Author Topic: Pro-Anorexia Websites  (Read 17913 times)

Band8PGeek

Re: Pro-Anorexia Websites
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 02:49:38 am »
Guys, this is about pro-anorexia, not religion. Name of topic: "Pro-Anorexia Websites" XD
I see what you mean, tho.

Pipo Monkey 36

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 04:04:53 am »
What's Pro-Anorexia? Does anyone other than me think this topic needs to get moved?

Band8PGeek

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 05:02:26 am »
What's Pro-Anorexia?
It's when you support a disease that could potentially kill you. Anorexia is an eating disorder when you think you're fat all the time and stop eating so you can lose weight.

Pipo Monkey 36

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2006, 05:03:26 am »
This topic should be moved.

Band8PGeek

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2006, 05:04:38 am »
This topic should be moved.
What? You don't think a life-killer should be taken seriously?

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2006, 08:15:48 pm »
Guys, this is about pro-anorexia, not religion. Name of topic: "Pro-Anorexia Websites" XD
just because you can't defend yourself is no reason to try and change the subject.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2006, 09:09:18 pm »
What's Pro-Anorexia?
It's when you support a disease that could potentially kill you. Anorexia is an eating disorder when you think you're fat all the time and stop eating so you can lose weight.
Obesity is a bigger problem than anorexia by far.  It's more deadly and more prominent.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2006, 09:36:57 pm »
just because you can't defend yourself is no reason to try and change the subject.

You kinda changed the subject originally Kevin.  I know what your point was, but you should have known if you mentioned religion, the topic would go astray.

Anyway.  The people who support anorexia are dumb, we get this.  But they DO have the right to express their opinion if they want.  That's the beauty of free speech. I could say I supported the murder of infants who have brown hair, but that doesn't make me right.  It just means I have a weird point of view.  But I am entitled to my opinion, even if it isn't socially acceptable.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2006, 09:32:33 am »
I could say I supported the murder of infants who have brown hair
Please start a Facebook group for that.  Let's see how many dolts tell us how cruel we are.  Please.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2006, 10:38:19 am »
I could say I supported the murder of infants who have brown hair
Please start a Facebook group for that.  Let's see how many dolts tell us how cruel we are.  Please.

Lol..so many people would flame you.
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2006, 12:55:34 pm »
Todays society heavily depends on image and acceptability in order for one to progress in life with a feeling of being wanted rather than rejected.
Since the portrayal of being thin was heavily broadened through the use of the media, most of society grew to accept that the people they saw where concidered 'normal' or 'desired'.
This brought pressure on young women the most, even men where hit hard by the constant demands to be accepted in society through the media's images.
Unfortunatly, some women (and men) somehow forget what an acceptable weight really is.
A woman about my age (17) should be around 10 stone at LEAST, but the images displayed on magazine covers and on the TV influence the women that they must get thinner or they will not be socially accepted or a potential partner may not desire them due to their appearance.
Anorexia is the result of what drives women to get as thin as possible, unfortunatly you get some people who even take the influence of the media even further and drag it onto the internet....pro-anorexia websites are one of the many bad influences that effect young peoples portrayal of what is socially an acceptable weight.

In my opinion, I personally think that all these people who ARE UNDER THEIR NATURALLY EXPECTED WEIGHT are a very bad influence of young people nowerdays.....the media should be banned from putting these 'acceptable' women on, it doesn't make women feel any better about themselves, it's the same for these 'beefy' men....they have the same negative effect on young men.
Once again, modelling is a waste of time and money...and is also a bad influence on youngsters portrayal of physical acceptability and should be banned.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Band8PGeek

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2006, 01:57:54 am »
Sarah's on the right track. I read somewhere that some day, men won't be able to find any "real" woman as they're bombarded by US size 0 girls with fake F-cup busts.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2006, 07:17:40 am »
Sarah's on the right track. I read somewhere that some day, men won't be able to find any "real" woman as they're bombarded by US size 0 girls with fake F-cup busts.

lmao

They still make em right in Texas.... :wacko:

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2006, 10:48:36 am »
I thought I was speaking with too much of my new grammatical skills....glad you could understand it all!  ^_^
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2006, 11:52:16 am »
Everybody is different and has a different ideal weight. For someone it's 100 pounds, for others it's 160 pounds, it depends on tons of different factors. A person's build, height, and overall genetics all go into a person's ideal weight.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.