Author Topic: The Holiday Tree  (Read 18496 times)

MiraclrPlz

The Holiday Tree
« on: December 18, 2004, 07:48:10 pm »
I keep forgetting to post this.  Now I am, exactly one week from Christmas.  One week ago, my father and I we getting our tree.  When we picked one just the right size(8.5 feet tall!  Muh HAW HAW HAW!) my father asked: "Kind sir, how much will the Christmas Tree be?"  
The man replied:  "Please, refer to it as a Holiday Tree.  It's much more politically correct."  
Result:
My Father(screaming!!!)  "Whhhhaaaaatttt!!!!!???  I don't give a censored about no darn blasting left wing politics!  I'm gonna call it a Christmas Tree!!!"  This resulted in him running around screaming:  "CHRISTMAS TREE!"  And so we got a 9 foot tree from another place.  After carefully pondering the evidence, I have to agree with my father.  No one should be forced to exclude the name of Christ to satisfy non-believers.  That is our religion.  So leave politics out of it once and for all!  Who is with me?

GIR

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 07:53:00 pm »
I understand what he did was wrong your dad REALLY overreacted.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 08:02:34 pm by megapat0099 »

Starr2k3

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 07:57:51 pm »
How immature. All he did was ask him to call it Holiday Tree or not say it at all. He can call it whatever he wants when he leaves. I hate people like your dad.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
The Holiday Tree
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 08:01:41 pm »
I now see where you get it from.

No, I didn't mean that as a good thing.

foulpattie

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 08:08:17 pm »
what a moron

Starr2k3

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 08:09:29 pm »
what a moron
[snapback]137806[/snapback]

Who? The salesmen or his dad?

foulpattie

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 08:10:54 pm »
the dad.

Starr2k3

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 08:12:09 pm »
the dad.
[snapback]137809[/snapback]

Yeah, his dad was acting like a 3 year old kid who did not get his way.

MiraclrPlz

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 08:13:01 pm »
It is a Christmas Tree, for it represents Christmas.  Other religions, such as Judism, and Quanza, do not have trees as part of their celebrations.  It is obtional for Christians to use a Christmas Tree, but there are several court cases that say the Christmas tree is a religious simple that represents new life in the darkness of winter.  My dad as right.  No one thinks of it as a Holiday Tree.  A person has the right to call a tree whatever they want.  If it means something about Christmas, than it is a Christmas Tree to them.  Holiday Tree.  Give me a break.

Keep Christ in Christmas.

Starr2k3

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2004, 08:14:35 pm »
It is a Christmas Tree, for it represents Christmas.  Other religions, such as Judism, and Quanza, do not have trees as part of their celebrations.  It is obtional for Christians to use a Christmas Tree, but there are several court cases that say the Christmas tree is a religious simple that represents new life in the darkness of winter.  My dad as right.  No one thinks of it as a Holiday Tree.  A person has the right to call a tree whatever they want.  If it means something about Christmas, than it is a Christmas Tree to them.  Holiday Tree.  Give me a break.

Keep Christ in Christmas.
[snapback]137811[/snapback]

Here's an easier way to fix the problem he did. Leave the store and continue to call it a Christmas Tree. Not acting like a 3 year old.

foulpattie

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2004, 08:16:35 pm »
grow up msp. how do you get offended when someone says holiday tree. man-o-man.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
The Holiday Tree
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2004, 08:16:47 pm »
Why do you even need a tree? It's not like you should get any presents, its not commercialized!!!!

GIR

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2004, 08:17:18 pm »
Its not about keeping chist in christmas. Its your dad acting like a baby screaming
"CHRISTMAS TREE!".

foulpattie

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2004, 08:28:23 pm »
It's not like you should get any presents
[snapback]137815[/snapback]

yar, he'll get coal.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
The Holiday Tree
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2004, 08:29:55 pm »
No, he's said on other boards he doesn't believe that Christmas is overcommericialized. So he's not getting any presents.