which do u like tha gameson more?

PC
2 (18.2%)
Cosoles(Gamecube PS2 Xbox...etc)
8 (72.7%)
neither I like board games best...
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: PC Or Console?  (Read 7444 times)

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
PC Or Console?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2003, 06:31:56 pm »
Yes, I downloaded the demo for war of the ring (lotr rts) and it went so slow. You have to upgrade your computer every two months if you want to play good games. To me, it's not worth it.

Thats what I was referring to.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

mermaidman97007

PC Or Console?
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2003, 07:50:30 pm »
Ive been playin alot of Warcraft 3, and it absolutely lags older comps...so I know what ya mean, but is it really worth buyin a console if they are just gonna do it again? Im still waitin on the PS 9...lol anyone remember that commercial? the one with the "nanoorganic spores that let you smell", and stuff...lol

Offline DoomBringer316

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://Meh, Removed.
PC Or Console?
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2003, 07:52:37 pm »
Eh, I figure a (good) console usually has a lifetime of 4-5 years, and at $300 it isn't really a big deal. Just gotta hope for backwards compatability with the next console.   :)

Miles

PC Or Console?
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2003, 02:09:03 am »
The pc has some nice classics like all the old Sierra adventures. I only play classics on the pc these days since most new games need a super computer just to play them. And there are hardly any new original games for the pc these days so I'm stuck playing classics on my computer. Same goes for consoles really. Since I don't like shooters there's hardly anything new that looks interesting to me. Thats why all my collection of consoles are mostly ones that have gone out of production a long time ago. My latest console is the dreamcast wich has some great rpg's like Skies of Arcadia. I'm thinking of trying out the Game Cube because Nintendo has a good history of rpg's. Xbox looks like a great machine but it doesn't really give me that console feeling. Its just way too big and heavy for me. I like my consoles nice and light so you can easily take to a friend. So I guess I like both the pc and console. But I'm not happy with the games that are being made these days. Or maybe I'm just a grumpy old man.

mermaidman97007

PC Or Console?
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2003, 09:25:04 am »
I only play classics on the pc these days since most new games need a super computer just to play them.
Now thats just untrue, many games are still being developed for older PC's, like Unreal 2k3 was made to be played on older comps, and over a 56k connection...

Miles

PC Or Console?
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2003, 11:10:25 am »
If I was to try and run it on a 120 mhz computer (and alot more people then you think are still using computers like that) I would be on a highway to nowhere. Still, there are always great freeware games out there that don't need fast computers. Not many people have the money to buy something better so they'll be stuck with older computers for a long time to come. But in the big picture those people are usually ignored anyway because there's no money to be had from them. And money is what the world seems to run on.

mermaidman97007

PC Or Console?
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2003, 11:16:53 am »
yes, but your also talking about a sliver of the population, most people do have newer comps, and the people that dont upgrade, or get newer comps are just using it mainly for chatting, and dont play many games anyway...well except like windows solitaire....
« Last Edit: October 28, 2003, 11:17:24 am by mermaidman97007 »

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
PC Or Console?
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2003, 01:06:55 pm »
Umm, no.  Miles is definately right.  People with older computers can still enjoy playing games.  There are some nice new free ones out there, and many companies are re-releasing thier older software as freeware.

Oh ya, and Unreal 2k3 was NOT made for older computers.  You really need a DirectX 8 compatible video card if you want to play it smoothly.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2003, 01:08:49 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

matty

PC Or Console?
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2003, 11:34:19 am »
hey the poll says 7 against 1  

Offline Spider-Boogie

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://allyour.basearebelongto.us/setting-up/bombs.html
PC Or Console?
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2003, 01:51:00 pm »
Don't bring back ancient topics. I voted board game.
April Fool: I'm the April Fool. What's up with that?
Timmy: It's official, this guy sucks. I wish he was somewhere else!
*Poof!*
Timmy: Where'd you guys poof him to?
*Both fairies give evil smiles*
April Fool: I never asked for this!
Jorgen: Shut up, or I'll have Chuck Norris roundhouse kick you in the face again!

Rachel is my USB wife <3
Vicky is also my USB wife <3