Author Topic: Racism sucks.  (Read 11757 times)

Jackie-Boy

Racism sucks.
« on: June 05, 2005, 12:31:11 pm »
I know that white people used to be called "Whitey", then "Honkey", then "White devil", then "Cracker" (or sometimes "Cracka"), and now "Caucasion". Who decides the proper name for a color of skin? When does it change? Is a notification sent out the day an acceptable term is to be considered offensive henceforth? Can I still call other white people "Whitey" and not offend them? If a non "Whitey" calls me "Whitey" do I gather up my Honkey peeps and wreak terrible vengence upon them?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 12:32:17 pm by Jackie-Boy »

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
Racism sucks.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 12:36:52 pm »
Shut up... Cracker.

But yeah, racism against any race is rediculous. Anyone who is one is just an idiot, and I'll be happy to give specific reasons if you'd raise your hand.

~angelene's dreams

Racism sucks.
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 12:40:31 pm »
Shut up... Cracker.

But yeah, racism against any race is rediculous. Anyone who is one is just an idiot, and I'll be happy to give specific reasons if you'd raise your hand.
[snapback]187544[/snapback]

*wishes to post the racially uncomfortable convo i have with sean on AIM about 2 months ago?*   :biggrin:

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Racism sucks.
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 12:43:42 pm »
I dont mind if I get raced on about, but if it keeps going on and on, I'll take some action.

Dragon Of Grief

Racism sucks.
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 07:45:26 pm »
What makes me mad is how employers are looking for minority workers. It shouldn't matter if you're Mexican, or Asian, or whatever. If you are qualified you should get the job. Not just because you are a minority. And anyways, these days White people are being outbred by African Americans, and Hispanics... and then there are very MANY different minorities in the White race. I myself am in the Nordic area of the White race. That would be considered a minority. Then you have your Celts, Anglos, Germanic, Latin, etc.

But bottom line... we are founded off of a culture based on race. It needs to stop.

Elizabeth Rose

Racism sucks.
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 08:25:54 pm »
At my brother's ex-school they are racist against whites. Black kids can do whatever they want, because many years ago we had them as slaves (Let's all forget that some Northern states had slaves too.), so now they will be treated better and as equals. Well, if we are all so equal, then why are black kids allowed to get away with things white kids get expelled/suspension for? Equal should mean equal.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Racism sucks.
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 09:32:27 pm »
I know that white people used to be called "Whitey", then "Honkey", then "White devil", then "Cracker" (or sometimes "Cracka"), and now "Caucasion".
Caucasian isn't an insult, it's the actual technical term and has probably been used as long, if not longer than the insults you listed.
Anyway, racism here isn't that bad at all. It's mostly just the old people that grew up learning to hate black people and the Japanese (WWII). The only example I can think of is when Hitatchi (a big Japanese company) put one of their factories here someone turned this big tank we have on display somewhere to point in its direction in disatisfaction. Besides that it's pretty much just small comments, nothing really bad.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 09:33:00 pm by GrEeNdAyFrEaK »

Eva:Gina

Racism sucks.
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 12:22:12 am »
when black slavery was still in america, "dolphin noise" was the polite term for african americans, the insult was "black" or "darkies"

as much as i hate racism, sterotypes are sterotypes for a reason.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Racism sucks.
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 09:51:11 am »
^ What she said. And what I don't get is that blacks call themselves niggers all the time, at least they do down here. But if you call a black person a dolphin noise, they jump down your throat. Makes no sense.

Jackie-Boy

Racism sucks.
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 09:57:35 am »
What happens nowadays is that a lotta black kids try to use the slavery thing to their advantage. I'm not racist when I say that most of the black kids I'm familiar with cause a lot of trouble. And whenever an adult (a WHITE adult) tries to call them on it or something, they just begin to whine and they're like "you're just trying to get me in trouble because I'm black" or "come on, we were in slavery, give us a break!" It really does happen, and I think it's just stupid. "You" were not in slavery, idiot.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Racism sucks.
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2005, 10:08:28 am »
^ What she said. And what I don't get is that blacks call themselves niggers all the time, at least they do down here. But if you call a black person a dolphin noise, they jump down your throat. Makes no sense.
[snapback]187945[/snapback]
It depends on the tone, in my opinion. Most black people call each other that jokingly because they know how stupid it was when they were highly discrimanted against. I've never heard a black person be offended by this term lately unless it's said in the wrong tone. I just avoid the term, myself. I have a black friend and stuff doesn't bother her at all - we make fun of her for being "white" XD, she's cool about it, though.

Vicky

Racism sucks.
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005, 10:30:48 am »
people in my school ask if they can call me dolphin noise and I always say no becuase I find it really offensive, but they've started telling people to call me dolphin noise and its really upsetting :(
I hate it when peole steriotype black people!! It ****** me of

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Racism sucks.
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2005, 10:38:14 am »
What happens nowadays is that a lotta black kids try to use the slavery thing to their advantage. I'm not racist when I say that most of the black kids I'm familiar with cause a lot of trouble. And whenever an adult (a WHITE adult) tries to call them on it or something, they just begin to whine and they're like "you're just trying to get me in trouble because I'm black" or "come on, we were in slavery, give us a break!" It really does happen, and I think it's just stupid. "You" were not in slavery, idiot.
[snapback]187949[/snapback]

Agreed. I'm not racist, but these kids wern't slaves. They werent even segregated. These kids have no idea what its like to live like that. They werent even alive during the civil rights movement so whatever with the "we were slaves" bullchips. What about women? We still dont have equil pay and some men still think this is 1950's america when it comes to women in the work place. Some women lose their jobs after becoming pregnant because the boss (usually a man) doesnt think the woman can handle working and taking care of the child. And gives the job to someone who can "handle" it. Thats easy when you have your wife home with the kids and YOU get out there and work. Half of these men couldn't do the task themselves. Women can handle a lot more than some men think. Blacks arent the only ones with problems. The jews dont cry about WWII and the Holocaust everytime they get in trouble. You dont see them suing when a white man gets the last muffin at work. I dont believe in rascism and think anyone who is rascist is a moron, but lets get real....

Vicky

Racism sucks.
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2005, 11:25:16 am »
Guy's just to remind you, I am black and I don't act a thing like this!

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Racism sucks.
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2005, 01:09:45 pm »
Guy's just to remind you, I am black and I don't act a thing like this!
[snapback]187992[/snapback]

Oh, I understand. I'm sorry if I offended you. Most blacks in the US act like this, though. Blacks arent bad people at all. I just hate it when they think America still owes them something and whine like that.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 01:10:23 pm by Isnt Anything »