Author Topic: Professor Who Said 9/11 Victims Deserved Death  (Read 11405 times)

MiraclrPlz

Professor Who Said 9/11 Victims Deserved Death
« on: February 04, 2005, 07:28:58 pm »
Here is an article I found on the Internet about this...
-START OF ARTICLE-
"Colorado educator who lauded terrorists' "gallant sacrifices" to appear at Hamilton College  

Associated Press
First published: Monday, January 31, 2005

DENVER -- The University of Colorado's regents have scheduled a special meeting to consider a professor's essay that said victims of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks deserved to die because they were a willing part of "the mighty engine of profit."

The essay by Ward Churchill, chairman of the ethnic studies department and a longtime Indian activist, was written in the aftermath of the attacks. Its contents became known when he was invited to speak at Hamilton College in Clinton, near Utica.

Some relatives of Sept. 11 victims have protested the college's decision to allow Churchill to speak Thursday, the same day the Colorado regents will meet on the university's Fitzsimons campus.

CU Provost Phil DiStefano last week said Churchill's views do not represent the university, but he had a right to express them.

A critic, U.S. Rep. Bob Beauprez, R-Colo., said that because Churchill is tenured he apparently is immune from any sanctions by the university but should apologize. There was no answer at Churchill's office phone Sunday, and his private phone is not listed.

Following the attacks, Churchill wrote an essay, "Some People Push Back: On the Justice of Roosting Chickens," that hailed the "gallant sacrifices" of the "combat teams" that struck America.

He said although the victims were civilians they were not innocent. He went on to describe the World Trade Center victims as "little Eichmanns," a reference to Adolf Eichmann, who organized Adolf Hitler's plan to murder Europe's Jews. "

-END OF ARTICLE-

This garbage, that peice of filth of a "human being" who calls himself a college professor.  I'm not all that surprised, because I know how the left-wing thinks.  They don't think.  I also heard on the news that he said there ought to be more 9/11.  He should not only be fired, but executed!

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 08:22:30 pm »
Unfortuanetly there are some people that think this way. We have a "local celebrity", persay, that everyone hates because he pushes peoples buttons - he also said that 9/11 victims deserved it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 08:26:15 pm by GrEeNdAyFrEaK »

Gideon Brown

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 08:55:38 pm »
The victims didn't deserve it, but the government did...two different things *walks away*

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 09:34:39 pm »
Yea, the victims were innocent in this.  However, for the sake of debate and free speech, the man should be allowed to make his speech.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 09:35:52 pm »
The victims didn't deserve it, but the government did...two different things *walks away*
[snapback]150236[/snapback]
You wouldn't be saying that if they bombed Canada...

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2005, 12:56:00 am »
This garbage, that peice of filth of a "human being" who calls himself a college professor. I'm not all that surprised, because I know how the left-wing thinks. They don't think. I also heard on the news that he said there ought to be more 9/11. He should not only be fired, but executed!

For once, I completely agree with MSP.

oscar_the_grouch

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2005, 01:14:27 am »
[snapback]150253[/snapback]

What does Canada have to do with 9/11? The man has every right to say what he said. Freedom of Speach is a privllage. I may not agree with what he has to say, but Ill defend his right to say it. Another early morning ramble. I should go to bed :tongue:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2005, 01:18:40 am by oscar_the_grouch »

Starr2k3

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2005, 05:09:16 am »

But it will never happen to Canada. It's because USA's government is dumb.

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2005, 09:08:37 am »
If it is against the law to make racial slurs on TV, for that is inciting hate, than this man broke the law too.  This is worse than that!  That professor is inhuman!  But alot of people in other countries thought 9/11 was a good thing.

oscar_the_grouch

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2005, 04:49:48 pm »
If it is against the law to make racial slurs on TV, for that is inciting hate, than this man broke the law too.  This is worse than that!  That professor is inhuman!  But alot of people in other countries thought 9/11 was a good thing.
[snapback]150326[/snapback]

TV is a general program that any age of people could be watching. Do you want a four yearold child running around calling people racist words? That is excatly why they get rid of cussing. It is for a general audiance (sp?) and even though my parents may not care if my four yearold sister hears swear words, someone else's parents might not want the same thing for their child. You are aloud to be racist, its a personal opinion. Though I think it is idioctic, it again comes with freedom. We are aloud to look down or hate other people for any reason we find fit, but you arent aloud to go out and attack apon our hate or threaten. I could be wrong though. Someone please correct me if I am.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2005, 05:07:40 pm »
Only MSP would make a topic like this <_<

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2005, 06:24:43 pm »
How so?  This trajady did happen.  There is also a teacher in Princeton.  He is Pro-Choice, and he believes that a mother should be able to kill her kids whenever she wants(at any age, I'm not making this up!)

Gideon Brown

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2005, 06:41:53 pm »

You know...if my country did the things yours did, and we were bombed, I'd still feel the same way. I don't agree with what the US was doing BEFORE 9/11 and I don't agree with what they did after. I don't agree with war. When people are drafted, and killed in the line of duty two days overseas (WWII, Regiment of Newfoundland) it is NOT right.

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2005, 07:17:21 pm »
War is a beautiful thing.  If not for war:

America would still be occupied by England.

We'd all be speaking German.  ETC.  MANY MANY EXAMPLES.  Countless examples.  There is no way to debate that was is bad.  It is needed.

Gideon Brown

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2005, 07:27:26 pm »
America would still be occupied by England.
[snapback]150571[/snapback]
Then how...how come Canada is no longer occupied by Britain? Did WE go to war?