Author Topic: Christopher Columbus  (Read 18960 times)

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Christopher Columbus
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2005, 07:02:10 am »
MSP created a topic just like this in November. MSP is probably just looking to create a ton of controversy.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

MiraclrPlz

Christopher Columbus
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2005, 08:27:39 pm »
I'm pretty sure I didn't.  Just because no one likes Columbus is because he was Italian.  There is no other reason to dislike him.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Christopher Columbus
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2005, 08:31:07 pm »
I'm pretty sure I didn't.  Just because no one likes Columbus is because he was Italian.  There is no other reason to dislike him.
[snapback]146655[/snapback]

What... him and his crew going around messing with natives isn't a good reason?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 08:19:37 am by AppleNick »

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Christopher Columbus
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2005, 08:31:18 pm »
I'm pretty sure I didn't.  Just because no one likes Columbus is because he was Italian.  There is no other reason to dislike him.
Have you even read the topic? Nobody even mentions him being Italian, we all state true facts about his life.

Elizabeth Rose

Christopher Columbus
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2005, 08:36:39 pm »

Dude, no one mentioned him being Italian. Further more, I am Italian, why would I beat up on a guy because he was Italian? Everyone has stated true facts about his life.

MiraclrPlz

Christopher Columbus
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2005, 09:13:11 pm »
Christopher Columbus

. "Columbus: Fact vs. Fiction" by the Order Sons of Italy in America

This study presents a series of documented facts on the life of Columbus, his explorations and their significance, as well as the history of Columbus Day in the United States. It also examines the controversial charges about the explorer that have been levied in recent years, which accuse him of racism, genocide, and slave trading.

Using seminal sources, including Columbus's own journals, scholarly biographies and recent research, "Columbus: Fact vs. Fiction" presents convincing evidence that:

The Vinland Map, which allegedly proves that the Vikings arrived in North America in 1000 AD, is probably a forgery.

Columbus never owned any slaves or brought any to the Western Hemisphere from Africa.

Columbus did not consider the natives he encountered to be racially inferior. In fact, according to his own journals, he admired the gentle Tainos, whom he described as physically beautiful, generous, innocent and intelligent.

The New World was not a disease-free "Garden of Eden" that the early European explorers contaminated. Tests on pre-Columbian mummies, recently discovered far from the first European colonies, reveal the native populations suffered from syphilis, tuberculosis, arthritis and periodontal disease. Few lived past the age of 40.

Who is Buried in Columbus' Tomb?

The remains of the man who first crossed the Atlantic Ocean more than 500 years ago could be in either the Old World of Europe or the New World of the Americas...or both! Although this mystery will never be solved, the fact that Christopher Columbus' ashes are shared by the two worlds he helped connect seems poetically appropriate.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Christopher Columbus
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2005, 09:52:44 pm »
Have you even read the topic? Nobody even mentions him being Italian, we all state true facts about his life.
[snapback]146662[/snapback]
Dude, no one mentioned him being Italian. Further more, I am Italian, why would I beat up on a guy because he was Italian? Everyone has stated true facts about his life.
[snapback]146671[/snapback]
Do we think alike, or what? x.x

MiraclrPlz

Christopher Columbus
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2005, 09:55:41 pm »
Is it a rule that everyone on this forum must hate what I like or is the whole world sick but me?

Elizabeth Rose

Christopher Columbus
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2005, 09:55:42 pm »
Oh LOL! That is cool.

Edit: ^Talking to GreenDayFreak

No one hates you MSP. We just want you to think before you act, or in this case, post.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 09:57:49 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

MiraclrPlz

Christopher Columbus
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2005, 07:44:13 pm »
I just find it odd that no one, not even the conservatives, like Columbus.

Dragon Of Grief

Christopher Columbus
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2005, 08:05:10 pm »
Thank you God for allowing America to make a holiday on such a wonderful man.  He brought Catholicism to the natives.  He discovered America.  He brought fine goods like tabocco and natural resources to help the natives.  He proved thee world was not flat, but round like a sphere.  If that is not holiday worthy, I don't know what is.  Vive Italia!
[snapback]146171[/snapback]
Leif Erikson is the one who truly discovered America... Scandinavians deserve the credit if anything. We discovered a lot of things back in our day. And Christopher Columbus was NOT Italian. He was English I believe... Amerigo Vespucci was who America was named after. HE was Italian.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2005, 08:05:58 pm by Dragon Of Grief »

Elizabeth Rose

Christopher Columbus
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2005, 08:29:14 pm »
Columbus was indeed Italian. His true name was Christofo Columbo I think. Something similar at least.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Christopher Columbus
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2005, 12:33:59 pm »
I just find it odd that no one, not even the conservatives, like Columbus.
[snapback]147273[/snapback]
I dont dislike the guy, I just dont think he should be considered an American Icon because he had nothing to do with America.

MiraclrPlz

Christopher Columbus
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2005, 07:03:00 pm »
He had EVERYTHING to do with America.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Christopher Columbus
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2005, 07:15:36 pm »
Is it a rule that everyone on this forum must hate what I like or is the whole world sick but me?
[snapback]146791[/snapback]

Is it really? O_O I must've missed that part :P