Vote yes

Yes we needed to do it
4 (50%)
No
3 (37.5%)
I don't know much about it.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Vietnam  (Read 6066 times)

MiraclrPlz

Vietnam
« on: November 11, 2004, 08:25:38 pm »
Vietname was a a needed war due to the cold war. The Northern Vietnameeze invaded Soth Vietam.  They couldnot fight for themselves.  President Truman vowed to use force to prevent any more coutnries from becoming Commnist.  So President Johnson did the right thing.  Some people thought we lost it.  We didn't really.  We were scared.  You see, China, if we would had used full force, may have enterd against us and we may have started World War III.  We just wanted to get the Northen Vietnameeze out of Vietnam.  We could have Crushed them in like, a day.  China was Communist then and is now, kinda.  But hippie Liberals spat on the troops returining home, calling them baby killers.  They were heros.  And it was nescessary.  It acomplished nothing, but it had to happen.  Nixon pulled us out because too many people were dying and we couldn't win with the limited forces we could limitedly send in.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Vietnam
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 08:27:29 pm »
No. America needs to let other countries deal with their own problems, so we can stop sticking our noses in other peoples business.

MiraclrPlz

Vietnam
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 08:29:40 pm »
Tell that to the Jews during WWII.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Vietnam
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 08:30:09 pm »
Yes. Vietnam needed our help.
<^>

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Vietnam
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 09:17:52 pm »
I voted yes. MSP is right on this one.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Vietnam
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2004, 04:09:53 am »
Tell that to the Jews during WWII.
That''s different. That was part of a World War, which we joined due to Japan bombing us.

Megan

Vietnam
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2004, 07:10:43 am »
I have mixed feeling on Vietnam, but mostly I say no. And MSP, please do us all a favor and revise your spelling on all your posts.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Vietnam
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2004, 11:48:38 am »
I don't think that we needed to intervene in the war in Vietnam.  It was a military dictatorship in the south versus a military dictatorship under the guise of communism in the north.  All we did was extend the war, resulting in thousands of unnecessary deaths on both sides.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2004, 11:48:58 am by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Vietnam
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2004, 09:21:02 am »
i am a bit of a hippy when it comes to war. we didnt need to get involved

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Vietnam
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2004, 12:35:41 pm »
No, I dont believe so. I agree with Cmonkey on this one. It was a useless war. We spent over 10 years and they went communist anyway. We lost alot of men over it. As for WWII. What Hitler was doing was far worse. He was basically trying to take over Europe one country at a time. And trying to rid the world of anyone who wasnt white, blonde and had blue eyes. He didnt just go after Jews. He went after Blacks, Asians and anyone who he didnt think was fit. Yes, Japan did bomb us to get involved. We felt that it was Europe's problem and it wasnt our battle to fight. Let me put it this way to you, MSP: If we didnt get involed with WWII, you'd be speaking German. That was a World War. Everyone was involved, not just a few countries. That war effected everyone. Even us in North America. That was very necessary.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Vietnam
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2004, 01:54:01 pm »
No, I dont believe so. I agree with Cmonkey on this one. It was a useless war. We spent over 10 years and they went communist anyway. We lost alot of men over it. As for WWII. What Hitler was doing was far worse. He was basically trying to take over Europe one country at a time. And trying to rid the world of anyone who wasnt white, blonde and had blue eyes. He didnt just go after Jews. He went after Blacks, Asians and anyone who he didnt think was fit. Yes, Japan did bomb us to get involved. We felt that it was Europe's problem and it wasnt our battle to fight. Let me put it this way to you, MSP: If we didnt get involed with WWII, you'd be speaking German. That was a World War. Everyone was involved, not just a few countries. That war effected everyone. Even us in North America. That was very necessary.
I disagree.  If we didn't get involved, we might be speaking Russian right now.  The Soviet Union itself could have overrun Nazi Germany by the end of the war.  Instead of the Berlin Wall seperating the Communist world from the non-Communist, the Soviets would have had all of mainland Europe.  
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Vietnam
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2004, 02:09:31 pm »
I disagree.  If we didn't get involved, we might be speaking Russian right now.  The Soviet Union itself could have overrun Nazi Germany by the end of the war.  Instead of the Berlin Wall seperating the Communist world from the non-Communist, the Soviets would have had all of mainland Europe.
You're right. If Hitler wouldn't of double-crossed Russia he would've won the war.  

MiraclrPlz

Vietnam
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2004, 08:17:25 pm »
Just because we didn't win the war did not mean we had a bad reason ot go in.  And I think after World War II we should have gone in and take Stalin out.  But FDR, that Commy lovin' Pinko didn't budge.