Author Topic: Your Lingo  (Read 2632 times)

Jackie-Boy

Your Lingo
« on: January 08, 2005, 12:16:47 am »
Anyone else have an odd way of speaking? This is not like MSP's accent thread, this is about words you use.

I have my own manner of dialect. It's very odd. When greeting someone I haven't seen for more than a week, I do the "manly hug" thing, which is a firm hand grip and a pat on the back, and I say, for example, "Ryan, what's up, brother." It's just a quick slip of the tongue. "Brother." Not in the way that African American people (POLITICAL CORRECTNESS HO!) say it (Bruh-tha) but definitely in the way that they mean it.

I also tend to cuss just a wee bit too much. It's in my blood. Speaking of "a wee bit" and things being in my blood, I'm half-Irish, so I say "a wee bit" very much.

A particular favorite right now is "chap". When speaking about someone when they're in the room, but not necessarily speaking TO them, or speaking to a group of people, I reference them as a "chap" or "chaps". Examples.

Jess: What'd you do last night?
Me: Me and this chap (motioning to Danny) played tag on the roof of a three story house in our undies.
Jess: Awesome.

Me: All you chaps listen up! Can anyone tell me how to reach the shampoo black market?

Then there are phrases I use too much. When meaning to say that I'm sorry, I say "Appy polly loggies, devotchka." Ever seen A CLOCKWORK ORANGE? You'll get it then.

Then there's my favorite thing to do. All you kids who use LOL and OMG and WTF and ROFL constantly, let it be known you get made fun of a LOT. Nothing is more refreshing than constantly using those terms in real life, or, as all you chaps call it, IRL.

Gideon Brown

Your Lingo
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 05:29:27 am »
Weird things to say, eh?!

Well, instead of saying what's up?! I ask What're ya at? But then...that's a Newfiism.  Guess that's the trouble with listening to a Newfoundland based band. I also tend to say 'eh' alot. No, I don't have a Canadian accent, I just happen to say 'eh'. I also enjoy saying bugger off instead of, *coughs* another word. And when trying to get someone's attention about something interesting, I'll call out 'Dude yo!'

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Your Lingo
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 07:18:54 am »
I dont really say "whats up". I'd say "how goes it?". A few words of interest.

Horrorshow=good
Peet=drink
deng/pretty polly=money
veck=something like "bloke"
pista=girl
viddy=saw
itty=going
Chelloveck=man
malchick=boy
glazzies=eyes
rot=mouth
devotchka=woman
starry=old
creech=scream
bezoomny=crazy
goloss=voice
millicent/rozz=cops
rozz shop=police station
von=sent/smell
gulliver=head
slooshy=hear
smeck=laugh
listo=face
nagoy=naked/nude

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes "a clockowrk orange" good show ol' chap jack!! Bu, I havent seen the movie. I read the book, though.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2005, 04:26:30 pm by Isnt_Anything »

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Your Lingo
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 08:25:05 am »
I say:

yo
yo momma
riiiiiight
word
bwhahaha

That's about it...

copycat136

Your Lingo
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 08:32:01 am »
I dont say anything like that.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Your Lingo
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 08:45:29 pm »
One: When someone asks me "How you doin?" I usually reply "yeah".

Snowthrower

Your Lingo
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2005, 10:28:26 pm »
1 l1k3z0rz 5p34k t3h 1337 70 k0nf00z pe0pl3!!!1!oneone ^_^

Rabble

Your Lingo
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 04:12:07 pm »

I speak english

Megan

Your Lingo
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2005, 07:27:47 pm »
I tend to say Neat to stupid stuff...

Person: I failed my Algebra quiz
Me: Neat. What'd you get for five?

Then I used to like Wewt...but a girl ruined it...just hate that.
I also like Scandalous, Fantastic, Outrageous, and SpiffyRific. Also Spectacular. Yeah..

Dragon Of Grief

Your Lingo
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2005, 07:44:25 pm »
I speak the Pennsylvania language which basically every other word is eff this and eff that. Haha. Also we speak very deeply. foulpattie knows what I am talking about :tongue:

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
Your Lingo
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2005, 08:14:40 pm »
I use the word "Crap" quite often. I say things like "Craptastic" and "Craptacular".

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Your Lingo
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2005, 08:40:20 pm »
I can't think of much but...
I say "Ferschnittzle!" instead of "Fo' schizzle", rap words sound funny with a german twist XD
I tend to say "Alrighty" alot, especially at work; ex: Customer: "I'm going to write the check for the amount", Me: "Alrighty"
I try as much as possible to make a good your mom joke when the moment arrives. I can't think of any appropriate enough to say on here, but you get the picture XD and I usually say "Oh!.. Hi-oh!" after a your mom joke XD This is picked up from a couple of friends; we all say "Ohhh!" after corny your mom jokes (dont ask XD), and one of my friends tends to say "Hi-oh!" a lot, so I say both together (which sounds like Ohio) to get on yet another friends' nerves.
Yeah, didn't think you'd get that. Welcome to my world XD

jojobird

Your Lingo
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2005, 03:18:33 pm »
The word that I use most is: Dude. Like when some one walks up to me I say: "Hey, dude! How's it goin'?"

Megan

Your Lingo
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2005, 06:20:38 pm »

I can't think of much but...
I say "Ferschnittzle!" instead of "Fo' schizzle", rap words sound funny with a german twist XD
I tend to say "Alrighty" alot, especially at work; ex: Customer: "I'm going to write the check for the amount", Me: "Alrighty"
I try as much as possible to make a good your mom joke when the moment arrives. I can't think of any appropriate enough to say on here, but you get the picture XD and I usually say "Oh!.. Hi-oh!" after a your mom joke XD This is picked up from a couple of friends; we all say "Ohhh!" after corny your mom jokes (dont ask XD), and one of my friends tends to say "Hi-oh!" a lot, so I say both together (which sounds like Ohio) to get on yet another friends' nerves.
Yeah, didn't think you'd get that. Welcome to my world XD

Yes... I got it. Perfectly. I don't know if I should be happy or scared..

« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 06:22:08 pm by megan »

Spiff

Your Lingo
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2005, 06:31:37 pm »
i usually say" hey man, what's crackin" and i also say "aight man, peace out"                                    

i also say "eh" in a lot of my sentences
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 06:32:25 pm by Spiff »