Author Topic: Inaugration Address  (Read 25511 times)

Elizabeth Rose

Inaugration Address
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2005, 09:08:31 pm »
Im just gonna end my comments here (well, maybe XD) with this:
I predict that in the next 4 years something good will happen in Iraq that will make you all realize that Bush made the right decision in invading Iraq. His ways of going about it will always be questioned, but the end result will, hopefully, be great.
[snapback]146730[/snapback]

And goodnight folks!

Gee wiz kid, you are gonna have to give me your autograph now. :D

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Inaugration Address
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2005, 09:08:32 pm »
I still think it's a strong possibility that Saddam had access to WMD. He had so many connections that the weapons could be hidden anywhere right now. For all I know there are currently Saddam-ordered WMDs sitting 20 feet underground in North Dakota or something
[snapback]146724[/snapback]

My theory is that he had them put on the blackmarket right before we invaded.

That way they either ended up:

A) In terrorists hands,

B) North Korea

C) Iran
[snapback]146728[/snapback]
No, the country was monitored for quite a while.  Inspectors from the UN and the US, as well as a Congressional committee to investigate the "WMD" have stated that there were no weapons, and that after the sanctions were implemented, it was impossible to build weapons.
Also, Saddam would sooner bomb Iran than give it bombs.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 09:13:06 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Inaugration Address
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2005, 09:11:48 pm »
[snapback]146737[/snapback]
You do realize i'm older than you, right?  :blink:

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Inaugration Address
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2005, 09:12:19 pm »
I predict that in the next 4 years something good will happen in Iraq that will make you all realize that Bush made the right decision in invading Iraq. His ways of going about it will always be questioned, but the end result will, hopefully, be great.
Yep, oh joy.  It'll be a regular Vietnam.  30+ years later, and it's a Communist dictatorship.

Many of you are too trusting in the government.  We didn't go into Iraq because they had WMD.  We knew they didn't (our reconniasence and intelligence isn't that horrid), though it would be foolish to admit it.  We didn't go in because they had a dictator.  There are dozens of countries, especially in Africa and East Asia that have much, much worse governments.  Governments that allow genocides of hundreds of thousands of women and children.  We went there because they have oil, and we want it.  Simple as that.

TheScout

Inaugration Address
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2005, 09:13:25 pm »
I still think it's a strong possibility that Saddam had access to WMD. He had so many connections that the weapons could be hidden anywhere right now. For all I know there are currently Saddam-ordered WMDs sitting 20 feet underground in North Dakota or something

A) In terrorists hands,

B) North Korea

C) Iran
No, the country was monitored for quite a while.  Inspectors from the UN and the US, as well as a committee to investigate the "WMD" have stated that there were no weapons, and that after the sanctions were implemented, it was impossible to build weapons.
Saddam would sooner bomb Iran than give it bombs.
[snapback]146738[/snapback]

The UN stated "there are no weapons now"... to be exact...

I am talking about him giving the weapons to Iran once we put up the presure, I mean.  What would you rather do? Give the best military in the world a reason to invade, or make yourself look innocent?

Elizabeth Rose

Inaugration Address
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2005, 09:13:58 pm »
[snapback]146737[/snapback]
You do realize i'm older than you, right?  :blink:
[snapback]146742[/snapback]

How old are you? Sorry, I generally use "kid" as a pet name for anyone. I've even used it on middle age adults I think. :mellow:

Edit: I know for sure I've used it on my friend who has the exact same birthday as me. :P

I'll stop though, lol.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 09:21:26 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

TheScout

Inaugration Address
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2005, 09:15:38 pm »
Yep, oh joy.  It'll be a regular Vietnam.  30+ years later, and it's a Communist dictatorship.

Many of you are too trusting in the government.  We didn't go into Iraq because they had WMD.  We knew they didn't (our reconniasence and intelligence isn't that horrid), though it would be foolish to admit it.  We didn't go in because they had a dictator.  There are dozens of countries, especially in Africa and East Asia that have much, much worse governments.  Governments that allow genocides of hundreds of thousands of women and children.  We went there because they have oil, and we want it.  Simple as that.
[snapback]146744[/snapback]

Then how to you explain our occupation of Baghdad and the northern citys instead of just building a fort around all the oil in the south?

Why are we sacrificing American lives for something we really don't care about?  :dry:

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Inaugration Address
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2005, 09:16:40 pm »
We went there because they have oil, and we want it.  Simple as that.
That's just another example of a Democrat biased view of Bush's administration. You all just cant admit for one second that Bush actually had a purpose in going to Iraq, it always has to be something. If he didn't own an oil company Democrats wouldnt be saying that, they'd find some other excuse.
I may be completely off there. If I am, show me some reliable evidence that Bush went to Iraq for oil.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Inaugration Address
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2005, 09:18:04 pm »

A) In terrorists hands,

B) North Korea

C) Iran
No, the country was monitored for quite a while.  Inspectors from the UN and the US, as well as a committee to investigate the "WMD" have stated that there were no weapons, and that after the sanctions were implemented, it was impossible to build weapons.
Saddam would sooner bomb Iran than give it bombs.
[snapback]146738[/snapback]

The UN stated "there are no weapons now"... to be exact...

I am talking about him giving the weapons to Iran once we put up the presure, I mean.  What would you rather do? Give the best military in the world a reason to invade, or make yourself look innocent?
[snapback]146746[/snapback]
There were no weapons.  Even George W. Bush admitted it.

Elizabeth Rose

Inaugration Address
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2005, 09:19:30 pm »
We thought there were weapons when we went over there.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Inaugration Address
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2005, 09:19:54 pm »

Then how to you explain our occupation of Baghdad and the northern citys instead of just building a fort around all the oil in the south?

Why are we sacrificing American lives for something we really don't care about?  :dry:
[snapback]146754[/snapback]
Common sense.  We can't invade half of a country and expect the other half to leave it at that.  Obviously Saddam would have had a reason to constantly attack the other half of Iraq.  If you're taking over a country, you have to plan to take over all of it.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Inaugration Address
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2005, 09:23:00 pm »
[snapback]146762[/snapback]
No, the government told the media that they knew, 100%, without a doubt, that there were weapons.  I doubt they believed that though, as you can't be 100% sure without physically having the weapons.  What is more likely, is that the government decieved us to start the war.  Obviously, once the war starts, it cant end without full occupation of the country, at which point the existence of WMDs would not matter anymore.

TheScout

Inaugration Address
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2005, 09:25:08 pm »

[snapback]146754[/snapback]
Common sense.  We can't invade half of a country and expect the other half to leave it at that.  Obviously Saddam would have had a reason to constantly attack the other half of Iraq.  If you're taking over a country, you have to plan to take over all of it.
[snapback]146763[/snapback]

Let me restate,

Why do we still have troops in the northern citys?

Why don't we just draw a line, build a while... and declare the southern part of Iraq the 51st state since all we care about is oil!  ::Dolphin Noise::, lets go annex Saudi Arabia!

TheScout

Inaugration Address
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2005, 09:26:32 pm »
[snapback]146762[/snapback]
No, the government told the media that they knew, 100%, without a doubt, that there were weapons.  I doubt they believed that though, as you can't be 100% sure without physically having the weapons.  What is more likely, is that the government decieved us to start the war.  Obviously, once the war starts, it cant end without full occupation of the country, at which point the existence of WMDs would not matter anymore.
[snapback]146767[/snapback]

You can always look at it in an INTELLIGENT way...

American people wouldn't have followed "lets go help other people out" as good as "they're gonna kill us if we don't go beat them!"

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Inaugration Address
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2005, 09:27:33 pm »
We went there because they have oil, and we want it.  Simple as that.
That's just another example of a Democrat biased view of Bush's administration. You all just cant admit for one second that Bush actually had a purpose in going to Iraq, it always has to be something. If he didn't own an oil company Democrats wouldnt be saying that, they'd find some other excuse.
I may be completely off there. If I am, show me some reliable evidence that Bush went to Iraq for oil.
[snapback]146756[/snapback]
Iraq has 11% of the oil on earth.  After 9/11, the goverment had solidified enough support (or fear) within the country to accomplish near anything for "safety".  The government could easily make the country think that there were WMDs in Iraq.  So, 2+2=4.  War = Oil.