Author Topic: Rate The Movie You Last Watched  (Read 6196 times)

Kenny Blankenship

Rate The Movie You Last Watched
« on: March 28, 2005, 05:16:37 pm »
Ah, a slight variation on the ole “Rate the _____ above you” threads.  Actually, a combination the “What are you Listening/Watching” threads and the aforementioned “Rate the...” threads.  Hope this gets off the ground, because I think it could prove to be pretty interesting...

Anyway, pretty self-explanatory... rate the movie you last watched.  Include the name of the movie, the rating, and if you could a mini review of the movie.  I'll get things started:

The Incredibles:
Dang... people up and down have been raving about this particular movie, and wouldn't you know it, they're actually right.  An exceptional movie, with a fantastic story, some stellar action, and of course stunning visuals.  And the music was surprisingly fantastic, it made the movie feel like a real superhero flick.  My only gripe with the film is that it's a little lacking in the comedy department, which is a huge factor for me.  Pretty much ensures that I won't be giving it many repeat viewings.  But nevertheless, still an “incredible” movie.  Get that, I said it was “incredible”, and the name of the movie is the Incredibles?  Isn't that funny?.... OK, maybe not.  Anyway, Kenny Blankenship gives it his stamp of approval®.
My Rating: 9/10

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 05:26:15 pm »
Once Upon a Time in the West
The movie is brilliant, one of Sergio Leone's best creations.  It is a classic spaghetti western with various heros and villains countering each other in a dry desert landscape.  As with many of Leone's movies, the music score by Ennio Morricone is truely breathtaking, and to me is what sets this movie above any other western.  If you are a fan of the genre or of classic movies in general, watching it is an absolute necessity.
10/10
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 05:26:43 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

foulpattie

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 05:35:39 pm »
i think i may have seen that movie before. Tell me, does this movie start off with almost no talking. And then you see this fly in a guy's beard and he keeps blowing it? Yeah, that's it right?

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 05:51:30 pm »
i had to see the pacifier with my younger cousins on saturday. 7.5/10

Kenny Blankenship

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 04:55:18 pm »
The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (gee, how predictable)
Well, of course I'm going to say I liked the movie.  I'd be burned at the stake here if I didn't.  Anyway, thankfully I actually do like the movie, and it pretty much lived up to all my expectations, that it was going to be a fun, silly 90 minute episode.   The minor quibbles I have are that Squidward doesn't get NEARLY enough air time, Patrick gets a little too much air time (sorry, but I can only take so much of Patrick before I get tired of him), and the new characters do nothing for me.  In fact, I'd even go far to say that Mindy is the worst character in the SpongeBob world.  She's just.... too normal.  Doesn't fit into their world at all.
Rating: 7/10.... nah, the David Hasselhoff scene increases its rating... 8/10.

SpongeBobAndyZX14

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 05:02:27 pm »
Ace Ventura:  When Nature Calls- 10/10
The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie- 20/10

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 04:16:41 pm »
I dont rember what it was calleld enitirely, so i'll jsut call It hina.

China:

I had to watch this in class today. BORING!!!!!

-50/10(Would have fallen asleep if I didn't have to go to speech.)

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2005, 10:43:44 am »
i had to see the pacifier with my younger cousins on saturday. 7.5/10
[snapback]164874[/snapback]

You poor poor woman. :(

Ice Princess
Not a bad movie but it could've been funnier. It's like another soap opera in a way. Both my mom and I knew the outcome which is always sad to know before it actually happens. They still had 2 hot actresses playing 2 of the main roles :P That girl from HARRIET THE SPY and Hayden (last name?) from Tiger Cruise on Disney Channel.
6.5/10

SpongeBobAndyZX14

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2005, 02:53:22 pm »
-50/10(Would have fallen asleep if I didn't have to go to speech.)
[snapback]165439[/snapback]
What do you meen by "speech"?  You meen you had to give a speech about it?

Drop Dead Fred: 0/10

My brother made me watch it with him again.  It was a 7/10 the first time, but then it sucked.

Kenny Blankenship

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2005, 08:21:51 pm »
The Cat In The Hat
I had the misfortune of having to endure this while I played MVP earlier today.... pure dreck.
1/10

foulpattie

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 08:28:56 pm »
still had 2 hot actresses playing 2 of the main roles :P That girl from HARRIET THE SPY and Hayden (last name?) from Tiger Cruise on Disney Channel.

I agree with you.   :biggrin:  

The Cat In The Hat

i'm sorry. Is there anything I can do to ease the pain?

the last movie I watched was "Where Eagles Dare." It's an old war movie. It had pretty good action scenes. 8/10

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2005, 08:36:36 pm »
SIN CITY:

See it. Now. Even if you haven't read the comics. See it. Now.

11/10

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2005, 08:46:58 pm »
Girl with a Pearl Earring

Good, good movie. It was a bit vague, but I like that so 9/10. The 9 is there because I wanted to know if Griet married Cillian and they didn't tell me that.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2005, 10:43:15 pm »
Abdy, I go to speech to practice my "R" sound because it always goes as a "W" when I say it.

Part of "Mr. 3000"

I wasn't able to pay attention, so I tuered it off(Too much noise of everyone around me). Of what Ib saw, not so great, but I wasn't really able to concerate so, i'll give 5/10.

Kenny Blankenship

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2005, 01:05:10 pm »
Robots
Well, Dad wanted to go see this for some reason, and since I had nothing to do this afternoon, I went with.  As for the movie, it was OK.  Fairly funny, and great visuals.  But the storyline and the characters?  Mostly forgettable.  
5/10