Author Topic: Social Security  (Read 8642 times)

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Social Security
« on: January 27, 2005, 05:28:53 pm »
As we have all heard Bush want's to privatize social security this will turn social security from a guarantied money when your old into if you're lucky you'll be rich.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Spiff

Social Security
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 05:47:57 pm »
I haven't told anyone this, but ever since i was 11 I've been getting about $550 dollars every month from social security, till i'm 18.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Social Security
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 08:25:10 pm »
Bury Bush alive :P

MiraclrPlz

Social Security
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 08:35:36 pm »
Social security is a waste of the taxpayer's money, charity programs are well and good.  And there are lots of them.  Besides, it does so little anyway, not because of Bush, it's never did, but it dents the taxpayers money.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Social Security
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 08:39:28 pm »
Social security is a waste of the taxpayer's money, charity programs are well and good.  And there are lots of them.  Besides, it does so little anyway, not because of Bush, it's never did, but it dents the taxpayers money.
[snapback]148234[/snapback]
MSP, you have to look outside of your rich community. Not everyone makes enough money to tide them over when they retire. I'm willing to bet over half of retired Americans are currently depending on Social Security. It's a waste of tax payer's money? I think Sports Stadiums are a bigger waste of tax payer's money - and i'm a huge sports fan.

Gideon Brown

Social Security
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 08:42:42 pm »
Here's a little something for you all. Pilots. We want our pilots happy right? Because, you know, a hungry, tired, angry, worried pilot is NOT what we want flying our planes. So tell me, WHY are some pilots only making under 17000 PER YEAR?! THIS IS NOT ENOUGH TO LIVE ON!! ESPECIALLY if you have a family. And to make matters worse, some airlines refuse to have their pilots file for welfare. Yep. That's right. "We're only giving you minimum wage, and it won't support your family, but we don't want you getting help from the government because it looks bad on us."
I'm sorry, but uhh....if I were a pilot and not making enough money to survive, I wouldn't be paying attention to landing the plane, I'd be wondering if I could afford to retire before the age of 80.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 08:43:11 pm by Charliez Fallen Angel »

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Social Security
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 11:55:45 am »
Social security is a waste of the taxpayer's money, charity programs are well and good.  And there are lots of them.  Besides, it does so little anyway, not because of Bush, it's never did, but it dents the taxpayers money.
[snapback]148234[/snapback]
MSP alot of people relay on Social Security. My Grandma releys on it. Lots of retired people have to reley on scoial security becuase it's they're only source of income. I don't know about you MSP, but I don't want to have to work when I'm old.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Social Security
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 01:58:17 pm »
Ah, so the truth comes out.  MSP is in fact not a Republican.  He is a libertarian survivalist.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 02:02:29 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline LE

• SpongeBob
  • with walls of the deepest blue
    • View Profile
Social Security
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005, 02:53:29 pm »
Ah, so the truth comes out.  MSP is in fact not a Republican.  He is a libertarian survivalist.
[snapback]148316[/snapback]

lmao
it got too real

MiraclrPlz

Social Security
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2005, 08:19:45 pm »
Liberals typically say that they want to achieve equality for everyone. So "equality for everyone" means stealing money from some people and then giving it to others. You call that, for example, "welfare."

Elizabeth Rose

Social Security
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2005, 08:22:35 pm »
Liberals typically say that they want to achieve equality for everyone. So "equality for everyone" means stealing money from some people and then giving it to others. You call that, for example, "welfare."
[snapback]148478[/snapback]

Welfare and Social Security aren't the same.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Social Security
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2005, 10:01:34 pm »
Here's a little something for you all. Pilots. We want our pilots happy right? Because, you know, a hungry, tired, angry, worried pilot is NOT what we want flying our planes. So tell me, WHY are some pilots only making under 17000 PER YEAR?! THIS IS NOT ENOUGH TO LIVE ON!! ESPECIALLY if you have a family.
[snapback]148237[/snapback]

I know nothing about good and bad pays, so is 17000 a year bad?????????
Please answer someone.

Gideon Brown

Social Security
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2005, 06:41:07 am »
17000 is bad. My mother, who is a secretary makes more than that a year.
17,000 is not enough to live on when you have a family and bills to pay. And let's not forget there are no tax cuts for the poor >_<

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Social Security
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2005, 07:26:10 pm »
17000 is bad in the U.S. too. We once had to do a project at school where we had to find a job, that requried no education, had to find an apartment, and everything else we needed. It was hard to stay free of debt.