08:19:23 am »
I've been saying this for months and I did leave for 3 months when I moved, but these forums have been going downhill and I've spoken to the other mods about it. They agree, but trends and groups are too much like high school. I know that most of you are still in school, but C'mon, its a messageboard and this is the only forum I belong to that is doing this. People say "try harder to fit in" well, why should WE have to fit in with some group? Its not unity.. The fact that I decided to make another family and had people say stuff to the point were I just closed it was out of hand. These groups arent making an improvement at all...

I've noticed that cat fights among the ladies are getting a bit much. I find myself closing more threads. This is a forum and even though "its just a messageboard" its no reason to start making personal insults or yelling at someone over a fake marriage. The games are fun, but some members take it way too seriously. You cant tell them to stop because this forum is like another circle of friends. Like school, church, the team...etc..etc people want to be liked. When we make threads like "the funniest member" or "the member awards" people cant help, but feel left out because its human nature to want to fit on...rather its online or in real life. You could say "Well someone bitter here" hardly. I usually win some kind of award and am liked by 90% of the forum, so I'm not bitter. The point is, some people arent that popular and dont win things. We cant change the forums and walk on eggshells for the sensitive, but lets not take these games and groups SO seriously where I, or the other mods have to close threads because someone is "stealing" someone's man, or, a group is getting out of hand. The people in these things have to look at the people who arent and understand that its not easy for them to "jump right in". I'm one of those people (more so in real life). And its annoying to just say, "guys! Dont whine! Grow up and dont be a baby its just a forum!". Because the people saying that are the same people that also take the forum seriously enough to stick up for there friends and "lovers". Am I wrong?

I've thought about leaving, but decided not to. This forum still needs the mods we have and can be turned around if WE want it to be. I've posted about this dozens of times in the secret box... I'm glad the members are catching on as well...

Kenny Blankenship

Everyone is leaving
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2005, 08:31:52 am »
I've been saying this for months and I did leave for 3 months when I moved, but these forums have been going downhill and I've spoken to the other mods about it. They agree, but trends and groups are too much like high school. I know that most of you are still in school, but C'mon, its a messageboard and this is the only forum I belong to that is doing this. People say "try harder to fit in" well, why should WE have to fit in with some group? Its not unity.. The fact that I decided to make another family and had people say stuff to the point were I just closed it was out of hand. These groups arent making an improvement at all...

I've noticed that cat fights among the ladies are getting a bit much. I find myself closing more threads. This is a forum and even though "its just a messageboard" its no reason to start making personal insults or yelling at someone over a fake marriage. The games are fun, but some members take it way too seriously. You cant tell them to stop because this forum is like another circle of friends. Like school, church, the team...etc..etc people want to be liked. When we make threads like "the funniest member" or "the member awards" people cant help, but feel left out because its human nature to want to fit on...rather its online or in real life. You could say "Well someone bitter here" hardly. I usually win some kind of award and am liked by 90% of the forum, so I'm not bitter. The point is, some people arent that popular and dont win things. We cant change the forums and walk on eggshells for the sensitive, but lets not take these games and groups SO seriously where I, or the other mods have to close threads because someone is "stealing" someone's man, or, a group is getting out of hand. The people in these things have to look at the people who arent and understand that its not easy for them to "jump right in". I'm one of those people (more so in real life). And its annoying to just say, "guys! Dont whine! Grow up and dont be a baby its just a forum!". Because the people saying that are the same people that also take the forum seriously enough to stick up for there friends and "lovers". Am I wrong?

I've thought about leaving, but decided not to. This forum still needs the mods we have and can be turned around if WE want it to be. I've posted about this dozens of times in the secret box... I'm glad the members are catching on as well...
[snapback]235338[/snapback]

Amen.

I long for the days when there were actual discussions going on, with everyone having a place in the forum.  Now, everyone's wrapped up with who's "sexy" or who's not or who should be "president", and it's no longer fun for me and others.  Feels more like one big chat room than an actual message board...

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Everyone is leaving
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2005, 08:35:08 am »
Feels more like one big chat room than an actual message board...

I second that.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Everyone is leaving
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2005, 11:23:20 am »

I totally agree with you.  I'm a huge part of the "groups" around here and stuff, but I don't think these groups are healthy to the overall community.  No, I'm not saying I don't like my circle of friends, because I do.  I love the people I'm friends with, here, and I'm pretty sure you all know who you are.  But I also care about all the other people here, and genuinely like everyone for one reason or another.  Sure, some of us are annoying at times, but that's what keeps it interesting.

All these threads about "who's sexy" and "the election" and all that are for fun.  People are too worried about fitting in, and wanting to be noticed.  Seriously, the best way to make friends here is to talk to people on AIM.  There are a lot of members who use AIM, so use it to your advantage.

I don't think the community is unsalvagable, and it seems we've made a huge deal over one moderator leaving.  Sure, Andrew leaving was a big thing, but it's NOT the end of USB.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Everyone is leaving
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2005, 11:56:44 am »

I totally agree with you.  I'm a huge part of the "groups" around here and stuff, but I don't think these groups are healthy to the overall community.  No, I'm not saying I don't like my circle of friends, because I do.  I love the people I'm friends with, here, and I'm pretty sure you all know who you are.  But I also care about all the other people here, and genuinely like everyone for one reason or another.  Sure, some of us are annoying at times, but that's what keeps it interesting.

All these threads about "who's sexy" and "the election" and all that are for fun.  People are too worried about fitting in, and wanting to be noticed.  Seriously, the best way to make friends here is to talk to people on AIM.  There are a lot of members who use AIM, so use it to your advantage.

I don't think the community is unsalvagable, and it seems we've made a huge deal over one moderator leaving.  Sure, Andrew leaving was a big thing, but it's NOT the end of USB.
[snapback]235361[/snapback]
I have to agree with you, we don't need to be in these "groups" USB is not high school, no need to treat it like one. And I realize that the "who's sexy" and "the election" are for fun, but many members are feeling left out of this threads by not being inclouded. I like 99% of the members and there is only a select few who I cannot stand, but other than that 99.9% of USB is on my good side, some members have seen my bad side, and agree you DO NOT want to see it. And Andrew leaving is a big deal, but not the end of USB. The whole reason why I made this thread was because USB was falling apart, and I knew someone had to take the initiative and start a thread like this, it was only a matter of time before this happened. And as Isn't Anythign pointed out she's brought this up in the Secret Box. All the more I have to say is be part of the solution and not the problem.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Everyone is leaving
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2005, 11:58:39 am »
The reason they are not included is because of their attitude towards everyone and they're history in USB forums.

Inclouded? XD

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Everyone is leaving
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2005, 12:41:57 pm »
I agree to the couple posts above (didn't feel like quoting em :P ).

We all need to chill and eat cheese and drink pineapple soda. Stop with the moaning and name calling nonsense. Making groups that are entitled "Me and my friends and not you" seem to take away from the forum (and they would anywhere else).

Once again...procedures:
1. Cheese...lots of cheese...preferably muenster...
2. Pineapple soda...the good stuff they sell at Wal-mart and Sam's Club
3. Close up useless 'love triangle' threads.
4. Tell people to stop moaning and being bitter.
5. Grow old together on the forum instead of leaving because you think that cheese and pineapple soda taste better somewhere else...It's good to have different tastes.

spongebuddie

Everyone is leaving
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2005, 01:03:19 pm »

i agree 100% i promise ima change for the better  :yes:  :yes:

Jackie-Boy

Everyone is leaving
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2005, 01:08:19 pm »
This thread has probably served its purpose, hasn't it? We were off-topic for an entire page, and we kind of already resolved everything. Maybe it needs locking.

I dunno.