Author Topic: MMORPG's  (Read 14357 times)

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Re: MMORPG's
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2007, 07:16:09 pm »

Have you ever been to the website? You have to download it. Then you have to enter the authoazation code that comes with your CD that you BOUGHT. Why are we debating about this? :huh:

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2007, 07:16:42 pm »

Have you ever been to the website? You have to download it. Then you have to enter the authorization code that comes with your CD that you BOUGHT. Why are we debating about this? :huh:
You can download the client that doesn't mean you have to download the game.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2007, 07:17:39 pm »
<.<

I am a tard.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2007, 07:43:56 pm »
<.<

I am a tard.
There's a rule against pointing out the obvious.

:p

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2007, 07:44:29 pm »
Screw you kevin. :lol:

But yea. RuneScape FTW.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2007, 07:46:02 pm »
Screw you kevin. :lol:

But yea. RuneScape FTW.
Whateva', I do what I want.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2007, 09:03:26 pm »
World of Warcraft came out in 1994. So it is SO a rip-off of FFXI. Runescape came out in 2001. So tottally a rip-off.

WoW came out in like 2004 or something...but the Warcraft universe has existed in Real Time Strategy form for years.

I mean to say that most are a ripoff of the battle system first set down by final fantasy games, and every new expansion and new game coming out steals something from the newest FF game out at the time.

Even Super Mario stole some stuff from FF...lolol

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2007, 11:51:14 pm »
World of Warcraft came out in 1994. So it is SO a rip-off of FFXI. Runescape came out in 2001. So tottally a rip-off.

WoW came out in like 2004 or something...but the Warcraft universe has existed in Real Time Strategy form for years.

I mean to say that most are a ripoff of the battle system first set down by final fantasy games, and every new expansion and new game coming out steals something from the newest FF game out at the time.

The battle system used in WoW, Guild Wars, Everquest, and the one in Runescape (which is quite different from the others) are nothing like the Final Fantasy games...if any of them stole their battle system, they all stole it from Everquest.  The Final Fantasy games are turn based and you have to select all your attacks.  In the other games, you basically choose to attack a creature and then it fights in a real time setting instead of it waiting for you to take a turn.

The battle systems are totally different. :\

Wilytank

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2007, 04:43:32 am »
The battle system in FF12 is much easier.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2007, 05:39:47 am »

The battle system used in WoW, Guild Wars, Everquest, and the one in Runescape (which is quite different from the others) are nothing like the Final Fantasy games...if any of them stole their battle system, they all stole it from Everquest.  The Final Fantasy games are turn based and you have to select all your attacks.  In the other games, you basically choose to attack a creature and then it fights in a real time setting instead of it waiting for you to take a turn.

Well I can tell u haven't played many FF games :P

There were a few that weren't turn based :)...where they were real-time....

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2007, 02:13:17 pm »

Well I can tell u haven't played many FF games :P

There were a few that weren't turn based :)...where they were real-time....

All the FF games had basically the same battle system...  You had the blue things at the bottom of the screen where you chose your attack, and you had to do that ever turn.  In most MMORPGs, you don't do that.  If you're a warrior, you just attack and your guy swings at the monster in a set interval of time.  If you're a mage, you keep casting your spell and waiting for the cast time to pass before it actually fires...

None of these copied the FF battle system.  Final Fantasy was NOT the first RPG...so stop acting like everything copied it. 

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2007, 02:36:24 pm »
BUHT EF EF IS DA GOD!

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2007, 02:59:11 pm »
Pirates of the Burning Sea will pwn all.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2007, 03:13:10 pm »
Pirates of the Burning Sea will pwn all.

PMG IS THAT A PIRATE BASED MMORPG!?

Because that would be effin' sweet.

Arkei

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2007, 03:30:15 pm »
Well, I don't really like RuneScape anymore,I got lvl 40 and got my Rune Skimmy, and then some idiot scammed me of my password and will only give it back for 200k, in which I only have a pathetic lvl 5 account to earn all of it.