6 (21.4%)
I Despise Them
2 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: GOTHS  (Read 25848 times)

Elizabeth Rose

GOTHS
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2004, 07:31:39 pm »
I admit I do love black, but I wear pretty much whatever I want and it is not all black. In fact, I'm wearing a dark pink skirt now...

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
GOTHS
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2004, 07:53:32 am »
Saying that wearing a band t-shirt makes you Goth makes no sense. Okay...maybe a Megadeth T-shirt or a Nirvana one...MAYBE...but my Great Big Sea T-shirt would make me...Canadian...as it's white with a great big red maple leaf in the centre of it with GBS in white, and underneath it says The Beautiful Tour....it's the only white shirt I'll wear....so NO I'm not Goth....lol. Still have lots of Goth friends tho!

Wearing a Megadeth or Nirvana shirt doesnt make you goth either...

Goth is more than the music you listen to, the make-up you wear, the way you dress. It's a life style. I did post about this before:

Not all goths are vampires and worship the Devil. In fact some goths dont wear black at all. Some wear very bright colors. Like punk, indie, goth even its a life style. Not an obession with a color.

It is a life style. The Church this person got that from is targeting the wrong crowd.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 07:55:12 am by Isnt_Anything »

Gideon Brown

GOTHS
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2004, 09:48:27 am »

Wearing a Megadeth or Nirvana shirt doesnt make you goth either...

Indeed you are right...I wear these shirts everyday, and again, I am NOT a Goth.

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
GOTHS
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2004, 03:10:43 pm »
i flat out hate stereotyping people

Rabble

GOTHS
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2004, 03:19:18 pm »
How Are Goths Gay and take Drugs? I thought they were pepole who want to be alone and stay away from crowds and all that..

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
GOTHS
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2004, 06:26:59 pm »
Why do we have these discussions? The idea behind these things usually flies over most memebers heads...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 06:27:51 pm by Isnt_Anything »

Gideon Brown

GOTHS
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2004, 07:18:57 pm »
*shrugs* It's something to talk about. I enjoy debating because somewhere out there, some person who has no view on the subject will read the topic and suddenly understand the topic and pick a side. *shrugs* As for this one....you can't say "That guy is Goth cuz he has long hair dyed black and wears an Alice In Chains sweater and Toque in the middle of winter without a coat on, and plays Megadeth riffs in the hall, while skipping math class." It makes no sense!! AIYA!!

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
GOTHS
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2004, 12:21:23 am »
lol, Im not longer needed in this topic, you guys are doing a great job.
I just hope that christian who gave me the leaflet comes online and see's this. XD
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
GOTHS
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2004, 08:58:03 am »
*shrugs* It's something to talk about. I enjoy debating because somewhere out there, some person who has no view on the subject will read the topic and suddenly understand the topic and pick a side. *shrugs* As for this one....you can't say "That guy is Goth cuz he has long hair dyed black and wears an Alice In Chains sweater and Toque in the middle of winter without a coat on, and plays Megadeth riffs in the hall, while skipping math class." It makes no sense!! AIYA!!
[snapback]135951[/snapback]

Agreed!  :happy:

Some Christians have those views. As a Christian myself, I know that not all Christians feel that way towards "goths". Some hang out with people that look like that. As far as that goes, thats judging people on how they look, not how they are. I know Christians that dress like that (myself included), but it doesnt mean a thing. Its the beliefs that matter, not the way of dress. The Church should take that into consideration.

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
GOTHS
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2004, 09:09:49 am »
I don't have anything against  goths. I don't agree with all of their views, but I'm not going to shun them because of it. The majority of them are really pretty nice, except for the ones that put curses on you and cuss at you in Latin.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 09:11:34 am by SizzlinSean »

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
GOTHS
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2004, 10:05:30 am »
lol, Latin is one of the many languages I speak. XD
I haven't cursed anyone...yet...lol
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

oscar_the_grouch

GOTHS
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2004, 05:10:32 pm »
I don't have anything against goths. I don't agree with all of their views, but I'm not going to shun them because of it. The majority of them are really pretty nice, except for the ones that put curses on you and cuss at you in Latin.

LOL latin... thats funnie! i know someone that screams at you in polish when shes mad and the funnie part is is she thinks shes still speaking english! LOL okay that was a bit off topic.

Paige

Dragon Of Grief

GOTHS
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2004, 06:53:32 pm »
Well, each highschool clique has it's good and bad people. The reason people fear goths is because they don't understand them and are intimidated. I wear a leather wrist cuff with a skull on it, but it doesn't mean I am goth. And I doubt any of you have emt a true goth. The ones in highschool just dress up like goths, when in actuality they aren't goths at all. True goths would probably scare the ::Dolphin Noise:: out of these so-called highschool goths.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 06:54:16 pm by Dragon Of Grief »

oscar_the_grouch

GOTHS
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2004, 09:03:36 pm »
Well, each highschool clique has it's good and bad people. The reason people fear goths is because they don't understand them and are intimidated. I wear a leather wrist cuff with a skull on it, but it doesn't mean I am goth. And I doubt any of you have emt a true goth. The ones in highschool just dress up like goths, when in actuality they aren't goths at all. True goths would probably scare the ::Dolphin Noise:: out of these so-called highschool goths.

hmm thats just your perception. some people might consiter a goth someone who wears studed jewlery, others someone who has liberty spikes, others might think all "goths" now adays are a joke. i have met different extremes of gothic people and to be honest looks has nothing to do with being intimidating. there are two so called gothic people at my school. they walk with their heads down and dont make eye contact. how are you supose to fear someone who is isolated and scared to look someone directly in the eye? i know both of these girls and they are sweet as sugar. i also know an average looking kid who everyone is terrified of because they think he is going to beat them up if you look at him wrong. just goes to show you that looks dont meen squat its your personality.

Paige
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 09:05:25 pm by oscar_the_grouch »

Gideon Brown

GOTHS
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2004, 09:15:43 pm »
[snapback]136379[/snapback]
Fraid I DO kow some TRUE Goths...went out with one for quite a long time...I actually participated in a ritual once...quite the ordeal.