Author Topic: How Was The Earth Created?  (Read 9590 times)

Offline DoomBringer316

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://Meh, Removed.
How Was The Earth Created?
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2003, 03:38:22 pm »
Even if the carbon dating is off, all of my other points are quite valid.

Patrick

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2003, 03:57:32 pm »
i do not think god created earth. okay...here's my theory.

a million bajillion years ago, giant rocks emerged from the sun and formed the planets
Wait, but how could the sun be created? Somone or soemthing would have to creat ethe first "thing".  

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2003, 03:58:30 pm »
Sciene is the root of all evil.
I always heard that the love of money is the root of all evil. I think I've agreed with everything Hannahbal has said.
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2003, 04:00:32 pm »
I believe that God made it in 7 days. The Big Bang is just a hoax that fooled almost everybody (also evoultion).  

Offline DoomBringer316

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2003, 04:01:41 pm »
I really don't see how you can call it a hoax. Granted, you can still believe in the religious side of everything, but please, take a basic bio class. There is a ton of evidence supporting evolution and adaptation.

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2003, 04:04:36 pm »
I hear that somewhere in The Bible, they mention beings similar to Dinosaurs being alive with Humans. And DoomBringer, how do you know that Dinosaurs and Humans didn't live together at one time? Were you alive back then?

No, but there is an accurate technique called Carbon dating that is used to determine when basically anything (within a certain range of years) was on earth. No human was alive when a dinosaur was. Also, in the layers of rock that dinosaur remains have been found, there have been NO human remains. There were never any cave paintings found that depicted dinosaurs. Also, given the size and sharpness of some dinosaur teeth, don't you think that the would have been used as spear heads? No such tools have ever been found. If anything, there is more proof from the scientific point of view than the religious point of view.
Actually, Carbon dating is incorrect. It is extremely flawed by water. They did an experiment where they put a dead fish (that had died a week prior) into water and soaked it for a day. They did the carbon dating thing and it showed to have been deceased for over 21 million years. Thus disproving carbon dating. Now if you believe in Noah's flood, the entire earth was covered in rain. So the earth could be as young as 6 or 7 thousand years old.

Also pertaining to Noah's Flood, Hannah is correct that Noah gave all the people a chance to get in. They did not believe him though. See I believe that there was no rain before the flood. That the water came up from the ground. Thus they wouldn't understand the concept of rain.

Offline DoomBringer316

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2003, 04:07:31 pm »
Actually, Carbon dating is incorrect. It is extremely flawed by water. They did an experiment where they put a dead fish (that had died a week prior) into water and soaked it for a day. They did the carbon dating thing and it showed to have been deceased for over 21 million years. Thus disproving carbon dating. Now if you believe in Noah's flood, the entire earth was covered in rain. So the earth could be as young as 6 or 7 thousand years old.

Also pertaining to Noah's Flood, Hannah is correct that Noah gave all the people a chance to get in. They did not believe him though. See I believe that there was no rain before the flood. That the water came up from the ground. Thus they wouldn't understand the concept

I'm really not seeing how water could affect CARBON dating, seeing as how there is no carbon in water, and water shouldn't decrease the amount of carbon in any substance by that much as to make a MILLIONS of years difference. And, Hannah is neither correct NOR incorrect- it is unknown. As for the Earth only being 6 or 7 thousand years old... >_>.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2003, 04:22:28 pm »
I do not believe in the evolution from Bacteria to Humans or whatever.

I do believe that animals can evolve to fit their surroundings, though. For example, there are birds that are the same species. One lives in the rain forest, one lives in the desert, one lives near the arctic. They could have adapted to their surroundings over time. For example, their beak, how far they can fly, etc. etc. etc.