Author Topic: Deleting Windows Media Player 11 Beta  (Read 10388 times)

Chrono

Deleting Windows Media Player 11 Beta
« on: June 19, 2006, 04:43:51 pm »
I need to delete WMP11 Beta off my computer so that I can install WMP10 again, but it won't let me. Where do I go to delete it? I've already tried Adding/Removing Programs. Wasn't in there.

Also, don't suggest other music players, cause I'm fine with WMP. Thanks.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Re: Deleting Windows Media Player 11 Beta
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 07:32:45 pm »
I don't believe it's possible (or easy).

Snowthrower

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 09:02:17 pm »
Its under your Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs and check "Show Updates"; you should be able to do it then.

Starr2k3

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 12:36:59 am »
I don't believe it's possible (or easy).

... or not. :D

Chrono

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 11:36:39 am »
Its under your Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs and check "Show Updates"; you should be able to do it then.
Genuis...and it was easy. Gosh, WMP11 was so bad. Version 10 is way better...

King Neptune

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 09:39:59 pm »
why was 11 so bad?

CloneTrooperX

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 05:26:19 am »
Have you tried it yet? It sucks. Hopefully they improve on the final version.

carterhawk

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 09:26:25 pm »
why was 11 so bad?

Its a beta. something many people can't get their heads around is that beta versions of software are always going to be slow, buggy, and ugly. they expect something as good as a final product without realising the whole point of using a beta is to find bugs and report it to the developer. instead of complaining about beta software sucking they should keep their noob asses in the AOL kids zone where it belongs. its people like these that make me wish there was a license like a driver's license to even buy a computer.

Rabble

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 09:32:34 pm »
why was 11 so bad?

Its a beta. something many people can't get their heads around is that beta versions of software are always going to be slow, buggy, and ugly. they expect something as good as a final product without realising the whole point of using a beta is to find bugs and report it to the developer. instead of complaining about beta software sucking they should keep their noob asses in the AOL kids zone where it belongs. its people like these that make me wish there was a license like a driver's license to even buy a computer.

But yet, it makes the computer world alot more interesting with people like that, so why take it away?
Other than that, thats good logic. (Y)!1one

(

Chrono

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 10:04:19 am »
why was 11 so bad?

So you think that every somewhat computer illiterate person should be in the AOL kids zone?
And that people need a computer license to own one? Wow. How inconsiderate...

carterhawk

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2006, 12:50:01 pm »
We dont let people who dont have the basic skills to handle a car drive one, and we shouldnt let people who dont have the basic skills to handle a computer use one. this goes back to the days when people were using the cd tray as a cup holder :p

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 06:04:15 am »
Cars kill people. Computers don't. Horrible analogy ftl.

11 was bad because it just plain sucked. If anything, they'll just add more bs options that do absolutely nothing for the normal user, or they'll come out with some "master codec" just to hype up 11....

But in the end, if they don't get some newer and updated visuals in there for music, then Microsoft will have failed me again. Right now, M$ needs something flashy to show off their new line of products. Unless they do that, I will never switch from winamp. Milkdrop > any other interactive music visuals.

carterhawk

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2006, 12:21:46 am »

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 11:23:41 am »
Genuis...and it was easy. Gosh, WMP11 was so bad. Version 10 is way better...
This man speaks the troof.

Chrono

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 11:42:15 am »

.....And...? What is it? Is it a computer that kills people? Cause if it is, I'm pretty sure that not everyone has one...