Author Topic: Time Magazine Names George Bush Person Of The Year  (Read 21067 times)

Elizabeth Rose

Time Magazine Names George Bush Person Of The Year
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2004, 01:51:35 pm »
You're filthy and disgusting if you think that. Just because your religion says that, doesn't make it true. Newsflash: not everyone believes in God.
[snapback]138101[/snapback]

Newsflash: Just because someone doesn't believe in something doesn't make them right.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 01:52:03 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2004, 06:43:27 am »
You're filthy and disgusting if you think that. Just because your religion says that, doesn't make it true. Newsflash: not everyone believes in God.
[snapback]138101[/snapback]

Newsflash: Just because someone doesn't believe in something doesn't make them right.
[snapback]139178[/snapback]

But why should people who don't believe in God be forced to live with rules that are from the Christian religion? Like I don't want the reason I can't do something be religion. It's dumb.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2004, 11:02:19 am »
Even non-religious people don't like it. It is a miracle that it's getting banned. Same with abortion. Only stupid, careless, cruel, unfeeling people have abortions.

Starr2k3

« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2004, 11:16:52 am »
If this was not in the Bible we would have no discussion or ban of this.

The only reason the govermnent is banning it is because of religon.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2004, 06:12:13 pm »
Even non-religious people don't like it. It is a miracle that it's getting banned. Same with abortion. Only stupid, careless, cruel, unfeeling people have abortions.
[snapback]139466[/snapback]

Don't forget people that would die if they didn't have an abortion, but don't want to abort.

If you look one way, you must look the other. :ph34r:

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2004, 06:15:20 pm »
person of the year in my friends opinion- william hung

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2004, 03:27:18 pm »
William Hung is such a fake and a fraud. A Chinese Ricky Martin. Riiiight.

But back on topic. People don't die from giving birth anymore like they did back in the olden days. Well, it is pretty rare now anyways. Of course it could still happen. The possibilities are just very slim anymore. If the mother might not be able to give proper birth there are always c-sections. My cousin had to have one because she is diabetic. People just don't really die from giving birth anymore. So that really dismisses THAT excuse for having an abortion altogether.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2004, 03:28:11 pm by Dragon Of Grief »

Gideon Brown

« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2004, 03:34:51 pm »
William Hung is such a fake and a fraud. A Chinese Ricky Martin. Riiiight.

But back on topic. People don't die from giving birth anymore like they did back in the olden days. Well, it is pretty rare now anyways. Of course it could still happen. The possibilities are just very slim anymore. If the mother might not be able to give proper birth there are always c-sections. My cousin had to have one because she is diabetic. People just don't really die from giving birth anymore. So that really dismisses THAT excuse for having an abortion altogether.
[snapback]139843[/snapback]

That's funny....my cousin died giving birth.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2004, 05:31:22 pm »
Well, like I said... it can still happen. It just doesn't happen as much.

Gideon Brown

« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2004, 05:37:11 pm »
Sure it can happen...if someone is anorexic and becomes pregnant, it CAN KILL HER. But that's okay right? She should still go through with a pregnancy that'll kill her, even when she herself has such a disease (which indeed it IS a disease).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2004, 05:37:56 pm by Charliez Fallen Angel »

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2004, 06:44:00 pm »
It's the idiots fault for starving herself in the first place. She shouldn't have got knocked up then!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2004, 06:45:04 pm by Dragon Of Grief »

Gideon Brown

« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2004, 06:49:20 pm »
It is NOT her fault she has a disease. Do you know what it feels like to look in the mirror and think you're fat when you aren't? One of the many reasons a girl becomes anorexic is because other tell her she's fat and SHE BELIEVES THEM. My cousin was anorexic AND MARRIED. How is it her fault she 'got knocked up'?

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2004, 06:56:17 pm »
It is NOT her fault she has a disease. Do you know what it feels like to look in the mirror and think you're fat when you aren't? One of the many reasons a girl becomes anorexic is because other tell her she's fat and SHE BELIEVES THEM. My cousin was anorexic AND MARRIED. How is it her fault she 'got knocked up'?
[snapback]139884[/snapback]
How is it NOT her fault? She is the one who starves herself! So someone tells me I have a big nose does that mean I go and break my nose off? So someoen called her fat. Oh Waaaaah. Big deal. I have been caleld worse then that. That is their own fault for listening to the stupid morons who tell her she's fat. It's pathetic how anyone can starve themselves. It's just plain ignorant. Just because someone says soemthing DOESN'T MEAN IT IS TRUE. Now I am very sorry your cousin died but she shouldn't have starved herself. There is no excuse for it.

Gideon Brown

« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2004, 07:07:01 pm »
Who develops anorexia nervosa?

Like all eating disorders, anorexia nervosa tends to occur in pre- or post-puberty, but can develop at any major life change. Anorexia nervosa predominately affects adolescent girls and young adult women, although it also occurs in men and older women. One reason younger women are particularly vulnerable to eating disorders is their tendency to go on strict diets to achieve an "ideal" figure. This obsessive dieting behavior reflects today's societal pressure to be thin, which is seen in advertising and the media. Others especially at risk for eating disorders include athletes, actors, dancers, models, and TV personalities for whom thinness has become a professional requirement. For the person with anorexia nervosa, the satisfaction of control achieved over weight and food becomes very important if the rest of their life is chaotic and emotionally painful.

What are the causes of anorexia nervosa?

Knowledge about the causes of anorexia nervosa is inconclusive, and the causes may be varied. In an attempt to understand and uncover the origins of eating disorders, scientists have studied the personalities, genetics, environments, and biochemistry of people with these illnesses. Certain personality traits common in persons with anorexia nervosa are low self-esteem, social isolation (which usually occurs after the behavior associated with anorexia nervosa begins), and perfectionism. These people tend to be good students and excellent athletes. It does seem clear (although this may not be recognized by the patient), that focusing on weight loss and food allows the person to ignore problems that are too painful or seem unresolvable.

Eating disorders also tend to run in families, with female relatives most often affected. A girl has a 10 to 20 times higher risk of developing anorexia nervosa, for instance, if she has a sibling with the disease. This finding suggests that genetic factors may predispose some people to eating disorders. Behavioral and environmental influences may also play a role. Stressful events are likely to increase the risk of eating disorders as well. In studies of the biochemical functions of people with eating disorders, scientists have found that the neurotransmitters serotonin and norepinephrine are decreased in those with anorexia, which links them with patients suffering from depression. People with anorexia nervosa also tend to have higher than normal levels of cortisol (a brain hormone released in response to stress) and vasopressin (a brain chemical found to be abnormal in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder).

Fredaykin

« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2004, 07:10:53 pm »
[snapback]139884[/snapback]
How is it NOT her fault? She is the one who starves herself! So someone tells me I have a big nose does that mean I go and break my nose off? So someoen called her fat. Oh Waaaaah. Big deal. I have been caleld worse then that. That is their own fault for listening to the stupid morons who tell her she's fat. It's pathetic how anyone can starve themselves. It's just plain ignorant. Just because someone says soemthing DOESN'T MEAN IT IS TRUE. Now I am very sorry your cousin died but she shouldn't have starved herself. There is no excuse for it.
[snapback]139887[/snapback]

First of all, you are wrong in this case.  They psychological devolpment of a human being is much more complex than you seem to think.  When people grow up in an environment where people are telling them anything consistently, it will have a profound impact on them.  Even if it is a lie, being told you are fat frequently can seriously mess with a person's self image.  It is not as simple as saying that a person is stupid or weak for letting that type of influence get to them.  Second, I suggest you change your title of "Mr. Nice Guy"