Author Topic: Gays Can't Give Blood.  (Read 25121 times)

MiraclrPlz

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2004, 07:13:05 pm »
And they arn't qualified for the Army, either.  You need a real man's man to go into the army, which is why they can't.

Gideon Brown

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2004, 07:30:31 pm »
Ok, whoa...a 'man's man' would be someone a gay man could love, you fool.

Fredaykin

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2004, 07:34:23 pm »
That is outrageously bigoted to say that a gay men isn't "a real man's man."  Their sexual preference does not necessarily define all of their traits.  Homosexual men are just as much men as anyone else.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2004, 09:37:47 pm »
Actually, homosexuals are at a lower risk than heterosexuals.
I have one word for that: Bolagna! Sry.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2004, 04:33:50 am »
58 percent of those with AIDS are women.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

MiraclrPlz

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2004, 06:31:49 am »
What's your src?

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2004, 06:35:01 am »
58 percent of those with AIDS are women.
That low? I would expect it to be more

MiraclrPlz

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2004, 06:36:40 am »
Yeah, why not 100%?  Just get as politically correct as you can.  Being politically correct means having to lie.  OK 100%!

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2004, 06:51:46 am »
It wouldnt be 100%...I would expect it in the upper 60s or lower 70s

oscar_the_grouch

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2004, 04:28:58 pm »
so if a guy is compelty healthy and discease free but hes gay he cant donate blood? what the... you know what i mean. and a gay man cant join the army? i think that is horrible! just because you are gay doesnt mean you arent tough or a "man's man".

Paige

*PaTrIcK*#1

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2004, 04:57:45 pm »
so if a guy is compelty healthy and disease free but hes gay he cant donate blood? what the... you know what i mean. and a gay man cant join the army? i think that is horrible! just because you are gay doesnt mean you arent tough or a "man's man".

Paige
yea i agree wit you all the way! thats not fair, its not right. i mean i can understand that they wouldnt take blood bc the man had AIDS but i mean if he doesnt why not take the donation? thats wrong to complain of not having enough blood then have stupid resrictions like that.

oscar_the_grouch

Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2004, 05:07:52 pm »
yea i agree wit you all the way! thats not fair, its not right. i mean i can understand that they wouldnt take blood bc the man had AIDS but i mean if he doesnt why not take the donation? thats wrong to complain of not having enough blood then have stupid resrictions like that.

maybe people think if a gay man gave them blood they will turn into a homo sexual LOL :tongue: but seriously i think its bull poop. soon enough gay or lesbians wont even beable to recieve blood because being a homo sexual is frowned apon. what is the world coming to?

Paige

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2004, 05:48:40 pm »
What's your src?
United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.  According to the world health organization, 50% are women.  Also, according to the WHO, "Worldwide, more than 90 percent of all adolescent and adult HIV infections have resulted from heterosexual intercourse."

MSP, you may want to do some research next time, instead of blindly accusing anyone who is unlike you.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 05:51:30 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2004, 12:38:34 am »
Gay re Just As People. They Are Barely Different, And They Should Be BAle To Join The Army. They Should Have The Same Exact Rights,

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Gays Can't Give Blood.
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2004, 05:56:08 am »
This is pointless...why bother ask when they HAVE to test the blood first? It'd be like..."Are you gaY?" "Yes." "HIV POSITIVE!! AAAAAAAGH!" pretty darn stupid when the leading majority of people with AIDS are young women in their early twenties.
Since the % of gays that have HIV is so high, it would be pointless to do a 47$ test for every last blood doner. That is unless you want to fork over the 432 million dollars for it.

There are still gay people in the army. You just need to not talk about it. lol

MSP, don't ever think that cmonkey would pull a random fact out of air like you do...He has a better reputation to uphold..

Gays and lesbians will still be able to recieve blood...No reason why they shouldn't...Unless the red cross bans latex gloves... :P

It is also not a good idea to take gay blood donations if they tested negative. I believe it's about 1% are wrong. If there were 23 million gay people that donated blood, then 230,000 batches would be tainted, and thats not including the fact that sometimes they do more than 1 bag. That would just lead to an easier spread of the disease. Play it safe and don't take their blood. Or just tell them ur not gay and get an HIV test before u get there so u won't embarass urself.

btw MSP, you don't need what u call a "real man's man" to be in the army. I know a few guys that work out down at the YMCA who could kick anyones *** and they were all in the military.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 05:58:13 am by +_VulturEMaN_ »