Author Topic: Flag Burning  (Read 16141 times)

super_sayian_spongebob

Flag Burning
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2004, 04:08:23 pm »
... did I miss something?  Middle Eastern countries are some of the most nationalistic on earth, not that thats a good thing.
[snapback]136942[/snapback]
No I mean they burn OUR flag for a living.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Flag Burning
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2004, 05:45:14 pm »
It is disgracing to thropw it away after it is old. If it is old you are supposed to burn it. Same thing with if it touches the ground.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Flag Burning
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2004, 06:39:00 pm »
... did I miss something?  Middle Eastern countries are some of the most nationalistic on earth, not that thats a good thing.
[snapback]136942[/snapback]
No I mean they burn OUR flag for a living.
[snapback]136965[/snapback]
Ah, I see.  Anyway, people in many countries burn the American flag in protest, even though those in the Middle East have the most reason to.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Flag Burning
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2004, 07:06:58 pm »
Burning the American flag should only occur when the flag is too dirty or ratty to display. Under no other circumstances should the flag be burned. Why would you do it, anyway? The only other people that do it are rebels to the country, and they should be fined for simply being spoiled

MiraclrPlz

Flag Burning
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2004, 08:14:13 pm »
What about all the people that died for that flag?

Gideon Brown

Flag Burning
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2004, 08:36:20 pm »
Personally, this subject focuses on how materialistic humans really are. It's a piece of material, for crying out loud. Those people did not die for the flag, they died for their country. They died for what they believed in. Yeah, I can imagine them fighting out there and when they want to give up they picture the flag. Mmm...I'm sure.

MiraclrPlz

Flag Burning
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2004, 06:48:16 am »
Why must you disagree with everything I say no matter how right I am?  The flag represents the country!  >:(

Gideon Brown

Flag Burning
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2004, 08:06:07 am »
Represents the country. Yeah..Kurt Cobain represented a whole era of teens, doesn't mean he WAS all those teens.  I am not disagreeing with you MSP, I am stating a fact. Humans are VERY materialistic. It IS a piece of material. The ground you stand on is more alive than that flag.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Flag Burning
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2004, 11:51:28 am »
I think people should be able to. It's basic freedom of expression. If we can't burn the flag, then why not stop at speaking out against the government? What about another "Alien and Sedition Act"?

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Flag Burning
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2004, 03:31:25 pm »
[snapback]137070[/snapback]
They died for the nation, to allow people to have the freedom to burn the flag.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Flag Burning
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2004, 03:33:14 pm »
[snapback]137070[/snapback]

No one dies for their flag

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Flag Burning
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2004, 05:16:12 pm »
No, No, No. You've misunderstood him. People did die for that flag. That flag represents freedom and as you (should) know, People have died to give this country freedom.

"theres a lot of flag burners who have got too much freedom. I wanna make it legal for police men to beat 'em 'cause there limits to our liberity or I hope and pray that thre are, 'cause those liberal freaks go to far"

- Day the Violence Died-Medley Taken from The Simpsons "in the key of springfield.

oscar_the_grouch

Flag Burning
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2004, 06:08:09 pm »
isnt_anything doesnt that mean they died for freedom, not a flag? yes the flag may represent freedom, but the people who died did not die so the flag could be on a flag pole. they died so that people could have freedom. yeah im babiling so ill shut up now.

Paige

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Flag Burning
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2004, 06:24:51 pm »
Please do. You're Canadian. I dont understand why Canadians get so involved with American politics to begin with. It sort-of erks me. I dont have anything against Canada, but....

To answer your question, No, they did not die for a "flag", but they did die for what it represents. Whats the big deal? The flag is a symbol of our freedom than many men died to give us. To burn it or to disrespect it in anyway is shameful. Forget the actual flag and the pole. It's what it represents that would make any disrespect in my opinion, selfish. No, I didnt vote for Bush nor do I like what he's doing. But, I still respect America and the freedom we get here. Alot of you kids dont get that. All you guys do is rant and rave about how America is taking away our freedom. Freedom of what? Keeping this country from becoming a free-for-all? I'd like to ship you guys over to Iraq and then have you guys come back. You'll be kissing American soil. Believe me, when you get to those places, Gay rights becomes the last thing on your mind.

Gideon Brown

Flag Burning
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2004, 06:35:01 pm »
Please do. You're Canadian. I dont understand why Canadians get so involved with American politics to begin with. It sort-of erks me. I dont have anything against Canada, but....

Mmm...why do we get so involved? Because, well, let's look at the media. How many people read the Ottawa Sun in the United States?! Pretty much nil. And how many Canadian magazines do you see floating around out there? I count maybe five that people actually are willing to read. For the most part, all I watch on TV is American shows. Change that. It's all I watch. Scifi and Nickelodeon. AMERICAN. Sure we have Canadian channels, but they generally play AMERICAN shows. So you see, America has a great influence on Canada, and therefore anything that happens to the US will affect Canada. About the only place in Canada, as far as I can tell, that doesn't seem to be American would be Quebec and the Territories. And Newfoundland, which is deteriorating quickly, because it can't keep up with...America.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 06:36:14 pm by Charliez Fallen Angel »