Author Topic: Time Magazine Names George Bush Person Of The Year  (Read 21012 times)

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Time Magazine Names George Bush Person Of The Year
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2004, 07:18:03 pm »
I still fail to see how banning gay marriages is a bad thing. You aren't gay, so why do you care? And I don't know enough about the patriot act but I would rather get that kind of info from another conservative. And banning abortions is a godsend.

yes but bush isnt gay so why does he care? why does he want stop gays from getting married?

Paige
[snapback]138089[/snapback]
Because it's not RIGHT. It's filthy and disgusting. If they want to marry so badly go to Canada.
[snapback]138095[/snapback]

You're filthy and disgusting if you think that. Just because your religion says that, doesn't make it true. Newsflash: not everyone believes in God.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2004, 07:18:25 pm »
I still fail to see how banning gay marriages is a bad thing. You aren't gay, so why do you care? And I don't know enough about the patriot act but I would rather get that kind of info from another conservative. And banning abortions is a godsend.

yes but bush isnt gay so why does he care? why does he want stop gays from getting married?

Paige
Because it's not RIGHT. It's filthy and disgusting. If they want to marry so badly go to Canada.
Sure.  Slavery is perfectly acceptable too.   People who hated slavery should have just moved to Canada instead of fighting the Civil War.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2004, 07:19:31 pm »

Paige

Yet they should still have the right to do it. It could be NOT disgusting and filthy to a governor or mayor or someone big in charge and they could get married. What if the president suddenly said it was ok? Then it WOULD be right. Plus, I don't think Canada would go for it

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2004, 07:26:04 pm »
I don't believe that because of my religion. I personally find it nasty. It's just not natural. As far as slavery goes that is irrelevant. That is a totally different story. And supporting abortion is basically supporting the right for a mother to kill her unborn child. Yeah, real nice. Supporting murder. Disgusting... and quit bringing religion into this, Kevin. I never said a word about God.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 07:27:13 pm by Dragon Of Grief »

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2004, 07:31:17 pm »
It's your personal opinion though. Other people are perfectly fine with it.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2004, 07:33:15 pm »
Funny thing... more people would rather have it banned then have it legal. Over 11 states overwelmingly support banning gay marriage. And I bet a lot of people want it banned. And when it is banned we can drop this issue for good.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2004, 07:36:52 pm »
Funny thing... more people would rather have it banned then have it legal. Over 11 states overwelmingly support banning gay marriage. And I bet a lot of people want it banned. And when it is banned we can drop this issue for good.
[snapback]138121[/snapback]

11 states...whoopy. Maybe hte other states havent gotten around to voting yet. But that's just my opinion. I really don't know whos done with it and whos not

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2004, 07:39:32 pm »
[snapback]138121[/snapback]

It's not going to solve anything. All it's going to do is stop them from getting married.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2004, 07:40:43 pm »
That's the whole point.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2004, 07:41:50 pm »
Yes, but homosexuality is still going to happen.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2004, 07:43:47 pm »
Unfortunately, yes. It's to bad we can't ban homosexuality alltogether really, but unless we install cameras in everyones house it would be impossible to ban completely.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2004, 07:46:17 pm »
Ok...if we banned homosexuality...what if you say 2 guys walking side by side talking to each other and laughing at each other. Would you tell the police or whoever is in charge?

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2004, 07:50:18 pm »

What a stupid question.

You missed the whole point of that post. I was JUST SAYING that I realized homosexuality couldn't be banned.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2004, 07:55:49 pm »
Unfortunately, yes. It's to bad we can't ban homosexuality alltogether really, but unless we install cameras in everyones house it would be impossible to ban completely.
[snapback]138134[/snapback]

Which would be a complete violation of everyone's privacy. If this does get passed, it won't stay long. Supreme Court will deal with it.

Gideon Brown

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2004, 08:03:35 pm »
If that happens there will be this major flock to Canada...and I won't stand for it!