which do u like tha gameson more?

PC
2 (18.2%)
Cosoles(Gamecube PS2 Xbox...etc)
8 (72.7%)
neither I like board games best...
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: PC Or Console?  (Read 7443 times)

mermaidman97007

PC Or Console?
« on: October 24, 2003, 01:29:58 pm »
ok, matty and I were having a pretty spirited debate going on what is better for gaming...PC, or Console? Vote now, and tell us why you think PC, or Console is better? Well, I voted PC, I just like it best, and the games will never be discontinued :biggrin:  
« Last Edit: October 24, 2003, 01:30:55 pm by mermaidman97007 »

foulpattie

PC Or Console?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2003, 05:31:41 pm »
Well, it depends on the PC. If its gonna be better than a consle then It's gota be like an alien ware or a super duper PC or whatever. U kno what i'm sayin'. For me I can most games because I got PS2, Gamecube and PC. My PC is good but not nearly perfect. Ya I can't get all the games I want but if its not for Gamecube or PS2 then It might be for PC.  :biggrin:  Plus PC has excellent online play. Anyone what to play Jedi Outcast with me sometime?

Patrick

PC Or Console?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2003, 05:33:51 pm »
Yup, PC is good casuse it has online play (worms6online=TOTAL CHAOS!). Consoles and PC's hav ethierown advanages and disavantages.

foulpattie

PC Or Console?
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2003, 05:35:20 pm »
The key is to win the lottery.  :biggrin:  

link533

PC Or Console?
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2003, 06:43:58 pm »
i think consols are better but the best game are on both like Max Payne 2

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
PC Or Console?
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2003, 08:23:57 pm »
I prefer a game console, though I do like to play Chess. I like both console and board games.
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

mermaidman97007

PC Or Console?
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 09:59:40 am »
The key is to win the lottery.  :biggrin:
Yeah, and not just like a thousand dollar scratch it either...

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
PC Or Console?
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2003, 02:08:49 pm »
You don't need to spent $3000 on an Alienware to get a gaming PC.  I built my PC last christmas for $750, and it can handle any computer game easily.  Anyway, I'm really split between PC and consoles...  Both are really great, so it just depends on what kinds of games you like.  If you like FPS's or RTS's, then PC is best, but for sports, racing, rpg, and action games, consoles are best.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Starr2k3

PC Or Console?
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2003, 03:45:38 pm »
Yea exactly Cmonkey i like the games for consoles better.. that does not mean i only like consoles cuz i really like PC games too.

spongebobDF329

PC Or Console?
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2003, 03:55:10 pm »
I voted consoles because you have to have   a pretty decent computer if you're gonna play games with nice graphics.  

Patrick

PC Or Console?
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2003, 04:55:54 pm »
Yes, I downloaded the demo for war of the ring (lotr rts) and it went so slow. You have to upgrade your computer every two months if you want to play good games. To me, it's not worth it.

mermaidman97007

PC Or Console?
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2003, 06:14:30 pm »
You have to upgrade your computer every two months if you want to play good games. To me, it's not worth it.
uhhhh not...PC hardware upgrades/sellbacks should be done every 2-4 years depending on what type of PC your usin...for games its evey two, which happens to be when they come out with the 'next big console'

Patrick

PC Or Console?
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2003, 06:17:04 pm »
Yes, but my computer is a fairly good computer, and it can't play a demo well. I'm pretty sure it won't play Halo either. Phooey, I was looking towards it.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
PC Or Console?
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2003, 06:26:10 pm »
Patrick, no.  Just no.  I built my computer last december.  I still plays every new game well.  It will be able to play every new game well until the beginning of 2005, when I may need to upgrade my video card.  Of course, that applies to home-made computers.  Compaq, HP, Dell, and all the other garbage may need to be replaced sooner...  So, the moral of the story is to build your own computer, and to do a little bit of thinking before you make a random post in this forum.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 06:26:42 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Patrick

PC Or Console?
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2003, 06:29:18 pm »
Cmonkey, I was just saying that my computer can't run big games. So, I like consoles better.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2003, 12:27:42 pm by Patrick »